Sign in to follow this  
tvig0r0us

Urban Conquest by tvig0r0us

Hi, Thanks for the Mission.

Its possible the KI is only in my captered Zone and protect, the KI NO go for to capture a new Zone. New Zones capture only human Player.

Per Parameter ?

If I understand this correctly, you do not want advancing ai? It is possible of course, but I'll have to see how much code I have to modify to make it happen. If it's not too bad I'll work it in there.

Cheers :D

Yes, you understund right. Have 2 teams, Human Player, red and blue, iam blue, when i go for capture a red zone its good when ca. 5 KI protect this zone. My Team kill this KI soldiers and go

in this zone, the zone twill blue and now spawn 5 KI soldiers ( blue ) for protect this zone. And for the red team the same.

Mhhhh, my bad englisch, i hope you understand.

Thanks for your work.

Forgot to subscribe to this thread... will try and check out the latest version this weekend.

And yeah +1 to the wife hating tvig0r0us :p

Yes, you understund right. Have 2 teams, Human Player, red and blue, iam blue, when i go for capture a red zone its good when ca. 5 KI protect this zone. My Team kill this KI soldiers and go

in this zone, the zone twill blue and now spawn 5 KI soldiers ( blue ) for protect this zone. And for the red team the same.

Mhhhh, my bad englisch, i hope you understand.

Thanks for your work.

Cool.. was hoping I caught what you were saying there. What I have done is made it an option in the assault force size to either make a side disabled, human only (by your request) or select the size of the assaulting forces. In selecting human only please remember that you will want to disable auto manning vehicles as I chose not to tie these two values together, thus making it possible to have vehicular warfare with no "real" infantry forces other than those that were ejected from damaged or destroyed vehicles. If you leave auto man vehicles active the mission will still generate vehicle crews and they will assault target zones even if you set the side to human only. Another thing to remember when setting up your parameters is that the vehicle crews count against the total assaulting force size even though the limit is not observed when creating a vehicle crew, this prevent vehicles from being spawned in far away zones and just sitting there unused. I hope this helps round out your experience. Since these options are available for all sides it is now possible to create a pure pvp experience with ai sitting in purely for zone defenses. The downside is that you can not build your own squads with ai combatants as the pool of recruits comes directly from the assaulting forces or vehicle crews, but that's the tradeoff :P

Forgot to subscribe to this thread... will try and check out the latest version this weekend.

And yeah +1 to the wife hating tvig0r0us :p

If it makes you guys feel any better, your wives would have killed me by now... or maybe that's the point XD

Edited by tvig0r0us

Well if you asked her honestly she would probably thank you for keeping me out of her hair :o

OK.. I'm gonna try this one more time. Here's an update to the South Airfield test version.

This version contains the following:

- Added: option to run human only assaulting forces selectable for each side... see previous post for more details

- Fixed: major bug when running on dedicated server involving black out screen when any player died

- Tweaked: group cleaning to minimize spawning errors

Hopefully this is the last before I go through all the ports which will be a job in itself.

Download Urban Conquest v1.05 South Airfield rc3 here >>> http://www.mediafire.com/?smtoe4skov7v0ov

Thanks I'll give it a go.

The previous version there was a single ACR crate on the map which means ACR is required to play... not sure if this was your intention or not.

Also if I wanted to make a coop version for testing would I just remove the OPFOR and IND units would that cause any issues?

Hmmmm.. that is odd.. Was created with only assets from OA/BAF/PMC with whatever light version of ACR was included therin. I may remove the caches until I can trace down the culprit. This may have been affected when I installed ACR without my knowlege. Thanks for the heads up.

Hmmmm.. that is odd.. Was created with only assets from OA/BAF/PMC with whatever light version of ACR was included therin. I may remove the caches until I can trace down the culprit. This may have been affected when I installed ACR without my knowlege. Thanks for the heads up.

Yeah I have ACR lite installed too.. the only reason I noticed is because I loaded the mission onto my server which does not have ACR lite installed. I tracked it down to a single crate with the Local weapons cache.

Having a blast with the latest version. Guess I lucked out with the ACR issue as I had just installed ACR lite on my server a few minutes before getting the notice you had uploaded a new version. Been having a lot of fun with friends, and even solo running it with ASR_AI, tpwcas, and some of the ShackTac mods (stmovement,stbunnyhop,sthud,stmapautobrightness) on veteran/masterful AI settings and default mission parameters. Having some amazing firefights, and learning real quick what constitutes cover when a jet or hind catches wind of your location. Not feeling brave enough yet to add in ACE, maybe soon. Really loving this and looking forward to see how it plays on other maps. Might even crack open the pbo myself and start tinkering. :)

I'd love to hear from others some of the parameter settings they've used to produce interesting and fun conflicts. I've yet to use it.. but seeing the UN forces in the Independent selection put a smile on my face and made me contemplate possible scenarios.

Thank you verry much :), will test with my Team-mates on the Weekend :)

Edit : smal Test, i think :):):):)

Edited by josche

Thank you for sticking with me through my trials and tribulations during the creation of this mission. Your support keeps me rolling! The suggestion to set human only assaulting forces has given birth to an entirely new strategic level of pvp play for this mission. Here are my thoughts on how it goes.

I've changed the recruiting settings since the last upload to allow for recruiting zone defenders, that way even a human only team can recruit ai defenders from within the zones they control to move in for assault with them under their command. Once this is done, the ai will move on their own if you leave the group or die making it possible for human players to form and dictate the number and size of assaulting groups for their team. Now here's the cool part. If you set this up as a human only pvp match with other players on opposing teams it becomes a strategic chess match where when each zone is seized it will produce the amount of defenders specified in the params. These troops can then be recurited and used to assault the next zone, but you must keep in mind that once you use all the defenders from a given zone you will loose control of it once everyone leaves the zone. Not to worry though, you can just move back in to retake the zone, thus spawning new defenders inside the zone. Through this system, players can advance on each others' territories whilst trying to balance defensive forces with assaulting forces in order to eventually dominate the entire map. Furthermore, in a 3 way competition, the first side to loose control of all of his zones will be automatically placed on the remaining team with the fewest zones, therefore making it a bit more difficult for the team with the upper hand to close out the game. All of this can also be simulated in a cooperative match by creating one human side for you and your teammates and setting up small assaulting forces for the ai teams.

I've already played it out a few times and it's amazing the amount of depth the mission has taken when the params are configured the right way. Funny thing to me is when I first started making this mission I meant only for it to be like a BF2 style conquest type mission, but with the great suggestions of the people in this thread it has turned into so much more. Thanks so much for all the great input... I know I've not always been receptive to it, but hey.... I'm only human!

Anyhow, the long and short of this post is that now I'm tinkering and tweaking again so it's going to be a bit until a full release happens again, but as I like to do, I'll keep posting working versions as development progresses.

TvigOrOus,

Thank you for this great mission, especially for the changes you made following josche's request. We played the final version vanilla for a few hours and didn't experience any bugs. Next thing we are planning to do is play it with addons, possibly with CoWarMod. I'd like to suggest something, if I may: You identify human players on the map by their designation in the multiplayer setup, like 1-1-A. Could you show the player names instead?

TvigOrOus,

Thank you for this great mission, especially for the changes you made following josche's request. We played the final version vanilla for a few hours and didn't experience any bugs. Next thing we are planning to do is play it with addons, possibly with CoWarMod. I'd like to suggest something, if I may: You identify human players on the map by their designation in the multiplayer setup, like 1-1-A. Could you show the player names instead?

You're very welcome. I'll post a version with the above described change soon. In regards to the map naming, I'll see what I can do. I need to take a refresher in string parsing.

edit- Well OK, that was much easier than I thought, considering I just found the name function right in the command list. Consider player names done!! I've actually been wanting to do that since day one but never noticed the name function and didn't make string parsing a priority of mine. Glad you suggested it :)

Edited by tvig0r0us

Morning tvig0r0us, you had your headset muted for most of the night, so wasn't sure how much you heard of us playing. Anyway, we had fun last night. Mission seemed stable, FPS wasn't fantastic but we did have Civvies on plus used a very small map and stupidly kept in 2 planes each faction. So there were bombs and all sorts being dropped destroying the place :) utter chaos but great fun.

You have lots of parameters to change, so it's very easy for us to tweak and balance exactly how we want the game to play played. Good work!

With this Parameters to change, Perfekt :yay:

Thank you for your working :)

At long last I've posted the official release of v1.05. I was obviously a bit sidetracked by the A3 alpha, but I never stopped getting this together. So at long last, the OP has been updated with new information and a link to the mediafire download of v1.05. This download includes the vanilla map versions of Urban Conquest featuring 10 mission locations spanning Utes, Chernarus, Takistan, Shapur and Zargabad. I hope you will enjoy the new missions as it was a long time coming getting them to their current state. As always, please report any bugs so I can try to fix them :)

Here's the link >>>>> http://www.mediafire.com/?rz23odffnho0e6c

Cheers :)

Sweet! Been playing with the A3 version today and having a blast, had to admit I was a bit worried the A2 version might not get as much loving... Glad to see I was worried about nothing. :) Off to put these through their paces on my server. :)

Per user request I have updated the missions to display coherent class names in the respawn screen and made it optional to disable zone defenses. When zone defense is disabled you no longer will need to keep units in the zone to maintain control of it. The zones will remain under the control of the side that was last to occupy them. I have created several new locations and will be porting the missions over to user maps over the next couple of weeks. When they're all ready I will update. Thanks.

Really enjoying these maps! I was wondering if your planning on releasing a couple of i44 versions?

I actually have a couple of I44 versions, but the ai handle the maps really bad. There are so many dividing areas on the maps that it makes it difficult for the ai to navigate the maps. I'll post them in the next release, but don't expect the same level of quality from the gameplay as some of the other maps.

Per user request I have updated the missions to display coherent class names in the respawn screen and made it optional to disable zone defenses. When zone defense is disabled you no longer will need to keep units in the zone to maintain control of it. The zones will remain under the control of the side that was last to occupy them. I have created several new locations and will be porting the missions over to user maps over the next couple of weeks. When they're all ready I will update. Thanks.

Does this mean the Lingor ones?!! :)

Does this mean the Lingor ones?!! :)

You bet! Lingor, Tarin Kot (sic), Quesh Kibrul, Fallujah, CLAfghan... truth is, I could make smaller map layouts all day long. There's almost nowhere you can't set up a mission with this. I'm really not too sure how many I'm going to wind up with, but it's alot!! I'm probably going to make mission packs for it with maybe 10 missions a piece. Sound good?

Sounds great. Agreed that you can make all sorts of layouts. I have been tempted to do this in the Arma3 version but haven't gotten around to it yet.