Sign in to follow this  
tvig0r0us

Urban Conquest by tvig0r0us

TYVM delta, Tv!

I've been playing sp via multiplayer but I have to crank the amount of AI and vehicles way down to make it playable.

Seems to be a bit much @times to have the same machine for host and client, I guess in my minds eye that there would be a performance gain if there were a "true" sp variant. looking forward to the new version.

YVW:)

I understand your logic for a sp version, but I'm not sure if you would experience much of a performance boost since all of the scripts would still be executed just as they are now. I can think of a few places where optimizations could be made in the code that might help, but the net gain may be negotiable. As of right now, I've worked out some optimization issues and a bug that caused problems when the mission was run with Lingor units. Hopefully the changes made to accomodate Lingor Units will also allow the mission to accept any unit anyone might put into the mission. The server is up and running now under the new name "Urban Conquest 24/7". It is running a rotation that contains missions in Fallujah, Quesh Kibrul and CL Afghan so make sure you run those maps if you jump on and want to play through the rotation. If they run reliably for a few days I think I'll remove the logging lines and release v1.03. Thanks for playing.

Cheers:D

Hello all. I am unfortunately getting prepared for a major surgery and can no longer bear to sit at my computer and edit. Fortunately though, I have gotten Urban Conquest to a point that I'm pretty satisfied with so I am releasing v1.03 now while I can still sit at my pc. Hopefully all goes well and I'll be back in action before long, but I want people to be able to enjoy this while I'm away. I have updated the OP with details of the release and a quick mission maker tutorial for Urban Conquest. I hope you all will enjoy it. Big thanks to Delta99 for testing and major input:)

Download Urban Conquest v1.03

Oh Bro!! good luck with all of that!

Thanks for the latest release, ill be sure to test it out :)

Way to go TVig. I will download and test a little bit.

I hope there are no problems with the surgery and that you have a speedy recovery.

---------- Post added at 19:06 ---------- Previous post was at 17:39 ----------

Just tested the Lingor version with Lingor Army for BLUFOR and Lingor Rebels for OPFOR. Have to be real careful with identification because the Lingor Army Officers are wearing hats that make them look almost like Lingor Rebel units if you don't take a good look at them.

Also pretty tough with their weapons as they have pretty basic weapons. I think only the sniper has a scoped weapon and I never spawned as a sniper. I thought I did once but it was actually a spotter so he had a ghillie suit on.

The battle for the last spawn point in Rosalia was epic. Working my way through the jungle south of Rosalia was a blast.

Thanks for the update and good luck with your surgery

Edited by SavageCDN
nvm

Thank you all for the encouragement. This is going to be no small ordeal, but I'm confident I'll come out of it better than I was when I went in. My internet gamer buddies will be in my thoughts while I'm down:)

Hi all. I've discovered that I had not one but 2 errors in my code that I somehow let slip by me when I released 1.03. I can't believe I did that:o I have them fixed and I will be testing just to make sure I don't have anything else lurking in the shadowy code. I will be puloading v1.04 well ahead of schedule obviously. Sorry about that:)

Thanks all for the support. I go for my operation tomorrow and I wanted to be sure I got the FIXED and fully working version of UC out for you all to enjoy.

v1.04 Changes:

- fixed civilian move script to prevent it from bogging down the engine

- fixed air vehicles from degrading when crewed and not in a controlled zone

- fixed player controlled ai markers not changing to mil dot when in a multi player game

- fixed defector marker not displaying when in multiplayer game

- small refinements in ai spawn and civ spawn room selection scripts

Download Urban Conquest v1.04

I'm looking forward to returning to my desk and kicking some ass... until then, enjoy:)

thanks a lot and all the best :)

I've got a server up for a bit this afternoon if anyone wants to join. Search for Delta99 as the server name.

Welcome back and I hope this means things went well.

Im back:) What to do now???

wb :bounce3:

How about (more) ports to community terrains? :)

wb :bounce3:

How about (more) ports to community terrains? :)

Welcome Back!!

+1 - also what about adding a Team Status dialog of sorts so players can join up in groups? Or is that not possible?

Personally, I would really like the ability to choose my loadout, either via a full weapons crate where you spawn each time OR at mission start screen. It seems it never spawns me with the rifles i normally play arma with so this is the only thing i dont care for.

...also seems to spawn me an awful lot at nite time with an improperly scoped weapon that cannot be used at nite!

Edited by BigShot

Personally, I would really like the ability to choose my loadout, either via a full weapons crate where you spawn each time OR at mission start screen. It seems it never spawns me with the rifles i normally play arma with so this is the only thing i dont care for.

...also seems to spawn me an awful lot at nite time with an improperly scoped weapon that cannot be used at nite!

Sorry. Maybe you could unpbo the missions and code them to your liking. Is there anything you do like about it?

Yes, I appreciate the simplicity of it and the fact that it's an instant action scenario...also tend to enjoy the "conquest" type goal.

Besides the weapons selection it would also be nice if there were some sort of onscreen indication of when the enemy area you are fighting for has been captured.

Actually, been making my own missions (and also editing others) for OFP and Arma for about 10 years or so, so trust me when I say that if there was nothing I liked about I wouldnt have bothered posting an idea for it (in fact I already stated that the lack of weapons selection was the ONLY thing i didnt care for which obviously indicated i DID like it).

...what happens with me is that I get tired of tweaking and fixing missions that get broke with some of the patches over the years (with so many missions it becomes a part time job after patch releases) so im pretty much taking a break from mission making for arma2 so it's nice to find a few new missions here and there that I dont have to tweak myself.

I was actually looking for something dynamic to play on Lingor 1.4...so I'll probably end up modifying and then porting over Benny's Warfare again.

I do have one question with regard to "points" that was not completely clear on the initial post.

Are point sizes dynamic or must all subsequent capture points adhere to the same size as the initial one placed?

I get the impression that the latter is correct, however I'm just wondering for the sake of adaptation to other terrain.

My appologies for the delayed response. The point size is actually determined in the params, but is consistent for all points. I suggest changing the point size in the editor to reflect the size that you wish to use as the default so you have a visual reference when you lay out your mission.

Cheers

Hello all. I don't know what kind of interest there is in this, but I wanted to post a little update. After quite a long vacation from the game I've been slowly pounding out a 1.05 update for Urban Conquest. I found a couple of things causing issues that needed fixed and some adjustments in the code was necessary to make things operate a bit more smoothly. Not to sound like a douche, but I'm really not interested if you don't like something in these missions, I made them to my liking, so if you don't like this or that, you must not like the missions. I'm posting here for the people that do find them entertaining because I want to share it with them. If you don't like it, it's all good, don't play it, but please don't jump on this thread telling me about all of the things you'd do differently, or what you would like to see change. Thanks.

I'll be keeping my server up almost full time for those that would like to check out the progress of the missions. If you find the server is down, it is likely because I'm doing a quick updated so it should be right back up. All of the missions hosted in the rotation will play in vanilla OA 1.62. I am not running the beta or any mods on the server so I can get an accurate assessment of the mission's performance. Hope to see some of you there.

My server is called: Urban Conquest 24/7

See you on the battlefield:)

Good to see you back in action TVig. I will try and jump in one of these weeks when I have time.

Hello all. I don't know what kind of interest there is in this, but I wanted to post a little update. After quite a long vacation from the game I've been slowly pounding out a 1.05 update for Urban Conquest. I found a couple of things causing issues that needed fixed and some adjustments in the code was necessary to make things operate a bit more smoothly. Not to sound like a douche, but I'm really not interested if you don't like something in these missions, I made them to my liking, so if you don't like this or that, you must not like the missions. I'm posting here for the people that do find them entertaining because I want to share it with them. If you don't like it, it's all good, don't play it, but please don't jump on this thread telling me about all of the things you'd do differently, or what you would like to see change. Thanks.

I'll be keeping my server up almost full time for those that would like to check out the progress of the missions. If you find the server is down, it is likely because I'm doing a quick updated so it should be right back up. All of the missions hosted in the rotation will play in vanilla OA 1.62. I am not running the beta or any mods on the server so I can get an accurate assessment of the mission's performance. Hope to see some of you there.

My server is called: Urban Conquest 24/7

See you on the battlefield:)

I don't even post here but I downloaded this when you bumped it and I have to say it is exactly the mission I've been looking for since buying arma. I really like to have arma running at above 30fps and be able to play with bots (and sometimes a few friends) in an ongoing mission like this. It's perfect. I can customize the numbers of enemies to my liking and play for hours, completely engaged. Thank you so much for this. A buddy and I love this mission and will continue to play it for a long time.

Edit: One thing I would really like to see is some type of weapon type selection. I hate having to use an LMG. I know I should probably get used to it but the game is more fun to me if I can go in using the weapon I like. Any chance of that happening?

Edited by Silentace07