Sign in to follow this  
Warts

Crashing on Start

Since patch 1.62 my game crashes on start up.

I have reinstalled with same results.

Any advice?

Hi, are you starting the game with mods? if so, try without.

Watch also for a dsound.dll in your arma2 folder, rename (for example dsound.dll_bak) and try again.

if that solved your problem, ACRE and JayArmA2Lib won't work until they update their mod for 1.62 (don't know if they did already - my connection is really bad at the moment).

if this didn't solve your problem, you might rename your /documents/ArmA2/ folder for example to ArmA2_bak - perhaps your configuration was corrupted. I don't know if a reinstall would recreate the Profiles so this might be a try worth.

cheers

Hi, are you starting the game with mods? if so, try without.

Watch also for a dsound.dll in your arma2 folder, rename (for example dsound.dll_bak) and try again.

if that solved your problem, ACRE and JayArmA2Lib won't work until they update their mod for 1.62 (don't know if they did already - my connection is really bad at the moment).

if this didn't solve your problem, you might rename your /documents/ArmA2/ folder for example to ArmA2_bak - perhaps your configuration was corrupted. I don't know if a reinstall would recreate the Profiles so this might be a try worth.

cheers

Thx

I'll try this out.

I am also getting the same issue as of today.

Full Steam versions of all Arma2 plus addons. Trying to run in Combined Ops. I get to a load screen and it freezes. I have to CTRL ALT DEL to get the game to end via task manager.

I do run DayZ but only through the Six Launcher.

nvidia GTX260

Win 7 64bit

6 GIGS ddr3 RAM

yup, i delete the 2 dll file and its working again too.