Sign in to follow this  
liamlight

GTX 560 Ti bottleneck - Extremely low FPS.

England ~ Next joke hahaha.

Gpu goes to about 51.

May have left it a little late but i just came from arma 2.

I installed Msiafterburner myself. Gigabyte GeForce GTX 560Ti

And no, i dont use that

Well to be fair it has been hot for the last couple of days or so:D. But its running too hot at idle, I think, should be in the 30's somewhere pos top end of 30's, 40 at most idle. Are all the fans working properly?

GPU looks o.k. temp wise.

Was the pc running this hot when you got it ?

Have you got any task manager results regards performance across all the cores, can you have a look ?

It's always been around this temp.

http://i.imgur.com/SPtox.png

O.k bang goes my theory..:confused:

A friend had msi-afterburner and did a kombuster check, seemed o.k. Came out of msi and went into arma 2 to have a play around in the editor, when he got in game the fps had dived and the performance was very poor. He then noticed the cpu temp (shown on the front of his case) had shot up to mid 50’s yet he hadn’t done anything really in-game yet. So he came out of the game, to see if the temps dropped, they didn’t. He then went into task manager to see what was running, the cores (he has 4) were; core 1 full flat out, the other three were bottom lined no activity at all. Seeing that he was not running anything other than the task man, he got pretty worried.

Being the last thing he did he had a look at msi, everything seemed o.k. but he knew that before running kombuster his pc was fine. So he un-installed msi all together inc the kombuster, then re-booted. His temps dropped back to normal and when he went into the game his performance was back to the normal high.

As he liked msi-afterburner for monitoring his fps, temps etc he re-installed from the site again. No further problems have occurred since, however, he will not use the Kombuster side now as he put it down to that..

But your cores look fine, and that’s in game is it ?

O.k bang goes my theory..:confused:

A friend had msi-afterburner and did a kombuster check, seemed o.k. Came out of msi and went into arma 2 to have a play around in the editor, when he got in game the fps had dived and the performance was very poor. He then noticed the cpu temp (shown on the front of his case) had shot up to mid 50’s yet he hadn’t done anything really in-game yet. So he came out of the game, to see if the temps dropped, they didn’t. He then went into task manager to see what was running, the cores (he has 4) were; core 1 full flat out, the other three were bottom lined no activity at all. Seeing that he was not running anything other than the task man, he got pretty worried.

Being the last thing he did he had a look at msi, everything seemed o.k. but he knew that before running kombuster his pc was fine. So he un-installed msi all together inc the kombuster, then re-booted. His temps dropped back to normal and when he went into the game his performance was back to the normal high.

As he liked msi-afterburner for monitoring his fps, temps etc he re-installed from the site again. No further problems have occurred since, however, he will not use the Kombuster side now as he put it down to that..

But your cores look fine, and that’s in game is it ?

Yeah. I also have a thread on another forum: http://www.overclock.net/t/1285085/arma-2-bottleneck/30 so you can maybe look at what they have posted and it may have information, ive generally tried stuff from both of the forums.

I'll keep monitoring cores with more pictures.

GPU and CPU temps of 50-65° C are nothing to worry about.

In fact, all modern CPUs and GPU are capable of running at much higher temps, e.g. 90° C

Personally if a CPU and/or GPU was running at such temps, I'd say there was a problem with the cooling...

For defragging you'll find a decent utility that is freeware in my earlier post.

Set Power Management Mode to 'Prefer Maximum Performance' in nV CP and see if that helps you.

In fact, all modern CPUs and GPU are capable of running at much higher temps, e.g. 90° C

Personally if a CPU and/or GPU was running at such temps, I'd say there was a problem with the cooling...

For defragging you'll find a decent utility that is freeware in my earlier post.

I've defragged my arma 2 and will edit this when i have been ingame.

My pal Minimalaco has the same GPU on an i7 with 6GB RAM and win7 x64... I remember he had the very same problem once... and he tried everything... before going mad he did a format (in fact he did three formats in a round, but it was his own noobish method :) well, the thing is that after a couple of non sleeping nights he magically recovered his PC working at 100%... never knew what was going wrong... and your config is pretty solid to have these kind of minimal performance... certainly is a driver or resident app conflict thing...

SO, the relatively quick method to solve this is: format your main HDD and start fresh all over again ;)

EDIT: Those guys talking about this are wrong:

-maxmem=8192

It won't work since A2OA is a 32 bits app so, the only thing that will work regarding this command is:

-maxmem=2048

saludos washo!

Edited by Robster

My pal Minimalaco has the same GPU on an i7 with 6GB RAM and win7 x64... I remember he had the very same problem once... and he tried everything... before going mad he did a format (in fact he did three formats in a round, but it was his own noobish method :) well, the thing is that after a couple of non sleeping nights he magically recovered his PC working at 100%... never knew what was going wrong... and your config is pretty solid to have these kind of minimal performance... certainly is a driver or resident app conflict thing...

SO, the relatively quick method to solve this is: format your main HDD and start fresh all over again ;)

EDIT: Those guys talking about this are wrong:

-maxmem=8192

It won't work since A2OA is a 32 bits app so, the only thing that will work regarding this command is:

-maxmem=2048

saludos washo!

TBF i can probbaly get away with formatting my HDD but i'd lose all my games as theres not enough room on my SSD for them

TBF i can probbaly get away with formatting my HDD but i'd lose all my games as theres not enough room on my SSD for them
well to get abit offtrack, dont fill your SSD, leave some extra space for GC.

My question is, Is your PCI-e slot running at 16x, or did it fall back to 4x or even 1x. And does your MB slots share a OnBoard Nic? And what Mother Board do you have?

well to get abit offtrack, dont fill your SSD, leave some extra space for GC.

My question is, Is your PCI-e slot running at 16x, or did it fall back to 4x or even 1x. And does your MB slots share a OnBoard Nic? And what Mother Board do you have?

Alright. This is a little complicated for me haha.

Motherboard: GA-880GM-UD2H

I don't know what the other things are. Can someone explain?

Alright. This is a little complicated for me haha.

Motherboard: GA-880GM-UD2H

I don't know what the other things are. Can someone explain?

Hi.

Have you installed the latest AMD Chipset Driver for you motherboard?

May i ask what REV (version) your MB is? (rev.1.0, rev.1.3, rev.1.4 or rev.1.5)

You can also try this driver from AMD: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/raid_windows.aspx

But first try the one that are from your MB: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3475#dl

for GA-880GM-UD2H rev.1.0

1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 (PCIEX16)
(All PCI Express slots conform to PCI Express 2.0 standard.) 

Edited by MJK-Ranger

Hi.

Have you installed the latest AMD Chipset Driver for you motherboard?

May i ask what REV (version) your MB is? (rev.1.0, rev.1.3, rev.1.4 or rev.1.5)

You can also try this driver from AMD: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/raid_windows.aspx

But first try the one that are from your MB: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3475#dl

for GA-880GM-UD2H rev.1.0

1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 (PCIEX16)
(All PCI Express slots conform to PCI Express 2.0 standard.) 

Updated my drivers. We'll see if it has any effect.

the only elements of modern GPU boards designed and able to run on temps above 90'C is power circuitry, but event they start suffer over time[with help of dust, of course].

nothing else onboard, including PCB itself, can sustain such temps PERSISTENTLY/long-time, even SMT elements with ceramic shell suffer, lead-free solder will whip too.

temps about 90'C usually where GPU firmware start throttling load to keep it alive.

of course, NVidia boards, made with higher compromises over that point 2 save manufacturers income, but basically, always good idea to keep GPU under 65'C or preferably[need STRONG airflow]even under 55'C under STRESS-load. bright-point is - there is NOT much games, able to saturate modern GPU's so HARD :)

Updated my drivers. We'll see if it has any effect.

Maybe you can check in your bios settings what is the speed set for your pci-e slot. you dont need arma 2 to test it, just get furmark and it can do a stress test on your gpu while displaying the temp and fps at selected resolution too.If your fan speed are set at auto, you can use the test to adjust the trigger speed.

Maybe you can check in your bios settings what is the speed set for your pci-e slot. you dont need arma 2 to test it, just get furmark and it can do a stress test on your gpu while displaying the temp and fps at selected resolution too.If your fan speed are set at auto, you can use the test to adjust the trigger speed.

Not sure how to check the pci-e slot and im not too sure what you want me to do with furmark. DO you want me to check my GPU is working correctly and max power?

I Really dont understand why it does this on arma, i can run battlefield 3 at max easily.

Not sure how to check the pci-e slot and im not too sure what you want me to do with furmark. DO you want me to check my GPU is working correctly and max power?

I Really dont understand why it does this on arma, i can run battlefield 3 at max easily.

arma 2 runs takistan map at ~12km x12km, battlefield dont even come close to that. Arma 2 will push the gpu to 100% unlike other games, so furmark is a great tool to detect if there's any issue with your gpu running 100%.

arma 2 runs takistan map at ~12km x12km, battlefield dont even come close to that. Arma 2 will push the gpu to 100% unlike other games, so furmark is a great tool to detect if there's any issue with your gpu running 100%.

I actually only play cherno which is 25x25 is it?

I will leave furmark on for 5 minutes. When i did it earlier i got 31FPS constant.

---------- Post added at 15:00 ---------- Previous post was at 14:33 ----------

Did a furmark test

ehH4H.png

---------- Post added at 16:45 ---------- Previous post was at 15:00 ----------

Just played again. My fps was ALOT better. Not sure if it was ramdisk that did it but it was smoother.

I just came off, took this a little late but

N9ZL7.png

It was bouncing around alot.

Have you oc'd your gpu? im sure the 560ti only runs at 820 mhz stock? if you have then try dropping it back down a bit as while 560ti oc's very well every card is different.

Have you oc'd your gpu? im sure the 560ti only runs at 820 mhz stock? if you have then try dropping it back down a bit as while 560ti oc's very well every card is different.

Yea, a few days ago i oc'd it.

I can say since using ramdisk its alot smoother. Any other help will still be appreciated