Sign in to follow this  
tvig0r0us

Urban Conquest by tvig0r0us

One thing I would really like to see is some type of weapon type selection. I hate having to use an LMG. I know I should probably get used to it but the game is more fun to me if I can go in using the weapon I like. Any chance of that happening?

The mission is meant to make you use weapons that you might not always be comfortable with. That's part of the challenge. You have to react to the situation you're in with the weapons at your disposal.

Please read my previous post... I directly address this very issue.

Thanks for playing though.

Cheers:D

Great and thanks for keeping this updated!! Love this style of mission!

Great mission! this is pretty much the only mission i play in arma, its really fun and simple.

i have 2 requests and 1 bug report though.

1. can you make a option that makes it so you can change the faction of vehicles spawned by the teams. reason why: in zargabad and a few other maps i want to have a US vs Russia battle however it happens where the russian team gets takistani vehicles rather than russian vehicles.

2. Yes i know this has been suggested before a lot but there should be class selection and before you start typing in rage this is how i think it would work and i think you will like this. when you select a class you will still be randomly selected with a guy but he will be within the class type. for example: if you select rifleman you can end up with grenadiers, team/squad leaders, or even just plain riflemen. also if you select spec ops you can end up with any of the special forces guy so if you are playing as russia you can end up with any one of the spetsnaz guys. so its still random but you can still get something you may want.

3. this is the bug report. vehicles re-heal when you enter them, you can emergency land a helicopter get out and get back in and its back up to full heath, this happens with every vehicle.

before i end i just want to say that can you try and make it so at night time you don't get guns with sights that are not night vision compatible.

sorry if this bothers you, my 2nd request is asking a little much and if i were you i wouldn't really try to do it. great mod and thanks for (hopefully) reading this

Sorry.. everything that happens in urban conquest is by design.

Here's a little movie to ease your minds:)

ok thanks for replying so soon but can you at least add different vehicle spawning (hate facing a M1A2 tusk with a t-34 its extremely unbalanced) and if not can you please remove vehicle healing because it get really stupid and annoying and unbalanced to the AI. one time a tank was shooting at my helicopter before i was able to take off and i was able to constantly get in and out until someone destroyed the tank (helicopter took 48 hits... i was counting) and perhaps in order to re-heal your vehicle you can go to one of your controlled zones vehicle spawns.

by the way, great mission very fast and crazy fun which is rare in ArmA 2! and i must say the improved AI in this mission should be the default AI in the regular game. they take cover, peek around corners, and crouch! i was very impressed when i got to the front lines to see 10 of my allies all crouched behind cover popping out every once and awhile and effectively taking out the Enemy while still being protected hiding behind a pipeline.

if you reject my 2 ideas again i wont bother you anymore the whole reason why i made this second post is so i can really show you how much of a annoying problem those 2 things are. because it really gets me annoyed when im playing as the Russians and the game is only giving me t-34 and t-55 tanks. even when it gives me the rare t-72 it still has non Russian markings on it and im getting all these crap tanks where as the americans are rolling over my troops with M1A1 tanks that the T-72 cant even look at without spontaneously combusting into flames.

Hello all. I don't know what kind of interest there is in this, but I wanted to post a little update. After quite a long vacation from the game I've been slowly pounding out a 1.05 update for Urban Conquest. I found a couple of things causing issues that needed fixed and some adjustments in the code was necessary to make things operate a bit more smoothly. Not to sound like a douche, but I'm really not interested if you don't like something in these missions, I made them to my liking, so if you don't like this or that, you must not like the missions. I'm posting here for the people that do find them entertaining because I want to share it with them. If you don't like it, it's all good, don't play it, but please don't jump on this thread telling me about all of the things you'd do differently, or what you would like to see change. Thanks.

I'll be keeping my server up almost full time for those that would like to check out the progress of the missions. If you find the server is down, it is likely because I'm doing a quick updated so it should be right back up. All of the missions hosted in the rotation will play in vanilla OA 1.62. I am not running the beta or any mods on the server so I can get an accurate assessment of the mission's performance. Hope to see some of you there.

My server is called: Urban Conquest 24/7

See you on the battlefield:)

Please read the op for instructions on how to customize the missions. Once you depbo them it is very simple to change the units that appear in the mission. About the vehicles. The pairing to the factions in play causes even more severe ballancing issues than the ones you're noticing since some factions are limited. If you don't like them repairing, you don't have to keep getting in like that. Issuing a complaint about that is similar to hitting yourself in the head with a hammer and then complaining to the guy that made the hammer. Just don't do it. I'm revising a few things right now and I'm considering allowing the player to switch to a soldier that is already in play similar to the recruiting. We'll see. I'm glad you are enjoying the pace of the action.

I must say its a great Mission pack with lots off action and fun, and it got a lot off parameters that you can change to make it even more fun and amazing. I only tried the zagrabad mission but like it a lot. only need to take a look at it in the editor and try to port them over to other maps, Great job!

I must say its a great Mission pack with lots off action and fun, and it got a lot off parameters that you can change to make it even more fun and amazing. I only tried the zagrabad mission but like it a lot. only need to take a look at it in the editor and try to port them over to other maps, Great job!

Thanks. I'm really happy to hear you are enjoying the missions. I got a system worked out to allow the player to jump to another soldier so if you don't like the "class" of soldier you are then you can switch to any soldier you can see within 1km of your position. It works just like the recruiting feature. I also decided to place ammo caches around the AO so if you don't like your weapon you can move to an ammo cache and grab a new one. That's all for now. I still have to update the server with the new changes, but I'll likely do that pretty soon.

Cool changes mate ... nice ! Will have to jump on sometime and play with you.

I just downloaded this mission a few days ago. To be honest, I haven't played ARMA2 in a long time, and I just make addons for it...but you got me back into playing the game again, because it's a helluva lot of fun. Thank you so much for your efforts!

Abs

I just downloaded this mission a few days ago. To be honest, I haven't played ARMA2 in a long time, and I just make addons for it...but you got me back into playing the game again, because it's a helluva lot of fun. Thank you so much for your efforts!

Abs

Thanks! I'm really happy to hear you are enjoying it. All I can say is, wait until you see 1.05. I've learned a few things about coding for an optimal response from the ai and added the option to commandeer vehicles along with switching to any ai soldier on your team using the same mechanics as the recruiting feature. I now have plans to reinvent the entire mission for an urban conquest v2 sometime in the near future. Version 1.5 should be wrapped up sometime in the next few weeks and then it's off to v2!

Hi mate, a few of us have been playing the version you were testing. Very good fun when we want a 60min action oriented game. Pure madness at sometimes with all the vehicles smashing things up in such a small space :) Keep up the good work.

Really enjoying these mission :)

Some short footage of me and my mate fooling about on it:

N4NnvTDih1E

Thanks a bunch for posting the vid. I enjoyed watching. I'm still putting the finishing touches on v1.5, but it will be worth the wait!

Cheers :D

Hello all. Just wanted to post this quick update. Despite my resistance to adding unit and spawn selection to Urban Conquest, I figured out a pretty lightweight and easy way to do it without having to code an interface or anything to complicated. It all works through the map using markers for player unit selections and spawn point selection. Here's a video so you can see it in action. I've added quite a bit of functionality to these missions and done it all without any interface additions at all. It's all really simple to use and seamlessly integrates right into the game so there's no everything can be done right in the game without opening windows and taking your eye off of the action. Best of all, it's really lightweight so it can perform well even in a local single player match.

I don't think it will be too much longer before I release this, but I have to go through all of the missions and integrate the new spawning system.

Great stuff but it would be good to have random/random in those selections so it works as you originally designed.

Really looking forward to these changes, thank you!

...will there be a Lingor version?

Really looking forward to these changes, thank you!

...will there be a Lingor version?

2 locations on Lingor so far. I have my eye on a third as well.

@Delta99

Consider it done... ;)

2 locations on Lingor so far. I have my eye on a third as well.

@Delta99

Consider it done... ;)

Excellent :)

Hello all. It's been moving along a little bit slower than I had hoped. I've added so much I keep giving myself new setbacks, but I think I've got it pretty much the way I want it. I'm posting this test version featuring a battle field in the area of the southern airfield in Takistan. Please give it a go and let me know if you find anything that's totally disfunctional. Here's a list of things to expect.

-Added soldier selection and spawnpoint selection

-To pick a random soldier make no selection or pick random. Just click on the dot to make your selection.

-To spawn in a random zone, just click in a zone that does not belong to your side. Otherwise, click in the zone that you wish to spawn in if it is controlled by your side.

-Added option to automatically spawn an initial crew for all vehicles when they come into the game

-Added options to turn on/off the vehicle repair and rearm features when vehicles are entered

-Major changes to the zone mechanics

-Now to maintain control of a zone, a side must maintain some kind of presence there

-You can select a defense team size in the params which will spawn in a zone when it is taken by a side... you cannot recruit defense soldiers

-Now the team with the most zones will gain a score bonus every 10 seconds, the team with the second most zones will gain a smaller bonus in the same interval

-Players can now join other player's squads in a multiplayer game

-Uses the same mechanics as recruiting

-Added ammo caches which are marked on the map

-Added action to commandeer vehicles and relieve command of vehicles

-This simply gives you control of the vehicle crew

-Added recruit, commandeer, dismiss actions while inside of a vehicle

-Tons of other code tweaks and brain strains

Download here Urban Conquest test v1.05 Takistan South Airfield>>> http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?aq0m2cktie3dkas

Provided I'm totally settled on this formula, I'm going to try to get all of the maps updated and ready for a full release. Thanks in advance for giving it a spin.