ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead / Combined Operations / Reinforcements update 1.62

Install A2

Run A2

Install OA

Install 1.60 patch

Install BAF and/or PMC

Install 1.62 patch

Install ACR

Worked as far as the Install BAF & Reinforcements.

But as soon as I tried to install the 1.62 patch... it went wrong. And error as usual..

I'm getting sick to the bloody teeth of this patching not working. And even after 2 messages to UK Support, NO REPLY WHAT SO EVER.

i think its better to "play"/run OA before any patch, and play/run after every patch, before the next item to install.

What was your error? Was it a secrom?

No kkdownboy, not secrom, when i went to add the 1.62 patch, it said one of the patches was newer than the one it was trying to install, the only options I had was retry, (did that 3 times but it instantly failed each time) cancel, or skip. Cant remember which I clicked now, but I think i tried cancel. It seemed to carry on patching, but looked like the patched were going down not up, as I remember seeing 1.03, then 1.02 . either way, when it finished. I said successful. But then when I ran it. It did get further than usual, got into the game, but when I tried the benchmark run to check it was running, it crashed to desktop. I forgot to write down the error that was in the box.

Anyway, I backed up the ArmA 2 directory just before I installed the Reinforcements disc. So ill paste that back over the lot, and run it, and then install Reinforcements again, and run it, and then patch 1.62. fingers crossed.

By the way...I notice it says install BAF and or PMC. Does it make any difference if I am installing from the Reinforcements DVD? ( has both in one )

thanks again KK, nice to see someone trying to help.

Hi again KK..

Retried installing it all again. Running it after each installation and patch. Got to same place. went smooth up untill 1.62 patch.

It updated ArmA2 to 1.11 fine

Seems to be the OA bit of the patch it is screwing up on. It starts updating the OA section, and then came the errors...

error found in file EXPANSION\ADDONS\anims_e.pbo

error found in file EXPANSION\ADDONS\language.pbo

error found in file EXPANSION\ADDONS\languagemissions.pbo

error found in file EXPANSION\ADDONS\languagemissions_e.pbo

error found in file EXPANSION\ADDONS\language.pbo

error found in file EXPANSION\ADDONS\missions_e.pbo

error found in file EXPANSION\ADDONS\ui.pbo

error found in file EXPANSION\ADDONS\weapons_e.pbo

then it went on to BAF and PMC both ok.

I should mention too, that I noticed, that one of the patches( i think its 1.60 ) turned my OA into OA lite....? why did that happen, as I have the full DVD, and could that be why its having issues with the OA section of the patch..

Well the errors you are getting, look like a corrupted patch? I believe the 'lite" part is it, giving you BAF and PMC lite by default. Your full versions will/should remove that when you install them off the DVD. I have basically "CO" with downloaded DLC (BAF/PMC,ACR). I install one DVD at a time, A2 then OA. I am not sure how the RF is installed? Is it all on one DVD?

Its the OA that is going "lite" & it seems to be when I install the 1.60 patch, by that time I already have the OA installed , as its when I install the 1.62 patch its saying updating OA Lite.

And yes, my RF is all on one DVD ( contains both BAF & PMC ). Any suggestion of better place to download the patches again that are NOT corrupt?

Wanting to get back into A2/OA (really can't wait for A3 to just get here). But I've always stayed at pactch 1.60, had good performance and AI seemed pretty decent when tweaked with a couple mods.....I'm now looking to patch to 1.62 (I mainly play single play / create my own missions). I remember and have read number of issues, gameplay and install issues when 1.62 first came out....

Just curious, is another patch coming soon (above 1.62) and I should just wait....or what is biggest improvements that would make most suggest to definitely install this patch instead of waiting. Thanks!

Wanting to get back into A2/OA (really can't wait for A3 to just get here). But I've always stayed at pactch 1.60, had good performance and AI seemed pretty decent when tweaked with a couple mods.....I'm now looking to patch to 1.62 (I mainly play single play / create my own missions). I remember and have read number of issues, gameplay and install issues when 1.62 first came out....

Just curious, is another patch coming soon (above 1.62) and I should just wait....or what is biggest improvements that would make most suggest to definitely install this patch instead of waiting. Thanks!

Install it and don´t foreget the latest Beta, you will be surprised by the AI ;)