Sign in to follow this  
Sled88

Conspiracies Rising Dead 3

Conspiracies Rising Dead 3 is the official sequel to Rising Dead 1 and 2. Because we have not exact intro made for CRD3, I maybe have to explain what the player is about to do in this game. Your mission is to destroy the Powerplant of Chernobyl at all costs. The so called "Free-Roaming" mode is, to say it short, a huge mission where you decide what you do, how you do and when you do your next steps. You can do what you want, as long as you succeed your mission. You can accept additional missions, which were maybe not that neccessary to succeed, but which will maybe bring you closer or easier to your mission-target. Remember that not all creatures or people were hostile to you in the zone...

Special thanks to Old Bear for his time and work on the island.

kflyqtlk.jpg

65dlqf5g.jpg

yh8dhbvk.jpg

l6sdpa45.jpg

p46wiwgt.jpg

VERSION 1.0

- new island with exact rebuild of chernobyl (not finished)

- 19 missions in an open-world

- Sleeping-Module 1.0 (no animations so far)

- Jumping-Module by Arigato

- Bash-Module

- Weather-Module 1.0 (selfmade simple weatherchanging script)

- Accelrated Day/Night change

- Weight-Watcher/Tireness by R3F

- great atmosphere

- featuring real existing places like DUGA-3, NPP, Prypiat ect...

- several known and new enemies like glowing zombies or PSI-zombies

- PSI-Radiation

- Anomalies

- a living world (also zombies and cleaners can die through independent fights or anomalies)

- Intro & Outro

- Coop-playable up to 5 player (additional download)

PLANS for upcoming versions:

- Updating the FREE-ROAMING mode

-> add missions

-> add further scripts

-> bugfixing

-> add more different enemies

- Add several small storydriven campaigns

- Add MP-modes

Conspiracies Rising Dead 3 Version 1.0:

[armaholic.com]

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17753

Conspiracies Rising Dead 3 COOP Version 1.0

http://www.file-upload.net/download-6660553/CRD3COOP.rar.html

Conspiracies Rising Dead 3 Manual

Manual.rtf

www.workupload.com/file/2cTJLtn

Edited by Sled88

Nice, the map looks great, has at real Pripyat/Chernobyl look to it, all it needs the the ferris wheel :P

im getting a stalker feel by the look of those units, are they GSC's models?

I like your work, i have only 1 suggestion dont make only one very big mission with many sectors and task in it.

Make normal campaign with few missions.

Yep they are GSC ones from Icewindo. Well I planned some short campaigns and one open world campaign/mission like in CRD2. Also this should be fully MP compitable. Also a kinde warfare MP style mission is planned.

Sled88,

I just found out from Old Bear himself about his involvement in this project.

I was finally able to get your STALKER mod working well, but I was disappointed to discover how poorly the AI utilize the "enterable" structures on the great looking Namalsk island. With the amazing marriage of GL4+SLX AI mods that ChrisB highly recommended to me, I tried really hard to get the AI to operate smartly on Namalsk, but sadly they won't.

They'll only head towards, enter, occupy, and patrol buildings if they're default BI ones, and since they're in the minority on that island, the AI tend to just stand there (unless a default BI building is fairly close by, all they'll do is just pretty much stand where they were spawned).

I've used pieces of your mod (for example, the great modules, and moaning zombies) on Ovaron island, but even with the "Winter" blue filter effect on, Ovaron just doesn't approach the genius level of creepiness that the visually perfect Namalsk has.

I can't remember who exactly said this, but one ArmA II modder pointed out that the AI don't do well on Namalsk because they don't know that most of the structures that are placed on the map are buildings. And what this implies to me is if the new structures were codified for ArmA II's AI to recognize, then tremendous mod combinations (that are also very easy to use) such as GL4+SLX could work their magic, and players would doubtlessly play with the island for a long time to come in the Editor.

So, needless to say, I wish all of you the best in ensuring that the AI will "know" that most of the structures are buildings, and thus work well with AI-enhancing mods. Also, if it's at all possible, please avoid placing objects with partially opened doors that are "frozen" in a partially opened state that won't permit players to use such a doorway. Namalsk has a number of partially open doors, and quite a few of them are just a tiny bit too small, so that the player/AI can't move through them.

Are you planning on a good number of large underground bases?

Are you planning on incorporating urban-combat-AI-enhancing features from mods such as GL4 and SLX, and/or suppression mods, or...?

Do you think that it's possible to program the zombies and bloodsuckers to attack and "consume" other "Independent" local wildlife, such as dogs, chickens, and boars? It would be nice, and believable, if these ambient creatures were seen as a valid food source, but when given a chance on what to attack to kill, the zombies and bloodsuckers would know how to "weigh" which target to kill first. A bloodsucker will attack a man with a shotgun, well before it would bend over to snack on a fallen chicken.

I'm pleased to hear that you're planning on making this release an "open-sandbox" type. I really enjoy games that don't box players in too tightly, and gives them a lot of latitude in regards to being able to do a wide range of interactions and explorations. These kinds of games are very challenging to create, and I wish you a ton of success on this endeavor!

Well we did not change any AI related stuff. But we will in CRD3. It is possible to make peoples or monsters that have an independent life. I am working on the scripts atm so I can present you some stuff later about that! =) Thank you Kyle_k_ski

As I am a "Namalsk fan" myself, I will say, do not try to compare the upcoming terrain I am building for Sled88's Conspiracies needs to Namalsk.

Namalsk is having a lot of incredible custom structures, underground buildings and so on, on the upcoming "chernobyl island" -in fact a terrain without any water around-, most of the objects and buildings are plain vanilla Arma2 :CO and RFT objects and buildings. On last Alpha build, I have added some buildings from Ensk, with Sarmat Studios authorization (Thanks to Zenger ... ;))

Edited by Old Bear

Sumrak did a nice write up in regards to all of the "behind the scenes" details regarding the creation of objects for Namalsk, and it's an educational read that I'm very grateful for. I've responded to it just below his post that's found here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?96359-Stalker-Units-0-5a&p=2197309&viewfull=1#post2197309

Having never built an island before (boy, does that sound like a god-like to do, or what?), I'm simply not aware of all of the challenges it presents. For example, I read somewhere a long time ago that the engine automatically adds bodies of water to regions that are below the waterline, so I can't imagine what it takes to add an underground base so that it doesn't automatically flood in the game.

My hat's off to you all. I can't wait to try this out. :bounce3:

Creature types...modules...

Having contributed to a number of STALKER mods in the past year or so, I hope that you don't mind me directing some concepts for creatures in your next release. Do with them what you will, of course.

More "Tactical" Zombies

While there's no question that the traditional zombie be present, about a handful of units that are more than the others, but these specialized zombies are more powerful, and present a more tactical challenge to the player and the other AI that encounter them.

I'll start with my most radical concept first...

Brain Scramblers (a.k.a. "Scramblers")

Zombies that are capable of delivering a debilitating psychic attack on other sentient beings. The closer they get, and/or the more focused their attentions are on a target, the more screwed up one's vision and hearing becomes. This would be an especially devastating attack due to the pack-nature of zombies - losing a good deal of one's vision and hearing would be a major threat to the victim of the psychic attack! Its attack is always on, save for when it's "sleeping," and could penetrate through weaker construction materials (so that hiding behind a wall isn't a "for sure" way of finding protection from its debilitating effects). If it gets close enough to its target, the victim even becomes nauseous, emitting loud nearly-vomiting sounds and moans that others can hear. A human target that's so badly effected has but a couple of seconds to try and escape the peak region of its attack, or otherwise lose control of one's firearm!

To balance out this power, the creature could emit a some kind of visible light from its eyes, perhaps with occasional pulses of thin electrical arcs emanating from its head.

Another way to balance it out, is that perhaps their minds are so focused psychically, that they've lost mobility in their legs - most of their time is spent crawling with their hands. Now this is a disadvantage as well as an advantage. They'll have a much harder time getting to their next victim due to having to crawl, but they'll also be harder to see in the tall vegetation. If one of these zombies was in a coma-like state, "sleeping" in some tall weeds, and the player stumbled within range of waking them up - oh boy! That would have to be scary.

Combusters

These zombies are capable of ejecting a flaming projectile from their mouths and/or hands. This effect might not be too hard to make a virtual reality, perhaps create an "invisible" RPG round, replace its rocket sound effects with something that sounds more like a flare or an expanding flamethrower's fiery plume, replace its smoke trail with ones of flame, and...terror! Its accuracy wouldn't be that great, but then it wouldn't have to be...

To balance out its power, the creature could emit a dynamic light that's visibly striking the ground at a distance of 1.5 m. Tongues of flame could emanate from its eyes, and perhaps the crown of its head. If it vomits out its explosive flame attack from its mouth, then its mouth could be constantly be lit with small flames. If it projects the flame attacks from its hands, then those regions would glow quite brightly as well.

Leaders of the Pack

Another tactical layer that could be added to these creatures is that they act as indirect "leaders" to those zombies that follow them in "packs." Perhaps modules could be setup for each type of leader, so that applying these "social" zombies is easier to accomplish in the Editor.

How this would basically work is that regular zombies have dully learned that if they follow the specialized zombies around, they'll get more food. They may even have a rudimentary sort of tactics applied, with regular zombies trying to outflank the target as their "leader" blasts their mind and/or their bodies.

An especially terrifying and deadly combination would be of a group that's "co-lead" by a Scorcher and a Combuster. The Scorcher would seriously foul up the target's ability to perceive reality, while the Combuster would be trying to set the target aflame.

To make the situation even more stressful, zombies in other groups will respond to the explosive impacts of the Combuster's attack and/or the loud noises the target produces if he's in pain from the Scorcher's psychic attack. If they're close enough to hear the racket, they're going to investigate the noisy region to see if there's a snack waiting for them!

They Like "Naps"

Not every zombie has to be walking, crawling, or hopping about. They can also be in a mild catatonic trance - wherein their bodies are trying to conserve energy. They'll look perfectly dead from a distance, but that's only if they can be seen. If they're "napping" in a field of thick and tall field grass, then they're "undead-mines" waiting to explode. Their wake-up range may be randomized from 2 m. - 6 m. Load noises may awake them far earlier, of course.

Men of Steel

Some zombies seem unusually tough. If they don't take any critical head hits, they'll fall down "dead" once a normal amount of damage is taken to the body. But there's a chance that their lust for flesh is so strong that they'll regain enough strength to regain mobility and consciousness. The recovery time could be randomized from 6 seconds to as long as several minutes. Once this randomized allotment of time has expired, they'll get back to their feet to try and kill again. The amount of time that this type of zombie "acts dead" should be long enough so that the player doesn't want to stick around to see whether it's going to get up again.

Module Ideas

If it's at all possible, please supply easy to use modules for the following...

---Camp fires being lit at certain times of the day.

---Groups of stationary AI will setup 1/6 their number to act as sentries for their campsite

---Conserve Ammo Against Zombies, as the normal AI will quickly shoot through most, if not all of the ammo that they're carrying when they first see zombies. Make the AI shoot at the zombies smartly, so that if they're far away, they'll use single fire, instead of burst and/or full auto.

---domestic animals are FOOD to others

I've got more ideas as well, but I'm so tired right now, I can't proceed on any further. My eyes are crossing.

I hope that you find these concepts to be interesting, fun and worth doing. :D

Definatly interesting, no question. And maybe not that difficult to manage. Thank you for your mastermind^^

Sweet! Happy to hear that, and happy to help! :bounce3:

I'm going to be REAL busy for the next several days. I'll post my other ideas then.

Yours!

---------- Post added at 12:18 ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 ----------

Specialized zombies - capabilities...

One of the things I was too tired to go into detail with last night are more specifics in regards to how these powers operate, and perhaps how they could be scripted.

Maturity=Greater Power

The older a specialized zombie is, the greater its capabilities. For example, a regular Combuster's breath/hands attack produces a combusted and fiery effect - it would be nice to ensure that this attack would have a pretty high probability in starting terrain and structural fires in mods such as GL 4. Imagine being a player, trying to take shelter in the back end of a structure, when a Comuster vomits its attack into the first portion of the building, and then the building itself starts burning! The effect would be pretty terrible as well to see grass and trees alight wherever this attack lands.

An Elder Combuster's attack would also be explosive, as in an anti-personnel RPG type effect. The combustible-radius could also be larger than that generated by a regular Combuster, and its attacks may also be more rapid.

An Elder Combuster would also be tougher. It might take two full magazines' worth of ammo to take out a younger Combuster, but upwards of 4 -5 magazines' worth of rounds to finally drop an Elder.

Regardless of age, Combusters are IMMUNE to damage from their own attacks, and also from burning terrain/structures. Their posse-zombie-followers (those that stick with a specialized-zombie due to getting more food) will be smart enough to avoid burning terrain. Regular zombies, who are not followers, haven't yet figured out the significance of fire - if they're drawn to an area that's being torched up by a Combuster, they'll walk through the flames and thus be damaged from them. Again, posse-followers of specialized-zombies are wise enough to know the significance of the mayhem they create.

Ragers

Some specialized-zombies become highly unstable with great age. These are very rare, but their extreme range of powers, and rapidity of attacks is offset by their desire to destroy EVERYTHING, including their own. In a sense, they are HIGHLY territorial, and will even destroy zombies who are trying to become the lunatic's followers.

There's more, of course (manly about setting up and supplying modules for helping to seed buildings that AI have difficulty occupying for urban warfare), but I wanted to get these details down before I'm thoroughly drowning in Real Life work.

See you again in a few days' time! :)

I was pretty torn trying to decide how best to approach my "magnum opus" on my enhanced-zombies pitch. There are SO many active threads on zombie-type mods that it didn't seem right for me to post my proposals in each one of them, and the work load seems potentially sizable to me, so I thought that perhaps the best approach was to do my writeup in the ArmA 2 Addon Request Thread.

This way, a lot of potential mesh/texture makers and programmers could see my proposals, and if they then so desire, contribute towards the whole to be shared with others.

I've renamed and re-described most of what I wrote here earlier, giving them (hopefully) cooler sounding names, and more clearly written descriptors. The only zombie-type not described in said post are the "sleeper" units, the zombies who look completely dead, but then come to life when one gets close enough.

In the following post, I propose seven different enhanced-zombie types. along with modified screenshots of what they could potentially look like. I've even posted some original drawings of mine near the top. Feel free to let me know what you think of them, and whether or not you plan on incorporating them into your endeavor. I hope that you like them and find them useful! :)

The Enhanced-Zombies post can be found here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?74039-Arma-2-Addon-request-thread&p=2202040&viewfull=1#post2202040

Ok here some new screenshots from the chernobyl zone. Thanks again to old bear for working on the map.

uj2afm3o.jpg

vz7jilou.jpg

ttoh9vub.jpg

Also I can say we will have one Open World campaign like in CRD1 and 2, so the main campaign. But we will also offer 5 short campaigns we you will play some different persons like military, scientists, civil ect... We are also planning the possibility to play 24H online if a server who would host it has been found. But its still a long way on that project.

EDIT: a small flyby trailer:

Edited by Sled88

Wow: looks like lots of time has gone into studying Google satellite images of Pripyat, and it's awesome! :cool: I look forward to more.

Oooh, very nice. I look forward to paroling "The Zone". ;)

Well Old Bear really tries to create an exact rebuild of the zone via satellite map. Got some further pic for you, but very WIP atm.:

ttbda7a2.jpg

kffoiea5.jpg

3hqk3vkf.jpg

t6bl7if6.jpg

I take it that this is going to be a 10x10+ map?

Very nice, I figured it was something around there but didn't want to get my hopes up. The area around the NPP is huge.

Only some of the upcoming enemies of CRD3. Bloodsuckers, zombies and dogs should be known from the stalker-mod. But we want to add some more... =)

ney56ctv.jpg

2937jaex.jpg

h2yxg4qs.jpg

c8r7z9sl.jpg

A SPLENDID update! Thank you for sharing these behind the scenes sneak peeks!

The map is looking fantastic. Can't imagine how creepy it's going to be, crossing all of that territory with all of the creatures around.

I like the "open world" sandbox design that you described above. I love STALKER, but one of its design features that I can't stand is how one exits one sector, to walk into a new one with monsters and/or enemies RIGHT ON TOP OF YOU. And that's due to the very limited nature of the mapping system that it uses. In a TRUE open world, such absurd things would never occur, and rightfully so.

If you would like me to read through your dialogue to proofread its English translation, let me know. My schedule is going to be VERY heavy this year, so please, the more advanced the notice you give me on this, the better. PM if you'd like me to make sure that the English translation is as polished as can be.

YOURS!

Have to second everything Kyle_K_ski has said above.

Yes, I'll even clean up your English text if Kyle_K_ski is too busy. :)

Looking real nice, love the series and am looking forward to this.

If you need any testers let me know.