Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead / Combined Operations / Reinforcements update 1.62

Thx for the update BIS. :)

All working fine for now..will chkout different settings in graphics menu; will report back asap.

Cheers,

Sky770

Great patch, awesome work - now get your ass on some summer vacation BIS - hopefully you get to experience better weather than myself :D

For the future, maybe for Arma3, would it be possible to get an immediate dummy beta at the same time as the main patch? That way we don't have to update as much in the paths and mods for clients and servers? We have some that are quite computer illiterates and it's getting a workload having to explain everything each time this changes around :p

Do we have an ETA on the linux server binary? Our community runs linux and with this update we will not be able to play on our own servers until then.

If I install the 1.62 client patch will I be able to play on 1.60 servers or is it not backwards compatible?

If I install the 1.62 client patch will I be able to play on 1.60 servers or is it not backwards compatible?

1.62 patch is not compatible with 1.60 servers.

Would it be possible to get an immediate dummy beta at the same time as the main patch? That way we don't have to update as much in the paths and mods for clients and servers? We have some that are quite computer illiterates and it's getting a workload having to explain everything each time this changes around :p
Do we have an ETA on the linux server binary? Our community runs linux and with this update we will not be able to play on our own servers until then.

I second both these motions, keep up the good work BIS.

Nevermind I fixed problem, just reinstalled entire game and backed up all missions and mods, if anyone else has same problem read above at post I placed before this, Patch runs great BIS.

Hey there,

Steam just updated my game and all went well (supposedly). However, I just wanted to know what I do with the old beta version (i.e. the beta directory inside /Expansions/)? I know you shouldn't use the 'Uninstall Beta' option, and I have never had to (I just delete the beta directory in question before installing the newest beta - that's apparently how you're supposed to do it, no?), so should I just leave the beta files there and not worry about them, or will they cause some sort of conflict with the latest patch? If the latter is true, how should I remove the beta without reinstalling the entire CO and DLC bundle?

Thanks for the patch by the way!

Same here, a server I have admin privileges runs on Linux and with people updating to 1.62 our player count has dropped immensely. I wish they would of waited until they had a Linux binary up before they pushed this update.

Same here, a server I have admin privileges runs on Linux and with people updating to 1.62 our player count has dropped immensely. I wish they would of waited until they had a Linux binary up before they pushed this update.

Same to me...

Hey there,

Steam just updated my game and all went well (supposedly). However, I just wanted to know what I do with the old beta version (i.e. the beta directory inside /Expansions/)? I know you shouldn't use the 'Uninstall Beta' option, and I have never had to (I just delete the beta directory in question before installing the newest beta - that's apparently how you're supposed to do it, no?), so should I just leave the beta files there and not worry about them, or will they cause some sort of conflict with the latest patch? If the latter is true, how should I remove the beta without reinstalling the entire CO and DLC bundle?

Thanks for the patch by the way!

Simple delete is fine. Or just leave them be, because 1.62 beeing out doesn't mean there won't be any betas in the future

we put it to the attention of the devs during beta testing to no avail. Very annoying indeed.

You're kidding, don't you? :raisebrow: This is a step back to ArmA stoneage and it took ages until it got finally fixed with 1.60. We stopped playing last night as it simply sucks. Actually we started a poll to roll back to 1.60 even if we have to reinstall our games and servers.

In 2012 this is not annoying, for me it's a show stopper.

Is this patch gonna fix the Reinforcements crash , and inability to reinstall the BAF/PMC installs after the 1.60 patch? with the downloadable DLCs ? for those of us, who bought the Dlc's prior to them being released on Disk....

Hmm I just installed the Sprocket downloads of BAF/PMC over the top of my existing 1.61 RC2 install and it all went fine, just installed all games over the top: A2, OA, PMC, BAF then 1.60 then 1.62 and all patches completed fine.

Thank you, but the AI can still perfectly detect the faction/side of a unit driving/sitting in a civilian vehicle (car) even with fog/mist (doesn't matter if engine is on/off) within split second. Imo one solution could be to delay side/faction of an unit in a civilian vehicle/car depending on distance, weather condition, time to identify it. If its not possible for AI to ID driver/passenger their status should remain "unknown"/civilian/non-combatant. Another persistent AI issue is that they can detect other AI's position even if they are behind a hill or in a building = they have no line of sight to any of those reported (enemy) units. Think that AI should be using more LOS to identify (enemy) units and not only through "hearing"/"magic" data sharing. If its not possible for AI to identify/verify unknown units - the "contact" remains just as contact. :)

Set your video memory to default for a start.

So what? No effect on the problem at all.

You're kidding, don't you? :raisebrow: This is a step back to ArmA stoneage and it took ages until it got finally fixed with 1.60. We stopped playing last night as it simply sucks. Actually we started a poll to roll back to 1.60 even if we have to reinstall our games and servers.

In 2012 this is not annoying, for me it's a show stopper.

Have exactly the same problem. It's not the video card GTX570, its not the SSD, its not the RAM 12Gb. It makes NO difference what video settings it is on. The change of LOD should take place immediately during the zoom.

So what? No effect on the problem at all.

You asked for help, I offered. No reason to get angry at me. Without knowing about the specifics of your system/installation it's hard to determine where your problem is. Video settings just jumped to my eyes watching your vid and video/virtual memory settings are the cause of such problems most of the time. I experienced similar problems during the beta phase once but that problem was fixed long ago.

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

Have exactly the same problem. It's not the video card GTX570, its not the SSD, its not the RAM 12Gb. It makes NO difference what video settings it is on. The change of LOD should take place immediately during the zoom.

Well, it does change nearly instantly on my system.

Since installing the update the campaigns I have in progress in single player will not continue doe to version mismatch, is there a way to resolve this?

Since installing the update the campaigns I have in progress in single player will not continue doe to version mismatch, is there a way to resolve this?

Rollback back 1.60.

You asked for help, I offered. No reason to get angry at me. Without knowing about the specifics of your system/installation it's hard to determine where your problem is. Video settings just jumped to my eyes watching your vid and video/virtual memory settings are the cause of such problems most of the time. I experienced similar problems during the beta phase once but that problem was fixed long ago.

Locker bleiben Kollege, nobody is angry. We already discussed the memory setting last night w/o any noticable changes. If you need more information about my system please revert to my signature.....

P.S.: PvPscene already opened a separat thread for the 1.62 LOD issue. Thank you PvPscene !! :)

Totally relaxed here! And I have sigs of, to much noise ... :)

Yes, I saw that thread. Still the problem seems system dependant to me.

Edited by Guess Who