Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead / Combined Operations / Reinforcements update 1.62

@JayC - Funny how we jumped on the Alpha release ... ^5

I am sensitive to calling a pre-alpha "working" since both my CentOS 5.5 and 6.2 servers wont run it. version GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found.

It appears only Ubuntu can run the alpha currently or something to that tune... not many admins going to run Ubuntu as a server tbh (no offense to Ubuntu or admins that do)

please move all the nix discussion into it's respective thread and stop cluttering multiple threads with the same commentary

Placebo and Dwarden in the same thread on the same page. How special. :)

We will respectfully do as you have directed before Placebo locks the thread. LOL

If you look only bullet mass than yes. But you need to remember one thing. 5.45x39 is hollow point round. One hit can make more damage to the body then 2 or 3 5.56x45 hits.

Whole point is that all weapon damage configs, vehicle armor and similar should have been done in MOD itself. I am part of large Arma II PvP tournament Arma Wargames and our dev. team makes our own MOD with all weapon & vehicle configs. This should have been done by DayZ MOD team not BI.

old comment but I'll bite and make a reply. ahmen please pass the rolls.

I admit to being a Day Z player. Invested in Arma (1) and didn't much like it at the time for the crazy camera control but things have much improved in Arma ][ which I wasn't even aware was released until I heard of Day Z. As someone who's done his time around the block in various other mod communities from HL to UDK that's a shortcoming I've noticed with a few mods that suffer sudden change to base code. lots of problems in development could be avoided if [mod] developers treated base code like it was protected with a child safety lock. things like weapon tables or world damage (object health) get tweeked all the time by engine devs and then coders have to fix it when every destructible object disintegrates when a map loads. thankfully most worth while mods A) have tact to not scream bloody murder at the people who made their engine and B) plan for this kind of contingency now a days. When I worked on mods though I talked with a few coders and its one of the bigger frustrations when the producer/team lead said "make it work" by skipping on a few details like this.

for my fellow Day Z players if you don't like the change then suggest to Rocket that he get his own weapon tables written up that aren't dependent on the BIS code base. I'll agree that the small arms category of PDWs, pistols and shotguns have been nerfed but that can be fixed if Rocket tweaks their table data or just rolls back the whole file to the previous state instead of explicitly linking to it. Don't complain about a game that is 75% free. About the only thing that is required to play the mod is AO and the rest of the content is borrowed from Arma Free and 2 [light] DLCs. we'll probably see a lot of performance boost out of the game anyway once he makes it so we don't need any of those code/asset libraries. if he could get it to a point where all we need is Arma Free then mission accomplished its actually a stand alone though I wonder if BIS would let hims sell it at that point.

Guys [bIS]? Opinions?

for my fellow Day Z players if you don't like the change then suggest to Rocket that he get his own weapon tables written up that aren't dependent on the BIS code base.

Well, you're getting your own game now so be happy about that I guess. Would have been nice to have Rocket working on ArmA3 but Zombies and all that.

please move all the nix discussion into it's respective thread and stop cluttering multiple threads with the same commentary

Erm, please stop treating *nix users like second-class customers and release client AND server patches simultaneously and the clutter you complain about will be a non-issue in the first place.

New user here:..

Have just installed ARMA II COMBINED OPERATIONS...(ARMA II AND OPERATION ARROWHEAD) DVD version.

How do I know which patch to download? DO I need a patch for ARMA II AND a separate one for OA?

The .exe for ARMA 2 says its version 1.10 and the .exe for OA says version 1.59 if that helps...

Thank you

Welcome to ArmA anthony! :)

You'll want the first three updates on this page.

First: ARMA 2: Combined Operations / Operation Arrowhead / Reinforcements Patch 1.60

Second: ARMA 2: Combined Operations / Operation Arrowhead / Reinforcements Patch 1.62

Third: A2:CO compatibility MP patch ( ACR lite )

First will update ArmA2 and OA to 1.60. Second file will update you to 1.62 which is the latest version. Third is technically optional, but includes the low rez units and maps for the new ACR DLC.

The 1.60/1.62 patches also include the low rez units and maps from BAF and PMC DLCs as well.

You'll use OA exe to run the game and "load" ArmA2 as a mod via the in game Expansions menu. That way when you start OA you'll be running CO.

old comment but I'll bite and make a reply. ahmen please pass the rolls.

I admit to being a Day Z player. ...

Guys [bIS]? Opinions?

:D Sorry, but your statement sound like an alcoholics anonymous declaration! If it can be of any support I'm a DayZ player too! :cheers:

To get back in topic I already expressed my opinion in other threads about the duality between DayZ and ArmAx: for short, DayZ should draw the same resources of the main game and should be as an official expansion such as British Armed Forces or a similar one.

i've downloaded official patch 1.62 on July, 25th

now I read this at BIS' game updates site:

------------

Uploaded:

Modified:

[...]

Version:

------------

what does "modified" in this case mean ? has install .exe / patch 1.62 been modified between 24.7. and 30.7. ?

Yep, that is what I want to know too! :(

All the mirrors on arma2.com under the headline "Uploaded:24.07.12 / Modified:30.07.12 / File Size:52 MB / Downloads:25861 / Version1.62" contain the "ARMA2OA_Update_162.exe" dated 2012-07-23 17:22 (and not 2012-07-30 :confused: ) . After installed this patch on my 1.60 Version with the "@okt_noBlur" patch, I can start via "arma2.exe" and the vanilla version is updated to version 1.11 and runs without problems. Starting via "arma2oa.exe" gives me the error "Error creating Direct3D 9 Graphical engine", which I already got with 1.60 update, the reason for installing the "@okt_noBlur" folder. This error occurs with and without the "@okt_noBlur" folder. Any solution for that? Or do I have to delete and reinstall the whole ARMA 2 stuff again??:mad:

Anyway,

regards

marcomio

Hey, its me again. Have reinstalled ARMA2 with all addon content and patched this clean new installation uo to actual version 1.62. Like many others, I encounter a recognizable loss in framerates, especially after playing a while. All suggestions like turning all extras off, turn down details, set video memory to default etc. pp. dont work (as told before). Before I patched up to 1.62, the version 1.60 runs fine, also when you had to add the "@otk-noblur" folder to run the game. This patch (1.62) surely has some nice improvements to offer, but you cant enjoy this benefits, if the framerate goes down till the game starts stuttering. Maybe, there is a workaround by manually change/set/delete some values in the config? Never encountered thus behavior before.

I've never used the otk noblur, i just turn down PP effects, but I'm not getting anything like stuttering frame rates or anything with 1.62. Are you sure you have your video drivers updated?

According to this ticket that D3D thing might be fixed in a current beta. Have you tried running beta instead?

Dont tried the beta yet, using the last Nvidia WHQL-Driver 301.42 on my GeForce GTS 450 Graphic card (1 GB GDDR5 RAM). CPU: AMD II X2 with 3.00 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Win 7 / 64 bit. This should be enough to run the game fluently in normal-Settings. Monitor Resolution is 1600 x 1200.

Yeah, that's real similar to what I have (i7 vs X2 but otherwise exactly the same) and I'm running smooth as a cheerleader's thigh at 1680x1050 windowed at normal settings too.

Running the Operation Arrowhead campaign via the "arma2OA.exe" (with last 1.62 patch) is acceptable, running the Harvest Red campaign via arma2OA.exe is not very satisfying in the case of framerates. Surly, when playing it via the default arma2.exe (= without all of the improvements, Operation Arrowhead brought to the game...) the framerates increases notable. I think, I'll give the last beta a try and look, how it works.

Hi guys I updated my install from 1.60 to 1.62 and I get one second pauses with this updated version?

My rig

windows xp 32

AMD Phenom II X4 965 oc @ 3.8ghz

EVGA 660ti Super clock version

3.5 GB Ram

Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 motherboard

650 PSU

Nevermind guys I found the problem. CBA wasn't a problem at all re-enabled CBA deleted the problem mods that caused the microstutter while cba was enabled and the problem child mods were TPW_AI_LOS and TPWC_AI_SUP. Deleted those 2 and no more microstuttering!!! Hope this helps those who had this problem.

Edited by bigstone

Hi there all

I am trying to re-install ARMA 2, Operation Arrowhead, & Reinforcements, all fresh from their seperate DVDs, ( bought at time of release ) and update to the latest patch, Preferably with all in same ArmA 2 directory.

Can you please tell me the correct sequence of events to get a working installlation & full up to date patch. I have tried twice so far, but keep getting errors every time i try to install the patches.

Kind regards

Rob Engvikson.

After update i can only find/play my own missions if i go to editor.

No help if i open and save it in single mission.

Hi there all

I am trying to re-install ARMA 2, Operation Arrowhead, & Reinforcements, all fresh from their seperate DVDs, ( bought at time of release ) and update to the latest patch, Preferably with all in same ArmA 2 directory.

Can you please tell me the correct sequence of events to get a working installlation & full up to date patch. I have tried twice so far, but keep getting errors every time i try to install the patches.

Kind regards

Rob Engvikson.

Am I able to get any help with this at all please?

Install A2

Run A2

Install OA

Install 1.60 patch

Install BAF and/or PMC

Install 1.62 patch

Install ACR

---------- Post added at 20:24 ---------- Previous post was at 20:22 ----------

Well done BIS well done indeed.

If that's your contribution, then well done!

You've been awarded this week's "Don't bother next time" award.

Was just about to complain

Edited by Blodhemn
answered just as I replied