Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead / Combined Operations / Reinforcements update 1.62

i dont know where you get the free bit from - we have all been beta testers from day one.

What a bunch of bullshit. So you feel the quality of this game has been Beta standard all this time and BI owes you something because you make a few missions? Wow.....

Not complaining but

The biggest problem for me is you cant role back if you hit a problem without a complete reinstall.

I've never had a problem with an official update patch before but this one has screwed up for me the ability to save a mission other than to the editor or as an email & I can only see the default missions to host?

Any one got any ideas?

I am having some issues with 1.62 for my server. I have 2 Windows Server Boxes, and I have ArmA2 on both of them. We have the dedicated server through Steam. Steam has updated the player 1.62, it has NOT updated the server 1.62 and we are unable to update the server from 1.60 to 1.62. Is this because Steam has yet to add the binaries to the dedicated Servers from steam? or is it another issue?

Thank you for your time.

Can confirm that steam version of arma2oaserver.exe is 1.60 (just deleted and downloaded again).

Till they update steam:

-You can get the 1.62 executable from someone who doesn't have a steam version

-Install the beta on server

-Unpack the 1.62 update and grab arma2oaserver.exe (may need extra unpacker)

Edited by TonyGrunt

I noticed that the previous patch 1.60 states:

Uploaded:22.12.11

Modified:13.07.12

Do we need to get the modified version 1.60 before we install 1.62?

Patch 1.60 contains a lot of model data fixes as well as the code updates.

server_players.php?GSID=2247410&start=-1d

Thanks BIS. We look forward to the Linux patch!

Not complaining but

The biggest problem for me is you cant role back if you hit a problem without a complete reinstall.

I've never had a problem with an official update patch before but this one has screwed up for me the ability to save a mission other than to the editor or as an email & I can only see the default missions to host?

Any one got any ideas?

As has often been posted, make a backup! You do not need to back up your modfolders or user missions/campaigns if you are copying to another drive or partition.

If you don't have sufficient capacity on another partition or drive, then there are free programs that will image and compress a directory - or even an entire partition - & split it into DVD-sized chunks (I have the WD edition of Acronis, but use my 1TB network drive for backups as it's much quicker & easier).

If the patch goes wrong, you simply delete (do not 'copy + overwrite') the individual game-specific directories & files, then copy back the originals. Takes only 10 minutes or so for each procedure. Trust me. that is a lot easier & more trouble-free than a full reinstall & update operation. Note that this works great for DVD installs, but I have no idea about Steam.

Edit: if you want a neat backup program, try Drive Image XML. It will compress a whole partition & restore it entire (except the boot partition). The really useful feature is that, like Acronis, you can access and extract specific files or directories from the compressed backups whether they are on a drive or a DVD without carrying out a full restore.

Edited by Orcinus
Additional information

[87640] New: RVExtension dll interface implemented (http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/callExtension)

i dont see how this could be a good thing

"Defending against malicious extensions

Establish that the extension writer has reputation on the line. If it's somebody nobody ever heard of, who could just disappear again without a lot of people noticing, then the risk is higher. Even if he were to be exposed, it would happen at no cost to him.

Make sure the sources are provided. Even if you can't read them, someone else can, and there is a reasonable chance someone will find any backdoors. This increases the risk of getting the crimes exposed; see above.

Whoever compiles the sources into a dll can add whatever they want, last minute, in a separate copy from the sources added. You'll be trusting whoever compiles them for you, trustworthy or not. (They can also be tampered with after the dll has been built, but this is harder. Forensics should be able to tell the difference.)

The easy way out is to simply trust the people involved, and take the fall if/when you do get hacked from it. Problem is, you might not know. "

no comments about this at all ?.

no comments about this at all ?.

Don't see any problem, don't trust executables without knowing what they do.

Same applies for six updater, acre dsound injection, teamspeak, teamspeak plugins, arma launchers and the list goes on.

You are responsible for what you run on your pc, anything you run could be a trojan horse for malicious code.

And with ArmA3 I expect they will implement the java extensions of TKOH too. :)

Can confirm that steam version of arma2oaserver.exe is 1.60 (just deleted and downloaded again).

Till they update steam:

-You can get the 1.62 executable from someone who doesn't have a steam version

-Install the beta on server

-Unpack the 1.62 update and grab arma2oaserver.exe (may need extra unpacker)

-Trust me and get my arma2oaserver.exe (security 101:never trust executables from strangers :) )

should be fixed, looks like they forgot push the GO button :) (it's in Tools section btw.)

should be fixed, looks like they forgot push the GO button :) (it's in Tools section btw.)

Still old version atm.

I am not sure how steam applies its updates, but I got the garry mod update and it was updated 1 hour after the arma2oaserver update, at the steam database.

just do verify file integrity on the OA server, for me it downloads now the actual build

Had to restart steam to get the update, no amount of verifying worked it kept downloading the old version.

Silly steam :) .

Question: When linux server is available do we need to upload the 17GB of 1.62 data files to the server again or will the patch convert the 1.61 files on the linux server to 1.62?

Patch runs and looks great . Nice work BIS

one question, I read on other forums that weapon damage changed, most notably its been reduced for some weapons. But I could not see any thing about this in changelog. Any info on this and why? ArmA2 has always modelled the lethality of weapons pretty damn well.

Thanks for good patch and incredible support for the community

Here is a link to the purported new damage values, and the implication that these damage values apply to vanilla ARMA 2 and not just DayZ.

Confirm or deny?

Edited by Chortles

Thanks for the 1.62 patch, BIS. :)

I like the new post process AA. It saves a good amount of fps compared to normal AA. Does't look as good though, but worth it for the extra fps IMO.

I like the new post process AA. It saves a good amount of fps compared to normal AA. Does't look as good though, but worth it for the extra fps IMO.

Yup, the tradeoff is okay. The standard FSAA really does look a lot better, but the amount of performance it eats is simply horrible. PPAA doesn't look anywhere near as good, but at least the performance impact is negligable.

Btw. I've just realized something - unless I'm completely mistaken, Arma2 OA now supports five different kinds of antialiasing:

• FSAA (standard antialiasing option up to very high)
  • MSAA (standard antialiasing option, numbered values above very high)
  • SSAA (3D resolution higher than interface resolution)
  • FXAA
  • SMAA (PPAA)

And up to three of them can even be combined, so you could use FSAA||MSAA + SSAA + FXAA||SMAA. :D

Here is a link to the purported new damage values, and the implication that these damage values apply to vanilla ARMA 2 and not just DayZ.

Confirm or deny?

Im not sure what am I looking at on that chart. What does damage of 889 for G17 tell me i.e.? I see there 870MCS, Double-barreled Shotgun which are not in the game. However if damage for pistols and SMGs is really reduced then they are even less useful. On the other hand I dont use them anyway, maybe PDW sometimes.

Backup or reinstall, it still doesn't solve the problem that some of us are getting with the 1.62 patch re hosting anything other than default missions & being unable to save missions in the editor other than as email attachments. What is that all about?:butbut:

Edited by jgaz-uk

So why was the weapon damage nerfed?

http://dayzdb.com/news/weapon-changes-in-arma2-162

Sorry if there's already thread about this, but didnt find anything with search. Just links to dayz forums about the same issue.

People have asked this before but I haven't found any reasoning for the change.

BIS is trying to make the game more approachable for the new Day-Z players who can't be bothered to stay away from flying bullets. Just like in CoD or such.

It also breaks many good missions using the now nerfed weapons.

Is there a complete list for changed weapons and values?

So why was the weapon damage nerfed?

http://dayzdb.com/news/weapon-changes-in-arma2-162

Sorry if there's already thread about this, but didnt find anything with search. Just links to dayz forums about the same issue.

could just make these tweaks within the mod insted of messing up the whole game for the sake of dayz.

gj bis. fuck this shit.

could just make these tweaks within the mod insted of messing up the whole game for the sake of dayz.

gj bis. fuck this shit.

I don't think they made the changes because of Dayz but because of the new players. They all will eventually play vanillla game and might just like it a bit more if it's easier.

And BIS is paving the way for the Arma 3; the more arcade, more Call of Duty-like action shooter. Players WILL get used to these recent changes and won't be so shocked when A3 is even more nerfed.

Not a bad plan business-wise. This is their first and last chance of becoming big player in the genre.