Sign in to follow this  
Avneet

Distance blurry

Hi Guys,

I just got a weird issue I've not had ever before. When playing, anything more than 2 blocks away looks super blurry. If I look through any optic, even if it has only like 1.5x zoom, everything is no longer blurry at all distances (the way it normally used to look for me at all distances). It's as if the game is focusing on a 2 block radius, so everything past that is blurry and out of focus. What happened?

Thanks

Edit: Ahhh! Meant to put this under trouble shooting. Could an admin move it please?

You should check your various resolution options settings. Also, fiddle/disable the post-processing see if that makes it different.

Make sure your 3D resolution matches your interface resolution.

I've messed with everything and nothing is making a difference. I made sure the 3D res matches the interface res. I guess something must have changed with the new update and I'll have to live with this for now.

ATi hardware/driver ? than, you should be victim of default settings, where both texture filtering, mip-mapping and surface format are set to "optimized" state/mide, sometimes notably affecting appearance/reliability :[

solution - put it all into "High Quality"[Catalyst Texture filtering], "Off"[Enable Surface Optimization], "Off"[Tessellation], "Quality"[Mipmap Detail Level], force Vsync-On, Switch AA to FSAA["Super-Sample AA"]. you can also try enforce AF to x16 ["per-pixel"]samples.

p.s.

personally, i found setting 3D resolution to 200% more pleasing visually than using FSAA 4x, for example, but thats purely personal[as always], second only to playing on 4k monitors[or bit less resolving ones].

Edited by BasileyOne