Sign in to follow this  
roblee

Arma 2 Combined Operations won't run? Please read!!

Hey guys, I recently bought Arma 2 combined operations in hope of playing day Z tonight. Ive been troubleshooting for a couple hours now and still no luck. When i try to run Combined Operations a CMD Prompt quickly flashes and then closes shortly later. After the command prompt closes Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead opens up? I have added the image of what the CMD prompt says in the imgur link. I have tried running it as an administrator and running it as the original game. PLEASE HELP ME!!

Thanks Myke :), System Specs are below

AMD Phenom II X4 945 Processor

8.00 GB ram

AMD Radeon HD 6450

4863 MB Total available graphics memory

QKHpv

Edited by roblee

It doesn't show your image due to postcount restrictions (restriction will be removed once you got enough posts). I'll link it here so people can look at it.

QKHpv.png

Could you please also post your detailed PC specs?

Well make sure you choose to launch ArmA 2 Combined Operations. When I do that a steam window appears telling me it's launching ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead (notice it says OA) then the command prompt appears and the game launches, but it's actually CO. When I go to the editor I got Chernarus and Utes, also I got the USMC + CDF on BLUFOR as well as I got the Russians + Insurgents on OPFOR. And the PMC, ACR ...etc you should check this out too, because the first time I launched the game and I saw that it says "Preparing to launch ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead" I got confused but then I saw I got all the CO content and understood that this is ArmA 2 Combined Operations. I guess you're experiencing this.

Already checked that out. Thanks anyway though! I tried the first mission as well just to make sure and youtubed the Combined operation first mission and they were not the same ! :(

Hi,

I too get a CMD box appear, but it disappears before I can grab a screenshot. After it disappears, one of two things happen. On first run through nothing at all will happen and I'm left staring at my Steam Games. If I re-launch it as CO I get this error :-

No Entry 'bin\config bin/CfgInGameUI/MPTable.shadow'

and then this one :-

Error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0

I have verified the game data and it always says 1 file is missing - it downloads it and then I get stuck in the same cycle - Nothing first time apart from the CMD box, second time error above. Arma 2 runs fine

Any help greatly appreciated

@Silanthril

close Steam, run Steam as admin then run game as admin. There is also a sticky thread about those 2 errors.

:EDITH:

Damned Ninja's. :p

Thanks for the prompt response - couldn't see the stickies for looking!

First post and I break the forum rules - WTG!