Sign in to follow this  
Joseph Archer

Bailing out and have been refunded

I'm leaving the play and contribute of Gaea Mission. Fundementally the games is a bit rubbish. I can't believe the lack of activity of the play and contribute aspect of the development either. Got a refund from BIS.

Well, the team said that the information they did get was valuable so at least they report the P&C beta went well. Thanks for contributing what you did and I'm sorry the game is not for you.

I'm leaving the play and contribute of Gaea Mission. Fundementally the games is a bit rubbish. I can't believe the lack of activity of the play and contribute aspect of the development either. Got a refund from BIS.

How did you go about getting a refund, as I am finding it to be the same, not really living up to what I expected at all.

would like to know this too please

To summarize:

* you have decided to support us and pay 20 to 40 Euro depending on your level of commitment / interest in Steam version

* after playing alpha of the game delivered as promissed for few weeks you feel you are entitled to get a refund

would You like to clarify "I can't believe the lack of activity of the play and contribute aspect of the development either."

or You think we ignore all the BIForum posts and BugTracker reports ?

My problem is we didnt really get much informations on game status up till now from devs.

The only thing we was told some time ago was the message that game focus has been shifted to console which I feel is a wrong decision.

Console cant and will not give this game the feeling of a true remake in my opinion.

The radial menu presented in alpha version is awfull and only a compromise to consoles for example. ( remembers me on Stormrise which I gave up only because of this, it was horrible)

Also a lot of good ideas and posts have not been commented from devs so I dont have the feeling it got implemented at all.

But hopefully I am wrong!

the focus was meant in way that the console port gets it's fair share of attention too

the focus was meant in way that the console port gets it's fair share of attention too

Thanks for your fast reply!

Than I hope I will be wrong at all :) Waiting for a updated beta version!

When I first tried this beta I thought it was very nice for the bare-bones of what CC was suppose to become. But Beta2 shown very little, if any, progress towards becoming a deserving CC re-imagining.

The lack of beta versions being available to the p&c public only shows that this was a way of making a bit of quick money, and had very little to do with player/beta participation.

It has become clear that this game will not become the game that I would have hoped for, but instead will be no more than your average shooter.

So if a refund is possible then I would like to claim one.

Which average shooter ?

The one under the forth row, second to the left of the one sporting the green and black box.

I hope that a lot of suggestions will have been implemented and/or fixed by the time of the full release. If most suggestions have been ignored then that is terrible. If the suggestions have been looked at and discussed by the development team, then some acknowlegement would be in order. I believe a lot of people find the lack of communication upsetting. We want some feedback on our feedback if you will.

As many problems as there are with the beta version I have been playing, I have still had a lot of fun with it, and am really looking forward to the finished product. While some design decisions are quite disappointing (instanced islands. lack of control of how to approach an island...), it all still seems it might come together as a very nice game. The one thing that breaks the game the most at the moment is the pathfinding problems and the suicidal AI that takes over the moment you drop direct control of a nunit. If those can be fixed I think this will be a very enjoyable game even if the islands are instanced instead of having one big seamless ocean. I really really do want one big seamless ocean, but not having that is not going to stop me from enjoying the game.

I do hope that this game will do really really well. Well enough to spawn sequels or additional re-envisionings perhaps.

I hope that a lot of suggestions will have been implemented and/or fixed by the time of the full release. If most suggestions have been ignored then that is terrible. If the suggestions have been looked at and discussed by the development team, then some acknowlegement would be in order. I believe a lot of people find the lack of communication upsetting. We want some feedback on our feedback if you will.

As many problems as there are with the beta version I have been playing, I have still had a lot of fun with it, and am really looking forward to the finished product. While some design decisions are quite disappointing (instanced islands. lack of control of how to approach an island...), it all still seems it might come together as a very nice game. The one thing that breaks the game the most at the moment is the pathfinding problems and the suicidal AI that takes over the moment you drop direct control of a nunit. If those can be fixed I think this will be a very enjoyable game even if the islands are instanced instead of having one big seamless ocean. I really really do want one big seamless ocean, but not having that is not going to stop me from enjoying the game.

I do hope that this game will do really really well. Well enough to spawn sequels or additional re-envisionings perhaps.

Seamless would be a dream but to be honest I guess its a console resource problem and therefore it will not happen as a lot of other stuff. Consoles (X-Box ..) are lacking a lot of power these days.

I have to admit it's nice to hear from the Devs, but it does seem that they could perhaps have interacted a bit more with us throughout the Beta.

The game needs tweaking, rather substantially - but I'll wait and see what the finished product is like.

Island travel is described as Seamless and Real-Time, however that's just not true at the moment :(

I have to admit it's nice to hear from the Devs, but it does seem that they could perhaps have interacted a bit more with us throughout the Beta.

I don't have too much of a problem with the game itself - although there are obvious fixes still needed, most notably the AI pathfinding. However. other than that I look forward to playing the full game.

I have to say though I think that the whole P&C bit was very badly managed and in retrospect seems more like a cynical way of raising funds so they can make the XBOX version rather than communicating with the P&C testers, which you can see by the fact there is NEAR zero dev involvement in the forum, and the fact we have only had 2 versions.

If there was another Bohemia P&C now I would probably stay out, although there are not that many other games I would be interested in a P&C in (possibly XCOM UFO remake which does not have a P&C or Elite remake ???)

G

I don't have too much of a problem with the game itself - although there are obvious fixes still needed, most notably the AI pathfinding. However. other than that I look forward to playing the full game.

I have to say though I think that the whole P&C bit was very badly managed and in retrospect seems more like a cynical way of raising funds so they can make the XBOX version rather than communicating with the P&C testers, which you can see by the fact there is NEAR zero dev involvement in the forum, and the fact we have only had 2 versions.

If there was another Bohemia P&C now I would probably stay out, although there are not that many other games I would be interested in a P&C in (possibly XCOM UFO remake which does not have a P&C or Elite remake ???)

G

I do not know. Maybe it is not ideal, but compared to very popular kickstarter campaigns I feel we treat our users much better: there all you get is words for your money. We provide you with a lot of information from very advanced version of the game and also fully playable alpha. Yes, it is a way to collect money and feedback which was even more important than money, but is it cynical? I for one did hope the dev team would interact with the users much more directly but that still does not make the program a failure in any sense. Also, all contributors will get finished game with reasonable discount, I am not sure why out of sudden this is a bad thing for anybody.

That said, I am also not happy that the team did not take more active and agile approach and I am trying to understand it and hopefully improve.

I really can't see any reason to refund any one. Bohemia provided a Beta version, asked for our feedback, treated us with one additional slightly different beta version and will probably provide us with the promised final versions when it's done. They did fulfill their part and to ask for a refund is kinda lame. Ok, the developers did not really provide any serious feedback to our reports (which I blame them for) and they ignored most suggestions to change the game drastically (which I completely understand). But that is not any valid reason to ask for refund.

Get a grip!

I agree that it is not a bad deal compared to a kickstarter campaign, but in that comparison you are also not expecting to get more than words from that. I think some people in the P&C deal feel decieved because they got the impression that more intimate communication with the developers was a part of the deal too. It is easy to forget what it is you really do get when you think there is something missing. Then you tend to focus on that.

In the end I do think we are getting a pretty good deal too.

I think alpha/beta games are classed as pre-order games so you are entitled to a refund. It is under these terms that Steam allows refunds.

I think alpha/beta games are classed as pre-order games so you are entitled to a refund. It is under these terms that Steam allows refunds.

They aren't classed a pre-order games. its a beta at the end of the day. Steam has it own rules, im not sure they apply here.

[...] but compared to very popular kickstarter campaigns I feel we treat our users much better: there all you get is words for your money.

There is one difference, though: From a Kickstarter project I don't expect anything else. When I am investing a such a project then I positively know that the whole thing might perish even if I it was successfully funded. I do not expect that from a well introduced and recognized company as Bohemia Interactive. If BI (in this case Carrier Command’s Executive Producer Jan Kunt on the CCGM website) tells me "Even though the game is already a blast to play, we welcome every suggestion that will help us to fine-tune the game’s balance and polish it as a whole", then I expect my suggestions to be taken seriously (which might have been the case, but it is not transparent nor verifiable to me) and I expect some kind of feedback (which would be transparent and verifiable, but did not really happen).

I for one did hope the dev team would interact with the users much more directly but that still does not make the program a failure in any sense. [...] That said, I am also not happy that the team did not take more active and agile approach and I am trying to understand it and hopefully improve.

Well said! And thanks for listening.

And don't get me wrong: I am eager to play CCGM. I did a lot to spread the word and I will continue to do so. AND I am glad to be a P&C Club Member. I will NOT call for any refund whatsoever! :)

They aren't classed a pre-order games. its a beta at the end of the day. Steam has it own rules, im not sure they apply here.

Kick it around any which way you wish, but they must be obliged to give refunds otherwise they would not.

Kick it around any which way you wish, but they must be obliged to give refunds otherwise they would not.

Not so. Perhaps they are just being nice. It happens.

For my part, I was disappointed that the interaction with the devs has been poor to non-existent. But I'm still looking forward to the final game, and even feel I got my money's worth even out of the beta.

So, I won't be asking for a refund.

Not so. Perhaps they are just being nice. It happens.

Not to likely. There are reports upon statements all over the net, where refunds have been requested for other full titles, yet all come away disappointed. But you never know. ;)