Sign in to follow this  
liamlight

GTX 560 Ti bottleneck - Extremely low FPS.

I was testing on a dayz server with people in, heres with doing what you said.

Max settings, (all on very high) in cherno i get: around 15FPS with 20% usage

^^ in NW airfield i get around 25-30FPS constant with 30-35% usage

Needless to say it was alot smoother and even if i only had 15fps it lagged so much less.

Pretty surprised this thread is going for so long. Just lower the cpu heavy settings. Model detail and viewdistance are the biggest killers, shadows should be high or off (low-normal is cpu shadows).

anyway, run the benchmark missions (bench 1 and e08), post the results and your settings so we can compare.

Pretty surprised this thread is going for so long. Just lower the cpu heavy settings. Model detail and viewdistance are the biggest killers, shadows should be high or off (low-normal is cpu shadows).

anyway, run the benchmark missions (bench 1 and e08), post the results and your settings so we can compare.

Arma 2 benchmark average FPS: 27, all settings are on max they can be.

Even when i was on the editer running around 14fps seemed smooth and if i was to be using an enfield i wouldnt have had a problem hitting people with it whereas i would have on an actual server.

all settings are on max they can be

well, that's a bad idea even on the fastest systems.

well, that's a bad idea even on the fastest systems.

I really shouldn't have any problems

E: Like i do anyway.

I really shouldn't have any problems

E: Like i do anyway.

Yes it is a problem for most of us users with high-end computers. You can't run all on MAX.

And you want to run ArmA2 on MAX, then you have to live with that you get low FPS.

Even on my system, i can't run all the settings on MAX.

Yes it is a problem for most of us users with high-end computers. You can't run all on MAX.

And you want to run ArmA2 on MAX, then you have to live with that you get low FPS.

Even on my system, i can't run all the settings on MAX.

I understand that but wether i have it on lowest or max, my fps is still bad.

you got slow office-style(matx) mobo not designed to work as full speed gaming pc.Not fastest graphic card.

All driver setting need to be set to default mod. Game setting set to lowest settings with native monitor resolution.Check your fps with 2000 vd and without any additional settings or mods.Tell me what your resolution and what your fps in default benchmarks 01 02 e08 maps with these settings.

If you still not happy with fps you need to change mobo to intel based (something fresh) and not matx.If you happy with your fps you can try slightly increase quality to see how it is effect performance.If you check what people write about their performance you will find that such low fps normal with your system.

Edited by kotov12345

I was testing on a dayz server with people in, heres with doing what you said.

Needless to say it was alot smoother and even if i only had 15fps it lagged so much less.

Yeah thats correct. MP servers can be laggy in themselves. You can only get so many more FPS than the server FPS, and ALOT of Dayz severs can be slooow. Also there are Server settings that dont alow you to adjust your settings ingame. In my experience 3.8+ (4.4 best) CPUghz is very helpful for AI,VD and ObjectDetail.Your Vidcard is really struggling at 19xx/1xxx.

You will find that some settings you can run high+; AF, Shadows. But testing your best settings on a MP server is problematic.

Still your getting some lack of GPU usage? Which say's bottleneck? Driver? HDD? CPU issue. The low GPU usage has been posted a few times here. You can try AMD Overdrive to see whats up?

As for the comment about a "matx" MB being a issue. is well BS.

I know i shouldnt have AMD for gaming, i know that now, and my MB is crappy. (probs)

I know it must be very frustrating having a machine that really should run Arma 2 without that many hiccups, but seemingly not able to. The cpu and gpu you have should be o.k. for running the game, it really would be great if something turns up that ticks the right box and it all falls in place. AMD is just as good as intel for A2, I run one and it produces what I need for the game using the amount of ai I want in the missions I make (sensible level).

Daft question and no doubt you have answered it or done this already, but have you placed a single unit on a map (you) in a city, then in a wooded area then out in the open and compared frame rates. Don’t move the unit, just look to all points of the compass and make a note of each rate, repeat it in all the areas. Just the one unit, use a BIS unit not a mod, then list the result here, including where the test was done.

Possibly won’t help but its just a test to see the difference’s.

Use a 1000vd in all the areas.

Feel free to say 'no'..:eek:

Edited by ChrisB

I know it must be very frustrating having a machine that really should run Arma 2 without that many hiccups, but seemingly not able to. The cpu and gpu you have should be o.k. for running the game, it really would be great if something turns up that ticks the right box and it all falls in place. AMD is just as good as intel for A2, I run one and it produces what I need for the game using the amount of ai I want in the missions I make (sensible level).

Daft question and no doubt you have answered it or done this already, but have you placed a single unit on a map (you) in a city, then in a wooded area then out in the open and compared frame rates. Don’t move the unit, just look to all points of the compass and make a note of each rate, repeat it in all the areas. Just the one unit, use a BIS unit not a mod, then list the result here, including where the test was done.

Possibly won’t help but its just a test to see the difference’s.

Use a 1000vd in all the areas.

Feel free to say 'no'..:eek:

I did it in elektro and NW airfield.

I did it in elektro and NW airfield.

What were the frame rate results you got?

What were the frame rate results you got?

Check the last page, bottomish post.

Edited by liamlight

i get: around 15FPS with 20% usage

sorry there is no information in it.

People who got 7970 with i7,2011 socket also have 15 fps.

Need to run default benchmark maps with default settings without any mods to say is anything wrong with your pc or not.

Hey, I have the same graphics card as you, and I launched Day Z with Steam with Day Z commander. For some reason, my FPS dropped to 10, and even on the loowest settings it was 15.

So, I exited Day Z, exited Steam, restarted, and launched Day Z without Steam. Boom, 60 FPS.

No idea why, but if you're having that problem try running without Steam.

Hey, I have the same graphics card as you, and I launched Day Z with Steam with Day Z commander. For some reason, my FPS dropped to 10, and even on the loowest settings it was 15.

So, I exited Day Z, exited Steam, restarted, and launched Day Z without Steam. Boom, 60 FPS.

No idea why, but if you're having that problem try running without Steam.

I don't launch with steam.

I know i shouldnt have AMD for gaming, i know that now, and my MB is crappy. (probs)

Wrong! I am on AMD Phenom II X6 and NV 460 GTX - a lovely piece of sh*t- and everything runs fast and smooth... I thought you've already formatted cause watching at your statements I presume your issues lies between pc chair and monitor ;)

Wrong! I am on AMD Phenom II X6 and NV 460 GTX - a lovely piece of sh*t- and everything runs fast and smooth... I thought you've already formatted cause watching at your statements I presume your issues lies between pc chair and monitor ;)

As is my friend and runs better than me with a 560 ti it seems better pcs have lower performance.

You never did say what SSD you have? and size? Do you know what SATA connectors(#1-6) your Storage is on? Did you set your Pagefile to only be on the SSD?(correct way).

There are other threads in this forum about 5xx series sucking on GPU usage. Even Robster has lame usage, tho he say's its fast and smooth.It could be that GPU usage is incorrectly transposed for Nv cards?

Are you running anything on screen during game? As for your frames/FPS I would say your about right where a 560 should be on Cherno with 1920/1080 and grass and clutter. I could be wrong, other 560 users should chime in?

I use "aida64" to log. My 7970 is 100% usage, but it does bounce around when going into the map(2d) and using the Menus in game that also restrict your movement (cant move till menu is closed). Still would like to know how many lanes your 16x slot is using? Your MB only has 22 (the 890FX has 44) shared. have you tried with less RAM, only two slots used? Do you use the top PCI-e 1x slot?

Using a 560 GTX . . . I7 3770K no problems here am running everything on high and game play is smooth no lag. Haven't measured fry framez though.

You never did say what SSD you have? and size? Do you know what SATA connectors(#1-6) your Storage is on? Did you set your Pagefile to only be on the SSD?(correct way).

There are other threads in this forum about 5xx series sucking on GPU usage. Even Robster has lame usage, tho he say's its fast and smooth.It could be that GPU usage is incorrectly transposed for Nv cards?

Are you running anything on screen during game? As for your frames/FPS I would say your about right where a 560 should be on Cherno with 1920/1080 and grass and clutter. I could be wrong, other 560 users should chime in?

I use "aida64" to log. My 7970 is 100% usage, but it does bounce around when going into the map(2d) and using the Menus in game that also restrict your movement (cant move till menu is closed). Still would like to know how many lanes your 16x slot is using? Your MB only has 22 (the 890FX has 44) shared. have you tried with less RAM, only two slots used? Do you use the top PCI-e 1x slot?

OCZ Vertex 3 120GB, I don't know what connector it is in and i can try the pagefile thing if you let me know how:P

I use MSI Afterburner to show fps, nothing else.

Can't really answer the bottom bit as its a bit more technical. I havn't tried with less ram, no.

E: Check this video, i think there may be a problem with my CPU not sure if its normal to do it but heres a video, i had nothing open when doing it

lol looks like amd speedstep technology.Dude,do what I say :)

sell all drivers to detault.all game setting to lowest.set vd 2km.Run default game without any mods or settings or shortcuts benchmark standars maps 02 08 etc and tell use what you will get.After we can compare.Dont forget tell us your resolution.Better if you run 1920 1080 resolution.will be easy to compare.

lol looks like amd speedstep technology.Dude,do what I say :)

sell all drivers to detault.all game setting to lowest.set vd 2km.Run default game without any mods or settings or shortcuts benchmark standars maps 02 08 etc and tell use what you will get.After we can compare.Dont forget tell us your resolution.Better if you run 1920 1080 resolution.will be easy to compare.

It will be 1680 1050.

All lowest on E08 i got 17fps

On all lwoest with texture and terrain on normal i got 18

Agreed on Speedstep doing its thing. You have VSync set to off in game, what about your actual GPU profile for the game? Have you set that to force off as well? Whatever program you are using to launch Arma with, is it set to run as administrator?