Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 95310 (1.62 MP build)

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

mirror: http://www.gamefront.com/files/22033895/ARMA2_OA_Build_95310.zip

[95309] Changed: MP: Dayz servers are now visible if and only if the Dayz mod is active.

[95308] Improved: MP: Custom game types no longer displayed as Unknown in the server browser.

[95307] Changed: Default matchmaking filter now shows only servers with ping < 100.

[95285] Fixed: Possible crashes after closing the game in MP (Alt+F4)

* notice this is first beta for 1.63 branch, but to keep MP compatibility with 1.62 we have it this way

this should solve some or most problems with server listing

BattlEye support status: ... SUPPORTED ...

Edited by Dwarden

You made my day... i was tired filtering non-dayz servers today, thnx for awesome update.

I can still see all DayZ servers in MP browser even with this beta. Or do I need to click something?

Get off work see new beta patch, so i install it and then I read the forums "BattlEye support status: ... pending ..." NOOOO! ohh well haha, learn my lesson eh?

I can still see all DayZ servers in MP browser even with this beta. Or do I need to click something?

Me too, I checked game version ingame and it is 95310 indeed.

Anyone?

:)

Me too, I checked game version ingame and it is 95310 indeed.

Anyone?

:)

I assume you do not have Dayz mod installed and enabled?

I had a "Battleye: Unknown game version" error when connecting to DayZ servers. I was on Beta 95208. I first did the Battleye .dll fix and when that didnt work, I installed the latest Beta, 95310. Still getting same error. I now understand that Battleye is not supporting 95310. Is there any way to revert to the previous patch, or fix this in another way?

I do have DAYZ but not enabled in arma 2 launcher

Same. Have its folder but do not load it with the launcher.

Just wait until Dayz servers update to this build as well. It needs to be on both sides.

Thanks for the update guys! I'm really loving the daily updates.

How long before Battleye is supported?

Edit: Nevermind. I think the issues are fixed.

BE supported now

According to the ArmA 2 launcher I'm using, some DayZ servers have their gametype marked as DayZ now. Is this custom or part of this beta?

Regardless, this is a great initiative from BI. Pity it wasn't included in the initial release of 1.62. Still, this is good news. :)

EDIT: I assume when a 3rd party launcher receives server information for its server browser/list, DayZ servers will still be displayed? Nothing is blocked outside the OA application. Hiding DayZ servers from server list is only something that would be activated by arma2oa.exe if it's not loaded with the DayZ mod, correct?

Edited by colossus

The filtering of Dayz works only with both servers and clients updated to 95310.

It probably should be easier for 3rd party launchers to filter it in similar manner from this build as well.

Does one need the actual 1.62 patch in order to use this beta?

So why didn't you simply add an "exclude" command to the server filters has often been suggested?

Wouldn't that have been simpler? Then it wouldn't requires having to wait until the server operators decide whether or not to install the latest patch as well as allowing the filtering of any other type of server.

So why didn't you simply add an "exclude" command to the server filters has often been suggested?

There are technical reasons: the way it is done now the Dayz servers will never be seen (and their info requested) by the non-Dayz users (and the other way around), which is important to reduce the matchmaking server load. As the Dayz servers are more centralized then normal Arma servers (they need to be registered with Dayz developers before connecting to the central hive) we are confident it will not take long before the Dayz server admins will complete the transition.

---------- Post added at 21:30 ---------- Previous post was at 21:14 ----------

Moreover, there is one more thing which will press Dayz server admins to upgrade: if they do not upgrade, they will soon be without players, as players with recent betas will not see their servers at all.

One can dream that someday we will see a filter option based on mods you have loaded (if any) that will show you only servers you can play at that have your current mod setup (if any)

One can dream that someday we will see a filter option based on mods you have loaded (if any) that will show you only servers you can play at that have your current mod setup (if any)

Like SixUpdater does already, but ingame.

The update basiclly broke the game. Allot of crashes.

Dayz have and are ruining the Arma Community, the game isnt made for shooting zombies. Its a military simulator.

The Update:

- The game freezes up upon startup aswell as when you hit "Multiplayer"

- When hitting "Refresh" is freezes.

- You cant see the servers.

- The update causes desync on the servers.

The real Arma community will be standing still until this is solved.

Unfortunately $>sense.

I still don't understand why they released ANYTHING without having the linux distro ready. There was no rush for it, nothing was actually "broken" before.

Unfortunately $>sense.

I still don't understand why they released ANYTHING without having the linux distro ready. There was no rush for it, nothing was actually "broken" before.

That's a good question but you're seriously wrong if you believe than "nothing was broken before".

Do know know what the CIT is? Have you ever read it or even contributed to it?

So d'you think 2000+ bugs reported bugs supports "nothing was broken before"?

Unfortunately $>sense.

is there a possibility, for the next patch, to solve the problem for arma 2 co of seeing the usermade campaigns twice in the menu?

it's not really a big problem, but it's annoying...

thanks