Sign in to follow this  
tvig0r0us

Urban Conquest by tvig0r0us

A Fallujah pack would be would be great! I was wondering also if you could add an ammo crate for each side? More than a few times I've wanted to pick up some other items, packs, etc. Still one of the best set of maps I've played in a while.

I've been slowly pecking away at the Arma 2 version of UC as I tinker with the A3 version. This is basically everything that I've done in A3 made to work with full assets in Arma 2. In it's current state I think playing this in A2 is more fun tbh, that's subject to change when we see a more complete version of A3, but here is a nice little release candidate with a few map layouts. I have a pretty good time kicking around in these. If there are any errors in a specific layout with regards to the default parameters you may have to get in there and make adjustments. I just copy pasted some stuff so I could have some additional maps to upload. Lemme know how they do for you :)

v1.06 Changes:

- added persistent squads

- added each zone to task list

- added zone names

- added irregular marker size and shape

- removed depreciated CP size parameter

- changed scoring to directly emulate BF2 conquest style scoring

- fixed too much stuff to keep track of

Media fire link here >> http://www.mediafire.com/?pxi9rk55o1vk8xb

Cheers :D

but where i put the file, in sp or mp folder?

It is a multiplayer mission so MP. But you can play it yourself with just the AI. That is the beauty of this mission. Works well with 1 or 10 or more players!!

Hi all. Just wanted to post a quick update. After much consideration regarding bases and spawning occurring only at bases, I've come up with a solution that I could integrate right into the existing framework. I'm currently in testing and finalizing the implementation of base zones that will serve as the only possible spawn points in the game. I've come up with a way to make several key zones that can also become spawn points when controlled by your team. These can serve as areas to bring important assets into the game as well, such as certain points for helicopters and planes.

This whole concept was proposed by forum members, but I didn't want to do it willy-nilly. This is going to integrate seamlessly into the same Urban Conquest gameplay that many of you have come to enjoy so don't worry, the mechanics and general feel of the missions will not change at all. You will be able to select whether or not to use the bases in the params so you can have the best of both worlds in each and every mission.

As the full implementation comes to a head I'll post a test mission or two for you to try to break it before I release a full version of the new code.

I take it that this is NOT meant for SP players.............................or is it?

If not, what would it take to convert it for SP playing?

It can be completely played single player, but you must load it on a local host through the mp interface. You can play alone and depending on the way you set the params it can be taylored for 3 - way tvt, 2 - way tv or cooperative play. There are alot of params you can use to make the experience your own. Give it a try. If this is the same Kommiekat from the moddb bf2 boards, you'll love this!!

Cheers

Those new base ideas sound great!!

Yes Kommie it is fun even by yourself just remember to load it up in MP not SP.

If this is the same Kommiekat from the moddb bf2 boards, you'll love this!!

Cheers

Wait, WHAT! Theirs another MOI out there!?!? I'll.....I'll delete him from the web!;)

Those new base ideas sound great!!

Yes Kommie it is fun even by yourself just remember to load it up in MP not SP.

Thanks Guys!

This is going to integrate seamlessly into the same Urban Conquest gameplay that many of you have come to enjoy so don't worry, the mechanics and general feel of the missions will not change at all. You will be able to select whether or not to use the bases in the params so you can have the best of both worlds in each and every mission.

And this is the key statement in this change ;)

Here is a 3 mission sample featuring the implementation of the base code. Now, when I say bases, I do not mean I constructed bases on the map or anything to that effect. I have a code implementation that allows me to predetermine select zones that would be considered base zones, in reality they're just spawn points. If you have bases enabled, these will be the only zones on the map that will allow spawns so it's important for your team to maintain control of at least one of these zones. The bases will be the only zones to get defensive squads also so they will be more difficult than ordinary zones to capture. The map layouts in this download are for demonstration purposes only as the new system requires a bit of tweaking and I will probably have to create some layouts specifically for base layouts, but this will give you a good idea of how it works. Of course you can change this in the parameters and customize it to suit the experience you want.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated as this addition is by community request so of course I'd like to hear what you think of the implementation. Thanks

Download Urban Conquest v1.06 RC2

Hey TVig any of these able to play with vanilla Arma 2 free? looking to have some missions for ArmA 2 free.

Hey TVig any of these able to play with vanilla Arma 2 free? looking to have some missions for ArmA 2 free.

I tried to make a couple of a2 layouts, but there seem to be commands in the code that are not found in a2. The answer is unfortunately no. I really would have liked to have a2 free compatibility too.

Hi all. I figured I'd get this thread out and dust it off to share a new version of the mission. In the same vein as the original Urban Conquest but with all the new goodies of Total Conquest for A3, here is a total map version on Takistan, but the twist is the point layout is random so each time the mission loads it is different. This mission also has a ton of optimizations and fixes from my work in the A3 version and 8 months of just tinkering around with it. It should run well on default settings, but if you have frame rate issues you might need to tone down the numbers in the params. I hope you all enjoy it!!

Download Total Conquest DynTakistan for A2OA here!

(alt-tab)

it's nice to play this on OA, I try it now without mods, I want to know the original gameplay.

good... vehicle AI have individual move, 'cos timing is important on conquest, now I'm gonna see the rest

(alt-tab)