Sign in to follow this  
PreedSwe

Petition: Release a 1.62 compatible linux server patch!

Please! We have 50 people on our server every day at this time, right now there are 3... I dont care if its got a few glitches since nobody can play on the server anyway right now, might aswell do some testing to get a 1.62 release out faster...

It's being worked on - all the dependencies and libraries need to be updated for current distro packages. In the meantime you can use WINE - a script is included in this post.

i already repeated several times we are working on it, we migrating to new debing, gcc and there are some issues with libraries ...

you need wait, or do you prefer buggy unstable not working release?

also You can as temporary solution use headless WINE install and windows dedicated server binary

On top of what has been said before, we don't allow petitions here. :)

I dont care if its got a few glitches

The trouble is the porting of 1.62 is more difficult then usual, therefore the version we have does not have glitches, as it is not compilable at all at the moment. The project changes were more extensive this time than before, requiring us to significantly modify the Linux makefile and to upgrade the compiler as well.

We are sorry for the delay, but we are really working on it and there is nothing we can do to make it happen faster.