Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead / Combined Operations / Reinforcements update 1.62

Thanks for this update, BIS. No problems so far in testing (SP only).

You can't possibly please all the people all of the time, but I for one greatly appreciate your continuing commitment to & hard work on the updates and betas.

Cheers!

Orc

Since running the new 1.62 the game is only showing default missions, the missions are still there but the game cant find them?

When running a patch previous I always got the "may not have installed properly do you wish to run again with default settings" this time that did not get that? Have run the 1.62 again & still only default missions? Any thing saved before or since is not there

All the maps are there & all the missions in the editor, but if I save anything old or new the pbo disappears???

Found the only way to save a mission in the editor is as email!

And can only host default missions????

(On windows 7)

Edited by jgaz-uk

and add CMP as promised to thos who stuck it out - as they did most of your testing for you

Last thing I heard is that the CMP will be "revived" after this patch is released. I've asked to be re-invited to the Skype group when that time comes.

Hi all dear brothers. I have problem:

When i start the game I have this error: Error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0

After this error, new error: Error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0

I download patch from Arma2.com!

Please help!

Guys please help somebody!:yay:

---------- Post added at 00:01 ---------- Previous post was at 23:54 ----------

Guys!

---------- Post added at 00:04 ---------- Previous post was at 00:01 ----------

Guys! SOMEBODY

Guys please help somebody!:yay:

---------- Post added at 00:01 ---------- Previous post was at 23:54 ----------

Guys!

I suspect that you'r still using an shortcut that points to an old beta.

Try creating a new shortcut that points the new (non-beta) executable.

If that fails, check that you're not trying to run an old version of Oktane's noBlur mod...

I suspect that you'r still using an shortcut that points to an old beta.

Try creating a new shortcut that points the new (non-beta) executable.

If that fails, check that you're not trying to run an old version of Oktane's noBlur mod...

Aaa... Not i only use official patches. I before install 1.62, install 1.58 to 1.60, after 1.60 to 1.62 i have ArmA 2 + ArmA 2 REINF. DLC

May u show me adress to correct my problem?:yay:

Hmmm, I'm getting CTD's with this new patch when attempting to restart a community made scenario (Flashpoint Utes 1.21 BAF). It works fine the first time I play it, but if I end the mission, then restart from the scenarios menu, CTD :(

Edited by ceeeb

DWARDEN thanks for u, now i will lokk at this.

---------- Post added at 00:40 ---------- Previous post was at 00:39 ----------

And... Guys i dont know how install drivers, where i may see instructions?

Yeah, yeah i grandad. :D

---------- Post added at 00:44 ---------- Previous post was at 00:40 ----------

M... If i have ATI Radeon HD 4800 series this may help me?

---------- Post added at 00:47 ---------- Previous post was at 00:44 ----------

And i have not Steam version, are version by 1C.

DGuys i dont know how install drivers, where i may see instructions?

Yeah, yeah i grandad. :D

If i have ATI Radeon HD 4800 series this may help me?And i have not Steam version, are version by 1C.

ATI drivers have nothing to do with Steam as far as I know. Download the latest (non-beta) drivers for your card directly from the AMD website.

Also get hold of, e.g., Driver Sweeper (Google it). Use that to remove the old drivers before updating. Please read the instructions carefully before using it. You can PM me if there's anything you don't understand, although you would be much better off with someone who is a native speaker of your own language, whatever that is.

Im install AMD 12.6 for ATI HD 4800 series and this not help... Maybe i not right install them?

Any informations about Linux binarys ?

I really like that new update, but i can't play on my own server :O

An ETA would be nice...

B1n4ry,

In case you aren't aware, BIS now cares about DayZ more than the players who bought their game before it was popular.

They've decided it's part of their "best practices" to release client patches without warning, and ensure the dedicated server executables aren't released for a few weeks so people can't play. Unless they're playing DayZ, of course. Great system where Steam users can't tell the game NOT to update, and thus get locked out of their own linux servers.

Of course, the entire problem could be alleviated by delaying patches until the dedicated server .exe's are also available, but evidently that hasn't occurred to BIS.

Yeah man you're right! BIS is obviously on the cash train. All they do is make fixes for DayZ and its COD kiddies who ruin my simulator! I wish these stability fixes and patches could help Arma but no, all they help is DayZ.

Regarding the Linux Update, it would have been excusable if they had some in-house problem with their own linux systems but no they decided to ruin our virtual war. Which makes it even less understandable is that patches can be released whenever it's pleased so, and thus they could have just waited. And I don't even want to start about how BIS should fix Steam so it doesn't patch automatically...

They aren't allowed to have mistakes happen!

Edited by PurePassion
[/Sarcasm] Think about it ;)

Trekari, to be fair Steam has always been shamefully late with patches. That's why I'll never buy a game that gets improved over time from there. Modifying it is too much trouble any patching is super delayed. Not to mention their method of patching was usually "download the whole thing again".

Linux as well has always been slow to update. This isn't new.

You can't blame Steam patches on BIS's new DayZ-centric single-mindedness. Just play DayZ the way BIS wants you to play ArmA now until someone gets around to releasing a new server for the little people still playing the base game. :)

I play at 1.60 and will play for out AA3.

Because 1..62 send me error.

Who play at 1.60 and will play?

I play at 1.60 and will play for out AA3.

Because 1..62 send me error.

Who play at 1.60 and will play?

Please, don't use google translator or similar (not for whole sentences), it will just mess up.

B1n4ry,

In case you aren't aware, BIS now cares about DayZ more than the players who bought their game before it was popular.

They've decided it's part of their "best practices" to release client patches without warning, and ensure the dedicated server executables aren't released for a few weeks so people can't play. Unless they're playing DayZ, of course. Great system where Steam users can't tell the game NOT to update, and thus get locked out of their own linux servers.

Of course, the entire problem could be alleviated by delaying patches until the dedicated server .exe's are also available, but evidently that hasn't occurred to BIS.

I actually noticed it too. Well, it's a big chance to gain some attention. Which means more money, what is also good for us! (the "OLD" ArmA players). With more money BIS is able to spend it in the game... -> Make the game better.

But you are right, if they change their orientation (away from Mil. Sim.), ArmA will screw up. And i, personaly, won't spend anymore money for BIS, if they go away from that, what got me to buy ArmA.. -> One of the best Mil. Sim. i've seen.

I hope they'll see this "anger" in the community and, hopefully at least, give both sides (DayZ Kids vs. Old MilSim gramps), the same "attention".

So, that both sides are satisfied.

That's my opinion, but that does not belong here.

Edited by B1n4ry

Steam just updated a spare copy of ArmA2, so the patch seems to be live.

I hope they'll see this "anger" in the community and, hopefully at least, give both sides (DayZ Kids vs. Old MilSim gramps), the same "attention".

So, that both sides are satisfied.

Im with you on this comment ,

i still have all the original OFP ,ARMA , ARMA2 & OA disks.

this is all i have been playing for over 10 years and im sure many others are the same

it would be a shame to see the focus of the game move away from them that have supported

BIS for all these years - money does need to be made but you should not forget them that have supported you

you can make everyone happy - just takes a little more effort.

i dont use linux and never use steam but i understand the main issue people are cripping about -

it would be nice to see a post from BIS saying they get the point and will look into it.

I dont know if this came with the update, but has the spot distance for vanilla ai units decreased drastically? Units in my group cannot spot or engage units 150m away, I need to actually reveal the unit in order for them to fire at it.

Come to think of it, the typical range of engagement is now under 200m, it used to be much higher before. Ive played around with setSkill array as well, but still the amount of time it takes for ai to spot threats and engage is really really slow now. However 50m and less the AI reaction time is pretty dam fast now. I just dont understand why AI dont engage units prone or in visible sight that are less than 200m now..

you can make everyone happy - just takes a little more effort.

And they aren't? Any improvement is a improvement for all. As for the Linux server being late... Read SUMA's posts. Also spend a few extra $ and buy Disks, so you can avoid the Steam issues... There was a time when there wasn't any Linux in the game.... I find that, the more free stuff people get the more they feel entitled and complain...

Love the patch, really love the new betas 95xxx 1.63 branch.

Game is fun ,I dont play Dayz but man what a great push in Multiplayer because of it. More Dayz more fixes, extras, etc... for all.

PS: not that anybody cares but abunch of you guys have made my and alot of others ignore list.

I find that, the more free stuff people get the more they feel entitled and complain

i dont know where you get the free bit from - we have all been beta testers from day one.

i payed for my game and contribute to the community ie - make missions for all to play and help others to learn to script

im entitled to my say as everyone is.

the so called fixes seem to be dumbing down AI which is making it harder to make a working mission that has any skill or thrill.

if its COD game play you want then add us to your ignore list and thats what you will end up with.

the so called fixes seem to be dumbing down AI which is making it harder to make a working mission that has any skill or thrill.

Really? the AI are SOOO much better than 1.51, 1.59? But then after testing vanilla A2 I go back to ASR,and ACE. I play stealth. Ill try some of your missons.

So called fixes....wow