Sign in to follow this  
liamlight

GTX 560 Ti bottleneck - Extremely low FPS.

That's 491W AC (power draw from the wall)335W@12v that's only 27A.
yes - but real ampere not exceed 5A other wise your cables will burn. there is 6 different lines and 27a it is sum.

Now i have 99% gpu usage and 4 fps..

edit: I changed NOTHING since last time

Well its nice your graphics card decided to work, but at 4fps !!!!:butbut:

Did you get the game from Steam or is it hard copy or download from bis store etc..

You did remove all the power connectors? Did you pull the card to set up your waterloops? Maybe your MB/CMROM-BIOs and your Vidcard's Bios(thru driver) reset its self...

Well its nice your graphics card decided to work, but at 4fps !!!!:butbut:

Did you get the game from Steam or is it hard copy or download from bis store etc..

It's from steam.

You did remove all the power connectors? Did you pull the card to set up your waterloops? Maybe your MB/CMROM-BIOs and your Vidcard's Bios(thru driver) reset its self...

I removed one, im pretty sure it was power for my MOBO.

Didn't touch the card, no.

That's 491W AC (power draw from the wall) for the entire system running an artificial benchmark. Comparing the idle 156W to the load 491W gives a rough estimate of 335W for the GPU (although no doubt the CPU is loaded somewhat by the benchmark anyway, so it's less than that). The DC draw on the other side of the PSU, ie how many amps the GPU needs, will be considerably lower but even if we assume it's 335W@12v that's only 27A.

OIC - was looking for something that wasn't really the problem then. I have also done a hard drive speed test and that was fine so the low FPS is something i'm gonna have to live with unless there is a eureka moment at some point in time!!

Hey guys im back watercooling installed 60 degress idle down to 20.. not bad.

---------- Post added at 23:09 ---------- Previous post was at 22:33 ----------

Just did benchmark 2 and got an average of 44 FPS, thank you everybody for there help.

For anyone else with the problem: I'm not too sure what actually fixed it.. i just reformatted a hard drive(which the game wasnt even on) and apart from that instaleld watercooling to my CPU and it just works better ^^

You fix your overheating problem with that water cooling system :rolleyes:

You fix your overheating problem with that water cooling system :rolleyes:

From the sarcastic face in my defence, obviously, but on the actual topic, If you have low FPS i sugguest a reformat and maybe it will work

From the sarcastic face in my defence, obviously, but on the actual topic, If you have low FPS i sugguest a reformat and maybe it will work

aside sarcasm-related input, it not bad idea, sometimes. cauze its easier for "average customer", than start learning about PC/software/OS insight/mechanics and "how to use it".

basically i only would substitute "reformant" with "repartition", cuz notable portion of issues will come from [even minor]partition table corruption and/or malware in MBR.

Yeah guys, it's back..

Nothing changed since it worked fine at all, i just started playing again a few days ago and boom 30% GPU usage 15fps everywhere.

Sorry to jump back in after a couple of months and open this thread up, but i have a possible solution to the low FPS. I bit the bullet (:p) and brought a new PSU as all the troubleshooting i did seemed to point to the 12v rail being poorly. And i'm fixed with GPU usage going up and frame rates going up. I had tested the 12v rail under load but it stayed at 11.98v which is fine but i can only assume it was willing to give out the amperage required. I had the PSU 2-3 years (Everest Pro 1200) so maybe it was time for a new one. I hope this helps other people having similar issues. And for info i now have a OCZ 1250.

Sorry to jump back in after a couple of months and open this thread up, but i have a possible solution to the low FPS. I bit the bullet (:p) and brought a new PSU as all the troubleshooting i did seemed to point to the 12v rail being poorly. And i'm fixed with GPU usage going up and frame rates going up. I had tested the 12v rail under load but it stayed at 11.98v which is fine but i can only assume it was willing to give out the amperage required. I had the PSU 2-3 years (Everest Pro 1200) so maybe it was time for a new one. I hope this helps other people having similar issues. And for info i now have a OCZ 1250.

It has nothing to do with OP's case. ARMA 2, Operation Arrowhead and anything and everything related to its engine is utter crap when it comes to multiplayer. I get 60-90 FPS in singleplayer, yet I get 50 FPS tops in empty multiplayer servers. It's the netcode, it's how the game works and it's horrible and obviously is impossible to fix from consumer side.

Also to that "guy" who asked the OP to not be juvenile and said "try to understand where the game comes from and then ''''optimize your PC according to it''''."... You are a horrible person that knows nothing about how the game works and can't keep his mouth shut for the sake of trying to look smart and knows what he's talking about as he spews bullshit that no one should buy into.

Edited by Blacktric

It has nothing to do with OP's case. ARMA 2, Operation Arrowhead and anything and everything related to its engine is utter crap when it comes to multiplayer. I get 60-90 FPS in singleplayer, yet I get 50 FPS tops in empty multiplayer servers. It's the netcode, it's how the game works and it's horrible and obviously is impossible to fix from consumer side.

Also to that "guy" who asked the OP to not be juvenile and said "try to understand where the game comes from and then ''''optimize your PC according to it''''."... You are a horrible person that knows nothing about how the game works and can't keep his mouth shut for the sake of trying to look smart and knows what he's talking about as he spews bullshit that no one should buy into.

The irony is killing me. Inb4 you get a thorough spanking from a mod.

btw all that nonsense you said about multiplayer being "utter crap" is simply not true. i for one see no performance drops and the game runs just as smoothly for me on 100 player servers as it does in single player. do some research before making such sweeping generalizations.

The irony is killing me. Inb4 you get a thorough spanking from a mod.

btw all that nonsense you said about multiplayer being "utter crap" is simply not true. i for one see no performance drops and the game runs just as smoothly for me on 100 player servers as it does in single player. do some research before making such sweeping generalizations.

Implying I care. Not everyone is afraid of speaking their minds just because they may get a "thorough spanking (jesus christ, seriously?)" from a mod.

"btw all that nonsense you said about multiplayer being "utter crap" is simply not true."

I never said multiplayer itself, content wise, was crap. It's fantastic, which makes this even more painful but people who play ARMA 2, Operation Arrowhead, DayZ, Wasteland, Domination and so on, have been reporting these types of massive and "unexplainable" performance drops in multiplayer (in comparison to singleplayer) since game's release and only fix is switching servers, which won't do much good if you're playing a not-so popular mod like Wasteland, and even then the performance is still worse than what you get with singleplayer. And no, this issue is not present in any other game (from casual FPS games like Counter-Strike to military sims like Operation Flashpoint and flight sims) that I'm playing (FPS being affected massively in multiplayer and depending on what server I am I mean).

"do some research before making such sweeping generalizations."

v

"i for one see no performance drops and the game runs just as smoothly for me on 100 player servers as it does in single player." > not generalization, not irony

-Probably live in god knows what great country

-Probably have an i series processor or equievelant

-Ignore everything I said

And then tell me that I am wrong/doing something wrong and blatantly generalizing the issue when in fact I never even claimed that this issue affects everyone.

Edited by Blacktric