Sign in to follow this  
namman2

Bright windows from inside

I have this issue with the glass textures on the merkava mk3 interior , you see the textures get so bright that you can see anything , i've used the old move bottom trick to make the glass work like a periscope (Wich is used on the m113 and other models too and works perfectly) i've used the m113 textures from arma 1 and i've converted them to arma 2 standarts (compression) but still that didn't fix anything here's a foto of the bug

th_ArmA2OA2012-07-2601-14-49-46.png

It looks as though lacking the alpha channel. Alternatively, select the glass on Oxygen 2 and let the faces - move top

it does have alpha channel , and if i do move top then it wont work and it wont see through so it would be useless

What are the entries you have in rvmat?

well it doesn't have rvmat for the windows , could it be the problem?

Perhaps - I never forget to give rvmat with the effects of glass

Are you using the _ca tag at the end of your texture name?

Save your texture as yourTextureName_ca.tga, then convert it with texView to .paa so it becomes yourTextureName_ca.paa. Then the alpha-channel should work as expected.

that didn't fix it i'm afraid , i've tried moving the glass to another proxy but now it wont see through ..

How do you want to send me a PM - I see what and how :)

Did you save your .tga as 24bits/pixel or 32bits/pixel? You need to save it with 32bits/pixel for the alpha channel to work.

You can verify if you actually have an alpha channel in your .paa texture buy using the second display in TexView. Use it to show the alpha mask only.

TexView.jpg

here is a more explanation to the problem , you see the alpha and faces order is 100% correct in o2 th_mk31.png

you see that you can see the hull and the turret from the periscope but in game it's too bright that you can even see anything from there , here are the rvmat's configs

th_mk32.png

Disable NoAlphaWrite and NoColorWrite, you do not have a link to #(ai,64,64,1)fresnelGlass()

I've tried everything , still no luck :( , i've even used textures from arma 2 models but the problem is still there

Check if your LOD that has the problems is using any weird/odd namedProperties. Also, try the alpha-texture on a new/different project that has other alpha textures that definitely work.

i've tried everything , but i noticed another thing that the game ignores the cargo view shadow and uses the normal shadow , and i've checked everything named properties everything i cant see the problem

You have link a PM from me :)

Firstly - the texture of glass that *.tga was not _ca.paa and invalid rvmat. Secondly - mess with UVset. It all improved and in my glass looks fine. I made a new texture glass with rvmat and are in the "glass" folder.

By the way, remember that whatever you do it at the end, use of glass elements MUST have a face to the top. Regards