Sign in to follow this  
Kildar

Weapons Switch

I've recently purchased a copy of Combined Operations, and of course did my obligatory installation of ACE. Having tried it out, I am awed by the sheer size and scope of this modification, but I don't think I will be playing with it by default at this time. That being said, I've found it's weapon switch (the ability to assign a hotkey to a weapon vs. F cycling through twinkie, twinkie, cupcake, primary weapon) quite convenient, and I wonder why a mod like this has not been found its way into a non-ACE addon.

As a beginning computer science student, I suppose I've had an easier time than most making sense of the sqf files in ace_sys_weaponselect.pbo in the Core module, but there's some sort of magic going on with the config.bin and/or CBA that is beyond me at the moment. So here I am asking if a kind soul out there would be willing to take it upon themselves to create/convert such a needed feature for the non-ACE community at large, or perhaps better yet guide me through the process of doing so.

+100500 can someone make standalone addon like weaponSelect

There is, IIRC, exactly such a mod for weapon selection. I am not at my PC so I can't find what it was named but I think I used it few times. More later.

I extracted and recoded the ace_sys_weaponselect.pbo module.

Would not fully recoded.

Required: CBA

(sorry i don't know how attach file here)

-

p.s. Sorry, I did not ask for permission, therefore I've removed the download for now, until sorted

Edited by repeat

Maybe this is a method for you:

Press Shift+[Number] e.g. 3, 4, then you geht a specific Weapon without

twinkie, twinkie, cupcake, primary weapon
;)

Magpul is going to be everywhere....