Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead / Combined Operations / Reinforcements update 1.62

You can always try to delete your cfg file, the game will create a new one at launch.

I really hate the feature "[89205] New: Player can look up/down using a mouse while driving land/water vehicles. " now the vehicles became hard driving especially when you are in 3rd person view.

Originally Posted by happygoron View Post

Since installing the update the campaigns I have in progress in single player will not continue doe to version mismatch, is there a way to resolve this?

Rollback back 1.60.

Rollback back 1.60.

no need for a rollback.. only the save games won't work anymore.. just revert/restart the last mission in your campaign.

But if you wanna resume a savegame of a mission and finish it? then yes you need to rollback. :)

I really hate the feature "[89205] New: Player can look up/down using a mouse while driving land/water vehicles. " now the vehicles became hard driving especially when you are in 3rd person view.

Yep, annoying. You can get rid of it by disabling weapon crosshair in your difficulty options though.

Yep, annoying. You can get rid of it by disabling weapon crosshair in your difficulty options though.

You could disable the feature like this which can only get ride of the V cursor

You could disable the feature like this which can only get ride of the V cursor

Setting your controls to "left/right" instead of the "more left/more right" controls in vehicle controls gets rid of it alltogether, at least up to 1.62 RC2.. Try it.

Thank you BIS!

I had massive lags with my new CPU (AMD Phenom II X4 955 BLACK EDITION) and after this patch I have FPS over 35 at all times.

Here is a little weird story...

I installed the 1.62 patch and all went well in the installing...Coool

next I hit the arma2oa.exe to start it up... got the little boxes with the ticks ...all OK there.... then next a little window box jumped in front saying "ARMA2OA STOP Working ..windows looking for a solution"... ???? what the hell

So after trying different ways of installing and playing around I still had the same problem.... next I checked the arma2oa.exe properties... BINGO... the compatibility mode was on XP SP3 which was weird as I'm running windows 7..... so to make shall everything would go right switched it to window 7 and I also ticked in privilege mode... run this program as administration..... apply all the options...

After that everything worked... :yay:

Setting your controls to "left/right" instead of the "more left/more right" controls in vehicle controls gets rid of it alltogether, at least up to 1.62 RC2.. Try it.

I used to steer the vehicles by mouse, now according to your suggestion, I have to designate non keys to "car more left" and "car more right", move "mouse left" into "Car Left" and " mouse right" into "Car Right". Though feel a little different but anyhow get ride of the annoying new feature.

Thanks for the update BI! :)

Anybody else suffering heavy LOD problems after patching to 1.62? Especially vehicles textures and wheels are extremly blurry on distance and pop up the closer I get....and not only in Takistan. Even if I'm in front of the vehicle the textures are not as sharp as before. :(

Same problem here. It was noted in the last half dozen beta releases or so and never addressed. :(

Installed the new Patch.

Getting this when clicking "Scenarios" for SP missions:

File description ext, line 148: /RscTitle/:mission '}'

Any help would be appreciated.

Campaigns working just fine, so far.

Sorry to post this again, but this is rediculous. Everything working fine before patching, now this.

Could someone give me an idea of what's going one here? Why I'm I CTD when I click on "Scenarios" for SP missions? Why is "Campaigns" working but not SP??

Do I need to uninstall, stall again and re-patch things again?

Crashes with Arma2. Crashes with OA. Crashes when using a launcher for CO.

What gives?

Try and clear the Missions folder in game folder, and try the missions folder in your my documents arma2 user profiles.

Maybe the RPT file has some more info.

did it get removed from the BI arma 2 site? there's no download button

EDIT:

nevermind, just downloaded from armedassault.info

Try and clear the Missions folder in game folder, and try the missions folder in your my documents arma2 user profiles.

Maybe the RPT file has some more info.

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

When you say "clear" what shall I do? Take the missions out of the folder and put them back in?

Delete all the missions?

Thx again.

Anyone knows what it means to be "Group channel" Pop up every Editor Preview, SP Missons & Campaigns Missions on Start for 3-4 Sec. ?

Can hide this somehow ?

Anyone knows what it means to be "Group channel" Pop up every Editor Preview, SP Missons & Campaigns Missions on Start for 3-4 Sec. ?

Can hide this somehow ?

It means that only your group can hear you. It's supposed to be used in MP with the ingame chat system, but the patch appears to turn it on in SP as well.

Hello M1n1d0u,

do u know maybe when it will be releasedp???im runnin linux server and was dissapointed its not supported allready....

Is this the last patch for Arma2 or will there be more?

There is already a beta for 1.63.........

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

When you say "clear" what shall I do? Take the missions out of the folder and put them back in?

Delete all the missions?

Thx again.

Yeah just move the mission(s) out of your arma install folder and try running the game. The error you are getting is due to a typo (I assume) in a description.ext file which actually crashes the game (as opposed to script errors which just show on the screen if you have the parameter enabled)

summer and BIS = awesome patch time for arma II

We love you!

I'd love to try the update. Unfortunately Linux server shell script has not been updated. The current server shell script we are running on our CO server is a2oa-server-1.60.87589 official.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Dedicated_Server

Any word on an update for Linux server?

I was also hoping for a new update for Arma 2, but the included patch for Arma 2 is still version 1.11. Many players using the CD version cannot get into our game because of languagecore bisign mismatch. Arma 2 free and Steam players have been updated, but the guys who spent the most on CD version are dependent exclusively on BI for their updates. Why no new update for Arma 2? Thanks for all the hard work BI.

Edited by Jigsor

Just a note, if there is another patch, in the editor, when you select Outro- Win or Outro - Loose....Lose should only have 1 "o" lol. Unless it's supposed to be loose, then nevermind

I'd love to try the update. Unfortunately Linux server shell script has not been updated. The current server shell script we are running on our CO server is a2oa-server-1.60.87589 official.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Dedicated_Server

Any word on an update for Linux server?

I was also hoping for a new updated for Arma 2, but the included patch for Arma 2 is still version 1.11. Many players using the CD version cannot get into our game because of languagecore bisign mismatch. Arma 2 free and Steam players have been updated, but the guys who spent the most on CD version are dependent exclusively on BI for their updates. Why no new update for Arma 2? Thanks for all the hard work BI.

I provide a script to download and build a minimal version of WINE on debian/ubuntu systems here. This is currently the only way to get the latest version of the ARMAII server running on a Linux OS as the BiS devs are still working on that.

Thanks for this great patch, BIS...:)

So near to release ArmA III, and still continue working on older ArmA II...There are a lot of game creators who should be inspired by your seriousness, your passion and your professionnalism...I just say A BIG THANK YOU.

Edited by Patriot 911