Sign in to follow this  
Sled88

Conspiracies Rising Dead 3

I forgot to mention my admiration for the contaminated stalkers. That green glow looks great. Is there any chance of having that type of glow emanating as particle effects being emitted from the eyes and mouth? I bet that would heighten the sense of dread a lot!

Also, I have to ask, are there any plans on incorporating any type of specialized zombies (ones with powers) like I suggested earlier? The contaminated stalkers seem like a step in that direction. I'm just hoping for a few more details, that's all. :)

What I also admire are your long-term plans to eventually setup a perpetual world on a dedicated server. The STALKER community has been hoping for something like that ever since the very first title came out, and it now looks like that the only way that's going to happen is via the ArmA II game engine. If you brought that to fruition, man, the fans are going to FREAK.

Hey Kyle,

Yes we are planning to include some more powerful and different zombie/bloodsucker/Dogs ect... I am working on a PSI-Scientist atm. When he comes close to you your the scene will blur and getting black and white. Also he will have a blue shine in the dark so you can spot them more easlier.

DAP from the stalker-mod asked me to cooperate. Maybe this could be the right direction to the 24/7 running server, meaning the scripts and the MP-knowledge.

Regards

Sounds good Sled.

Again, if you're looking for a possible point of inspiration, take a close look at my link to my Addons Request posting to see the images that I cooked up ( http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?74039-Arma-2-Addon-request-thread&p=2202040&viewfull=1#post2202040 ). If you're able to setup the creatures to have glowing effects coming from the eyes, mouths, and even nostrils, you can see that the psychological impact on the viewer significantly induces fear. If the missile-attacks are launched from the hands, chest, head, wherever, then giving those areas a glowing particle effect would also be very unnerving to see. You can maximize the use of a mesh and its set of animations by showing that it has a greater power by amplifying the number and volume of a creature's energy manifestation. If you study my illustrations, you'll see that for the flame-based zombies I increase the presence of flames on its back and on its hands, and the face's flesh grows more "translucent" as the intensity of its internal energies shine through it. To be consistent with the increase in power, more energy-particle-effects are also emitted from the creature's eyes, mouth, nostrils, and even ear drums. The same holds true for my electricity-based creatures. The point, of course, is that this design principal is not only logical to the player, but it is also flexible enough to be applied to any type of creature that you want to roam about the map.

In regards to factions that are present in your mod, perhaps you could setup stalkers who have infiltrated the region from China. The latest release of the VME mod is very well done, and what's especially cool about it is that it comes with a Chinese language pack ( http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14099&highlight=VME ). Hearing Chinese being spoken would be a nice change of pace away from English and Russian, as variety is the spice of life. Perhaps you could apply some official Chinese special operations camouflage patterns to some of the stalker units, and then set them up so that when they spawn, they do so with Chinese facial features. What would also be a bonus to introducing a Chinese faction to the world, is that it would allow us to utilize their weaponry and equipment.

It's hard to imagine the Chernobyl region not being infiltrated from the world's very best special forces units and mercenaries. With China on the rise as a preeminent superpower, it makes a ton of sense that they too would be sticking their unwanted noses into Ukraine's business, along with the Americans, British, Germans, Russians, etc., etc. If the mod's environment is going to be "open world," then it'll be possible for the player to setup some very strange and brutal alliances!

And again, if you'd like my help towards giving the English translation the best polish possible, don't hesitate to ask - just please send the text my way as soon as possible. This is going to be a heavy year for me work-wise.

Yours!

Hey Kyle,

I am doining my best on the effetcs for the zombies, but the ARMA-Engine is limited though, just like my time. Of course I would send you the text but it has to be finsihed first. ;) Thanks for the offer so far.

BTW: I already studied your thread about the enhanced zombies =)

Regards

I'm happy to hear that it sounds like you're willing to let me do some proofreading for you - good. Happy to help!

---------- Post added at 22:24 ---------- Previous post was at 21:48 ----------

Leaping creatures...

If it's possible to add creatures that can do a sudden leap-attack, that it would be nice to have to add some variety to encounters. I'd avoid this though if the animations can't be made convincing, which I know is a major chore in ArmA II, and was a pain in the butt for Operation Flashpoint and ArmA as well.

But, if convincing animations can be done, it would be great to see them in-game.

^^^ - leaping creatures.

At the very least we could have a return of the chimaera from CoP.

And if it works then it opens the way for other leaping creatures - or maybe even Burers (trigger a leaping script on the player, target).

Hey folks,

I can proudly say that DAP and BAC is in cooperation now! ;) The creators of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - MOD and the creators of the Conspiracies series working together now^^. Our upcoming project will be Conspiracies of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.. Just to inform you all^^ I am not sure but maybe I can ask DAP if I could use some stuff from in also in CRD3. Lets see guys ^^

While CRD3 will use the alpha-version of Chernobyl, Conspiracies of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. will use the final one.

I am also rendering some commented videos about the gameworld and gameplay. Ca 15min long, can be seen on youtube soon, maybe today maybe tomorrow, lets see. Also some videos of Conspiracies Apocalypse 3 and Conspiracies LOST can be seen there soon, of course also gameplay...

Edited by Sled88

Here are some gameplay footage:

And the trailer:

Edited by Sled88

Thank you for all of the preview videos Sled.

There's a lot to admire in the videos. The atmosphere is very nice.

I've some ideas to toss your way, do with them what you will...

(1) Setup areas that are SO environmentally screwed up, that even the crew members of tanks wear portable air filtration systems. Tank crews that are turned out, that don't have their filtration system on, will suffer some bad consequences that appear quite quickly, such as blurred vision, unsteady control of one's firearm, etc., etc.

(2) Could a new class of creatures be created from ones that already exist? For example...

...take the boar mesh from Ambient Animals module, make it significantly larger, faster, far more violent, and give it a disgusting skin, and voila, a new mutant creature to worry about!

...take the dog meshes and enlarge them to a terrifying size - perhaps 2m. tall at the creature's spine. Like the modified boar mentioned above, they could be given new skins that elicit a chill out of anyone that encounters them.

...like the new zombified-scientists, even more specialized variants of the above could be encountered, so that they have specialized powers, defenses, and immunities. Missions could be crafted wherein the player has to collect data on them, using one's binoculars to observe them for several minutes, finding their favorite types of food, what other creatures they get along with, which ones they'll attack, when and where the sleep, etc. Tangible evidence could be collected, such as collecting vomit and picking up poo (yuck, I know, BUT real scientists in the filed do this ALL of the time). They might have to tranquilize a creature (how many darts would it take?), and then bring it back to a spooky lab. Once dropped, the creature's weight would majorly slow the player's movement speed down, etc., etc. A neat reward could be that the player gets to name the new species, and is thereafter referred to by that name throughout the game. Of course new weaponry and armor could be made available to the player as a reward as well. Some of the equipment could be quite advanced, such as rounds that deliver an electric charge to the target, acting as a powerful taser whether or not the round penetrated the target's armor, or wherever the round hits a blinding and disorienting flash is produced that affects anyone/anything that's close enough to it.

The evidence collected would be very valuable, and there would even be a chance that one of the player's comrades could become so tempted by the potential wealth that he tries to betray the player.

The list of potentialities is nearly endless...

thanks for your post. Like I said I am working on some different units. I just finished the PSI Zombie. He is glowing blue at tnight and if you come to close the screen wil blur and fade slow till you get out of the zone of this zombie.

SO, uploading atm...

Version 1.0 is 501MB big.

Some infos out of our official forums:

http://conspiracies.forumprofi.de

Requirements:

ARMA2 + PMC + ARROWHEAD + BAF
DOWNLOADSIZE: 501MB

VERSION 1.0

- new island featuring the exact area of chernobyl
- a lot of new missions
- free roaming
- COOP playable (additional download)
- new weapons
- new sounds & music
- new vehicles
- new scripting and scripts
- traders
- all in all 19 missions (additional and storydriven)
- Character "jumping"
- Character "bash"

PLANS for upcoming versions:

- Updating the FREE-ROAMING mode
-> add missions
-> add further scripts
-> bugfixing
-> add more different enemies

- Add several small storydriven campaigns

- Add MP-modes

Creditlist

- Sled88
- Agent Smith
- haroon1992
- Icewindo
- DAP
- weezA
- wuestenwind
- [ADO]OldBear
- SARMAT-Studios
- Clayman
- ASC
- MAPFACT
- Sumrak
- SBH
- BIS Edited by Sled88

hello sled88

i have a question about the chernobyl NPP model: since it seems a bit undetailed and repetetive right now, is there any chance the model and textures will be updated? you can take inspiration from stalker on how to make the model and textures better.

What a NICE surprise to wake up to: it's released! :bounce3:

I HOPE that I have the time to play it today. Maybe I'll put the kids to bed at 16:00, eh?

Oh! I only wish that I could be that mean! Love is such a burden, you know? :wink:

Im new to this mission and dont read all pages but i have one question: will there be a coop version without the needed dlcs? we want to play this one but only a few have them. No plans of ace integration either? :D

@Kyle_K_ski: mhhh yea I know^^

Again a more detailed featurelist:

- new island with exact rebuild of chernobyl (not finished) ;)

- 19 missions in an open-world

- Sleeping-Module 1.0 (no animations so far)

- Jumping-Module by Arigato

- Bash-Module

- Weather-Module 1.0 (selfmade simple weatherchanging script)

- Accelrated Day/Night change

- Weight-Watcher/Tireness by R3F

- great atmosphere

- featuring real existing places like DUGA-3, NPP, Prypiat ect...

- several known and new enemies like glowing zombies or PSI-zombies

- PSI-Radiation

- Anomalies

- a living world (also zombies and cleaners can die through independent fights or anomalies)

- Intro & Outro

- Coop-playable up to 5 player (additional download)

Storyline:

Conspiracies Rising Dead 3 is the official sequel to Rising Dead 1 and 2. Because we have not exact intro made for CRD3, I maybe have to explain what the player is about to do in this game. Your mission is to destroy the Powerplant of Chernobyl at all costs. The so called "Free-Roaming" mode is, to say it short, a huge mission where you decide what you do, how you do and when you do your next steps. You can do what you want, as long as you succeed your mission. You can accept additional missions, which were maybe not that neccessary to succeed, but which will maybe bring you closer or easier to your mission-target. Remember that not all creatures or people were hostile to you in the zone...

Edited by Sled88

I was waiting for next campaign from Conspiracies series. Downloading now :)

I am working on a vanilla version of CRD3 ;)

BTW: ACE should work fine

Edited by Sled88

Thanx for sharing, Sled. I like the concept of the free roaming sandbox style and I really love the new map. Some thoughts:

There seems to be a bug, where if you die the mission loops endlessly in script errors (rpt gets flooded ...) and doesn't end. I can't abort nor "-endmission", have to kill the Arma task in taskmanager. This only happens after my first talk with Ondrej. Prior to this everything ends regularly. Maybe an addon conflict, but I couldn't find out yesterday and wanted to let you know.

The weather in combination with the accelerated time rate somewhat kills the immersion (and sqs isn't the best performer either). You should think about using Clayman's Dynamic Weather (works like a charm, alters in small increments over time and is lite on performance) script or Ruebe's Weather Module (the most sophisticated real weather engine around). And I would like an option to play in real time ... :)

I am working on a vanilla version of CRD3 ;)

BTW: ACE should work fine

Yea, very good news. 5player coop sounds fine, with ACE(2) even more ;) Big Thx for your effort. this all sounds even better than dayz ;)

There seems to be a bug, where if you die the mission loops endlessly in script errors (rpt gets flooded ...) and doesn't end. I can't abort nor "-endmission", have to kill the Arma task in taskmanager. This only happens after my first talk with Ondrej. Prior to this everything ends regularly. Maybe an addon conflict, but I couldn't find out yesterday and wanted to let you know.

I just tested with vanilla/beta build 97448 and is still happening. And it happens even before talking to Ondrej. Died from the ladder of Ondrej's house, the big one across the road, and got stuck. So it is practically unplayable at the moment.