Sign in to follow this  
aussnipe73

Tarin Kot, Oruzgan

Enjoying this map - Frame rates are very good. Will say, I do fine my AI teammates going way off and getting lost much more often than on other maps for some reasons though -

Enjoying this map - Frame rates are very good. Will say, I do fine my AI teammates going way off and getting lost much more often than on other maps for some reasons though -

Glad your enjoying it! As for the AI I've been doing some tests recently. The dense compounds on the city outskirts seem to be too much for the AI's pathfinding to take and they will give up about halfway through. I have thought of some ways to deal with this which will probably make it into the next release. When it comes to driving through town the objects close to the road edges seem to spook them or it could be the roads aren't very consistent yet. If anyone has some ideas to help solve that one I'm listening.

Enjoy your stay in TK,

AusSnipe73

Finally those wooden walkways that snook into the editor objects with ACR have a purpose :)

Loving the map really good AusSnipe,if i rpg the whole walls in built up areas the ai find their way so as some help maybe exits on all wall parts will help ai,keep up the great work m8.

Friday Screenshot Time :)

This week showcasing: Scenic views from a previously missing compound at the edge of town

PostBeta_08.jpg[/img]

...........And: Beginnings of the new road sytem for enhanced AI happiness and job satisfaction

PostBeta_09.jpg[/img]

Want more? try here for all my TK screens

Enjoy,

AusSnipe73

Just wanna say that it already looks awesome!

Looking forward to the full version as i had my deploymend over there! Will keep a eye on you! Good Luck!

AusSnipe73, a new McNools-like mapper is born.:)

Can't wait for the finished version, this map is just awesome...

Cracked 1000 downloads overnight, thanks so much to everyone!

Cheers,:)

AusSnipe73

All pictures and links broken in this thread yesterday should be working again. :o

Once Again Friday Screenshot Time,

This week showcasing: Another new set of Paths

PostBeta_10.jpg[/img]

More pictures soon!

Enjoy,

AusSnipe73

Looking really nice, great quality terrain, looking forward to the update..

:)

Want more of TK?

Find it here

Now updated with new pictures! - A little rushed this time so be warned

looking forward to the update..

hmm..... I might be persuaded to set a date for the next update

AusSnipe73,

Currently loving the Paralympics

Really nice looking map mate! Can't wait for the next update. Keep up the good work and take your time!

Nice work mate, going into some great detail :)

Adding a small FOB will be great :)

Oh there is definitely an FOB in the works, however small is another matter;)

Cheers for feedback always appreciated,

AusSnipe73

Somewhat in the vicinity of Friday screenshot time!;)

This week showcasing: New embankments with roads

PostBeta_11.jpg[/img]

(That is an AI at the wheel)

Find more of this week's developement here

Cheers,

AusSnipe73:D

Looking rather great.

Time is of little importance, quality is much appreciated. I like this terrain for its quality, so take your time..;)

Whoa, even more original terrain features not seen elsewhere, does the AI ever fall off into the ditch?

This is really shaping up, I'm looking forward to creating some content for this puppy when she's ready!

does the AI ever fall off into the ditch?

Occasionally yes but if you tell them to slow down their fine, if it gets too bad I might add a guard rail of some kind or a seeing eye dog for the AI:D

I wandered around the latest beta version the other day...really nice job, thus far. In some ways it reminds me of a blend of the Avgani and Afghan Village maps by Opteryx. You've definitely created a unique map, though. I like how the outskirts seem...organic, I guess is the best word I can think of to describe it. A lot of urban maps tend to be just straight lines and right angles everywhere. This one has that in the center but the outer areas seem a bit more random. Anyhow, it's a nice feel and I look forward to seeing how this develops. I hope you won't add too much more in the way of buildings and FOBs and the like. Personally, I'd prefer to see a less cluttered map that gives mission makers a wider range of potential scenarios. Plus, I think that once you add some more foliage, it's going to be a big enough terrain as it is...let alone once mission makers add in all sorts of AI.

In any event, great job thus far and I look forward to seeing what you come up with in the end. Thanks for sharing this with the community!

- z

I hope you won't add too much more in the way of buildings and FOBs and the like.

To put your fears at rest everything I'm doing at the moment is either adding new features, more detail, or tweaking in the areas all ready done (Western Green Zone south of the river and the built up part of town). In other words when I'm adding new things in this case the large airbase to the south sometimes called camp holland they won't interfere or detract from the existing effect of the map. So I'm not going to be turning any compounds in the green zone into patrol bases or anything like that, I agree that's something for mission makers to do.

Hope that clarifies,

Cheers Really good feedback mate, :)

AusSnipe73