Sign in to follow this  
Gunter Severloh

COWarModACE Release thread

Hey Foffy,

The spheres over the characters heads is a debugging tool for the mod:

TPWC AI Suppression system (TPWCAS)

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17049

go to Arma2\userconfig\TPWC_AI_SUP and then open the notepad file there, and look for this line:

//DEBUGGING. 0 = NO DEBUGGING, 1 = DISPLAY COLOURED BALLS OVER ANY SUPPRESSED UNITS, 2 = BALLS + BDETECT LOGGING. 
tpwcas_debug = 1;

look for this code:

tpwcas_debug = 1;

and change the 1 to a 0 -->(zero)

next save and close, go back to the userconfig folder

and then go to this --> Arma2\userconfig\TPW_AI_LOS

same thing, change the code:

//DEBUGGING. UNITS WITH LOS TO A VISIBLE ENEMY WILL HAVE A BLUE BALL OVER THEIR HEADS. 0 = NO DEBUGGING, 1 = DEBUGGING.
[b]tpw_ai_los_debug = 1;[/b]

change to 1 to a -->(zero)

As for the mod I am working on a patch to update this mod as well as a few others, as well as some new content,

so should be ready by the end of this weekend here or sometime this coming new week.

Ladies and Gentleman, fans of ACE and COWarMod please come together and get the latest

update now available for COWarModACE!

DOWNLOAD the Patch v 1.2

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17782

Patch Notes:

COWarModACE v 1.0 is required before patch v 1.2

The Patch will update your COWarModACE v 1.0 to v 1.2

Please know that v 1.1 patch is not needed as it is included in the v 1.2 Patch,

just apply the v 1.2 patch and that is all you need to do.

Hello. I just wanted to say thank you to all the contributors for all the hard work that has gone into this mod. It has added a massive deal of depth and challenge to an already great game. My entire clan is very eager to play using the added features, but I have encountered some issues while giving it a test-run.

The first time I install and run the mod the game runs fine. We're also using ACRE/Jay2ArmaLib to augment our gameplay, RHWeapons to give a bit more variety for our players, and Fallujah Domination as our preferred map. I run it with the following command line and it works like a dream. No lag, no issue whatsoever.

-applaunch 33930 -nosplash "-mod=%_ARMA2PATH%;EXPANSION;ca;@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@COWarModACE;@ACE;@ACEx;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_USNAVY;@ACRE;@JayArmA2Lib;@fallujah1_2;@RHweps"

However, the second time I run the game, it takes forever to load the modules. It can literally take fifteen minutes to get all of the scripts from COWarModACE to finish before ACRE will start updating. Furthermore, there's massive amounts of lag and RAM use during this time. So much so that player position isn't updated during this time.

I figure there has to be a fix for this matter, but for the life of me I can't figure it out.

Any and all assistance is greatly appreciated from not only myself, but several soon-to-be-fans of your collective mod.

Thanks,

RunLevel6 / Allen

Hello fellas, Late reply.

Extreme Lag After Second Time Running the Game

Hello. I just wanted to say thank you to all the contributors for all the hard work that has gone into this mod. It has added a massive deal of depth and challenge to an already great game. My entire clan is very eager to play using the added features, but I have encountered some issues while giving it a test-run.

The first time I install and run the mod the game runs fine. We're also using ACRE/Jay2ArmaLib to augment our gameplay, RHWeapons to give a bit more variety for our players, and Fallujah Domination as our preferred map. I run it with the following command line and it works like a dream. No lag, no issue whatsoever.

-applaunch 33930 -nosplash "-mod=%_ARMA2PATH%;EXPANSION;ca;@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@COWarModACE;@ACE;@ACEx;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_USNAVY;@ACRE;@JayArmA2Lib;@fallujah1_2;@RHweps"

However, the second time I run the game, it takes forever to load the modules. It can literally take fifteen minutes to get all of the scripts from COWarModACE to finish before ACRE will start updating. Furthermore, there's massive amounts of lag and RAM use during this time. So much so that player position isn't updated during this time.

I figure there has to be a fix for this matter, but for the life of me I can't figure it out.

Any and all assistance is greatly appreciated from not only myself, but several soon-to-be-fans of your collective mod.

Thanks,

RunLevel6 / Allen

Hello runlevel6 and welcome to BIS forums,

also thanking for downloading the ACE compatible version of COWarMod, let me see if we can clear things up for you.

To start you will need to understand that COWarModACE has a 190 addons and mods in one, plus you have on top of it,

all the ACE moduels, acrea, and alot of other things.

I suggest just to start is to run your target line like this:

-mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@ACE;@COWarModACE

and then report how the game runs for you, then we can go from there.

There is one mod that i do know of that will cause lag: and that is tpw_ai_los_104.

Also what are your computer specs?

only thing I do not like is I cannot use "Q" as the lean button.

Hi ranger,

nice vid, alot of effects going on there!

For your lean problem, what happens when you do press Q for your lean button? Nothing? or does the AI when command squad do a formation?

off the top of my head I would have to say your dealing with a key conflict with the ARD mod see here:

ARD - (All around Defense)

You'll need to remap your keys, heres what you do:

go to this folder:

Arma2\userconfig\ARD

and change the last code in the line, this code looks like this:

// This changes the key to order All Round Defense quickly (without opening the menu)

[b]ARD_quick = 16;  // << EDIT THIS NUMBER[/b]

now at the bottom there is a lsit of key codes where it says:

Key codes are listed below

you'll see a list of keys on your keyboard with a number or letter next to it.

Now for you since you use your Q key for lean, you will need to change the number next to that key, as by default

when using ARD the key is:

Q = 16 

as the code above:

// This changes the key to order All Round Defence quickly (without opening the menu)

[b]ARD_quick = [b]16[/b];  // << EDIT THIS NUMBER[/b]

So change that 16 which is currently bound to your q key to something else.

Now if you dont want to use ARD see link above then just remove the file:

ard.pbo and its bisign both which are located in the @CoWarModACE addons folder.

Hope that clears this up for you, let me know if you have any more issues.

Hey man really nice mod.I have two problems.Number 1 during almost every single firefight my weapons all of a sudden won't fire whether its is a knife or a M4 or even the grenades won't be thrown,then for some reason i can shoot agian and then it might stop again.And number 2(please note that I am not sure if this is a problem or something that you have removed) the ACE fastroping system won't work.And yes before anybody asks I am using the compatible helicopters.Other than that great mod!:o

Hi,

For the weapons not being able to shoot, I have no idea, I never ran into any such problems like that with COWarModACE.

For the helicopters issue remove this file and see if it fixes the issue.

heli_extras

Also anytime you have a problem ingame when using a mod then you will need to do a process of elimination, first disable COWarModACE

to make sure that ACE is running like it should, if it is then you know it has to do something with CoWarModACE.

Then you need to review your RPT, be sure to post that in the future.

Thank you for your reply.

---------- Post added at 10:44 ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 ----------

Ok I removed the heli extras folder and the fastrope works I also diabled Cowarmod and and got into a gunfight and everything worked but when I enabled it again i had the same problem.I have noticed that it only happens when there are medium to large groups of enemies and friendlies.When I have a small patrol against an enemy patrol then it works but when I have a squad against two groups of enemies then the weapons won't fire!

Hmm, ok well one problem solved is good, we will need to determine which addon/mod is the culprit.

I will need you to post your RPT after you have had that situation occur, so I can get a better idea of what your running, and what

other process are possibly happening ingame, Sounds like a script conflict.

Post your RPT, here is a page that will give you some info on RPT and other files, but we want the RPT:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/RPT

Question

COWarModACE has a customization folder in side the @CoWarModACE folder, did you move any of the files be it AI,

or any of the others into your @COWarModACE Addons folder?

The only files that I have moved into the@COWarmodACE folder is the files the you give us in every update and only the ones that are in the addon folder

Something strange just happend.I reinstalled ARMA2 Co because I am waiting for a mod and I want to have a clean copy and I also installed ACE and your mod so that I have something to do .I was curious and got into firefight with a large group and everything worked fine.I tested it 2 more times and it works good.Maybe I had done something wrong

Hmm, something got fixed, or replaced that wasn't there before, cant say but glad it works for you now.

Do i need Ace mod for this one or just download this one and good to go?

Because I'm see it combine with ACe

Thank you

Hi Roman,

COWarModACE is basically COWarMod made compatible for ACE, so ACE mod is not needed, but then it would

be pointless to download COWarModace if your not going to use the mod with ACE, you might as well just download the full version of COWarMod if your going to do that.

With CoWarModACE you run both mods like this:

-nosplash -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@ACE;@COWarModACE

I downloaded this just to see what it was the changes to AI is really great! I do have a pretty serious problem tho the animations seem bugged every time I push Q or E to lean my player starts using hand signals... what mod is this so I can delete it?

I downloaded this just to see what it was the changes to AI is really great! I do have a pretty serious problem tho the animations seem bugged every time I push Q or E to lean my player starts using hand signals... what mod is this so I can delete it?

Possibly 'ard' pbo, try removing it to test..:)

I do have a pretty serious problem tho the animations seem bugged every time I push Q or E to lean my player starts using hand signals... what mod is this so I can delete it?

Hi Felixk44,

that animation is not a bug, its a feature, and as ChrisB has stated it is from the ARD Mod--> http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12815

You can do 2 things:

1. either configure the mod to make it work

2. remove it from COWarModACE

I will show you how to configure it, follow the steps:

1. go to Arma2\userconfig\ARD

2. open the ARD notepad file

3. scroll down to where you see this line:

// This changes the key to order All Round Defense quickly (without opening the menu)

ARD_quick = 16;  // << EDIT THIS NUMBER

4. Change the ARD_quick = 16; to whatever number you want, to know what to change it to, refer to the list of letters and numbers in the ARD list below this code line.

========

Overall the Q & E keys are bey default what call ARD, if your a squad leader, it will call your squad and tell them to form an ARD or All around defense.

=======

If you do not want this feature or are not interested it then go to Arma2\@COWarModACE\addons\ard

and remove the pbo that says ard

Any further questions, burg reports, then please post your reply, Im on the forums here everyday, and more on the weekends.

Hello CoWarModACE fans!

Since my recent patch release of COWarMod v 1.4, COWarModACE can be updated, i am currently working on a patch for COWarModACE which will be v 1.3,

and hope to release soon after the update, and some testing.

Günter,

Are you (still) taking suggestions for addional mods? If so, you might consider Tao's Folding Map which simulates holding a map in your hand: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18682

You see a bigger part of the map than your GPS device would show, but you are still in the game world with maybe two thirds of your screen.

Ya I can still add more, I've seen that addon, I will check it out.

The patch isn't done yet, haven't had the motivation to work on it because of other projects, so I should have it out this weekend.