Sign in to follow this  
copper2010

Are scripts and addons the same thing.

So, for one of my missions, I have a script which makes someone follow another person. I know how to install addons, but not scripts. I thought those were two seperate things. I thought addons were client side and only worked on your computer, and scripts were embedded into the mission, and were kinda "auto-downloaded" with the mission onto other people's computers. If they are two different things, can someone teach me how to install scripts (and yes, I have googled it many times)?

Depends on what script you'd want to install. As you pointed out, clients are extended via addOns, which are simply PBO files that usually include a config and some scripts and possibly content in them. Either adding new features, equipment or game objects.

A script usually helps define or execute the abilities of those things or handle something within a mission.

The exception for this would be stupid things like "hack scripts" which basically just allow you to break the game for others. That's the only kind of "script" I can imagine you wanting to "install". They would be an addon though.

So what exactly are you trying to install? If we knew what exact script you were talking about we could best guide you with how to use it.