Sign in to follow this  

how to make an ArmA 2 CO shortcut?

I have the ACE mod, and i want to make a shortcut for the ACE mod only, i made a shortcut to ArmA 2 OA in my desktop, and used the lines

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe" -nosplash -mod=@CBA -mod=@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_USNavy -mod=BAF -mod=PMC

my question is:

What's the name of the ArmA 2 "mod" so i can use it with ArmA 2 OA?

In case this is the wrong section of the forums, please tell me where i should ask this.

You have ACE shortcut.

you dont need -mod=BAF -mod=PMC , as with Arma2CO is running a light version of BAF and PMC.

What's the name of the ArmA 2 "mod" so i can use it with ArmA 2 OA?

If you have OA installed into the Arma2 directory, and you run Arma2OA.exe then you will be running Arma2 combined ops

which means you will be running Arma2, and OA at the same time, so theres no need to run OA and then "mod" Arma2.

You have ACE shortcut.

you dont need -mod=BAF -mod=PMC , as with Arma2CO is running a light version of BAF and PMC.

If you have OA installed into the Arma2 directory, and you run Arma2OA.exe then you will be running Arma2 combined ops

which means you will be running Arma2, and OA at the same time, so theres no need to run OA and then "mod" Arma2.

i have a steam version, so when i use those lines the game start as ArmA 2 OA, i have tryed almost everything but still i cant make Combined Ops to work

I suggest posting your question in the thread below as it is for all Steam questions:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?73554-ARMA2-amp-OA-s-Steam-Thread-All-Steam-Q-s-discussions-go-here-covered-by-Dwarden

In the future when you post state that your using steam.

i cannot answer your question I dont use steam for Arma series games, unless another can I would ask on that thread.

I suggest posting your question in the thread below as it is for all Steam questions:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?73554-ARMA2-amp-OA-s-Steam-Thread-All-Steam-Q-s-discussions-go-here-covered-by-Dwarden

In the future when you post state that your using steam.

i cannot answer your question I dont use steam for Arma series games, unless another can I would ask on that thread.

but i do believe this has nothing to do with being the steam version, every time i use "-mod=" line on any ArmA 2 shortcut the game starts as ArmA 2 OA, not as ArmA 2 CO

-mod= parameter is only used if you are going to launch a mod, not the game itself.

So dont use it, just run Arma2OA.exe shortcut as is.

For example I have the disc version of the game for Arma2, and the digital download for OA, I installed OA into the Arma2 directory, and run my game using the Arma2OA.exe

Now my target line (as i use a desktop shortcut)

E:\Games\Arma2\arma2oa.exe -nosplash -skipIntro -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@COWarMod;@COWarModSM

I only use -mod= once as that is all that is needed.

For you, using ACE all you should be running based on what you posted is this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe" -nosplash -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_USNavy

not this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe" -nosplash -mod=@CBA -mod=@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_USNavy -mod=BAF -mod=PMC

what is bolded is not needed.

Notice the change just using 1 parameter for one mod, each mod you use you dont need another -mod= parameter, you just need to put a semicolon ---> ; for each mod you add.

You have this right for the ACE mods you have setup.

For further reference on the -mod= parameter and mod setup refer to this page:

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?special=articles/keepitclean.html&newlang=eng

yes says for OFP but its the same for Arma2CO.

Also this page:

Modfolders

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Modfolders

also your setup for CBA is used wrong, you need this:

-mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA

CBA and CBA_A2 and CBA_OA

this combo is needed to run Combined Ops, as ACE requires these files

If you dont have all of cba files then download them here and set them up accordingly:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6231

Does that all make sense?

-mod= parameter is only used if you are going to launch a mod, not the game itself.

So dont use it, just run Arma2OA.exe shortcut as is.

For example I have the disc version of the game for Arma2, and the digital download for OA, I installed OA into the Arma2 directory, and run my game using the Arma2OA.exe

Now my target line (as i use a desktop shortcut)

E:\Games\Arma2\arma2oa.exe -nosplash -skipIntro -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@COWarMod;@COWarModSM

I only use -mod= once as that is all that is needed.

For you, using ACE all you should be running based on what you posted is this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe" -nosplash -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_USNavy

not this:

what is bolded is not needed.

Notice the change just using 1 parameter for one mod, each mod you use you dont need another -mod= parameter, you just need to put a semicolon ---> ; for each mod you add.

You have this right for the ACE mods you have setup.

For further reference on the -mod= parameter and mod setup refer to this page:

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?special=articles/keepitclean.html&newlang=eng

yes says for OFP but its the same for Arma2CO.

Also this page:

Modfolders

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Modfolders

also your setup for CBA is used wrong, you need this:

-mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA

CBA and CBA_A2 and CBA_OA

this combo is needed to run Combined Ops, as ACE requires these files

If you dont have all of cba files then download them here and set them up accordingly:

Does that all make sense?

i think you dont quite understand, i use CBA because i have ArmA 2 CO, however, if i use the same parameters you show, the game wont run with ArmA 2, only with ArmA 2 OA, in result, that wouldn't be CO

1st, for forum etiquette you dont need to quote me as my post is right above yours, just quote parts of what i posted to answer things specifically.

2nd, Arma2CO when runnign mods needs all 3 cba's

hence this page says so:

3rd, you obviously didn't read very well what I had posted

to answer the following:

i use CBA because i have ArmA 2 CO

yes of course but your running ACE mods too, so for Arma2CO aka Combined Ops you need all 3 cba's as stated above.

if i use the same parameters you show, the game wont run with ArmA 2

The parameters I posted are for Arma2CO, your using mods so you need all 3 cba's, and you need to run Arma2oa.exe to launch Arma2CO.

in result, that wouldn't be CO

ya think, so what did I post in my previous post:

I had posted for what you need to launch the game provided you installed OA into the Arma2 directory to get CO is you need to run the following:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe" -nosplash -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX _SM;@ACEX_USNavy

Maybe it is you who do not understand.

I understand perfectly as i run Combined Ops myself with my target line I had posted in my previous post, which is no different then

yours except the difference in folders and game launch which you use steam.

So the question is did you setup your target line with the above line I had posted and does it work for you?

keep in mind that you do need to have all 3 cba folders installed into your Arma2 directory when you have the file names in the target line.

Just launch the game with the said parameters and see if it works.

Thanks, and i am sorry for the misunderstanding

---------- Post added at 21:02 ---------- Previous post was at 20:48 ----------

The parameters I posted are for Arma2CO, your using mods so you need all 3 cba's, and you need to run Arma2oa.exe to launch Arma2CO.

I have all 3 CBA

So the question is did you setup your target line with the above line I had posted and does it work for you?

do you mean all the CBA and the ACE mods? yes, still, the launcher acts like if ArmA 2 content is not loaded with OA, i dont know how to make ArmA 2 content can load with OA also

Try without a launcher, just create a shortcut manually.

To do this, find the Arma2OA.exe then right click it and send to desktop.

Right click that

then

go to properties at the bottom,

and then

go to the top where it says target line, after the exe in the target line put this line:

-nosplash -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX _SM;@ACEX_USNavy

I personally dont use launchers so Im not sure how they run interms of their setup, I have always used desktop shortcuts, and they always work for me.

Only thing i cannot see if it dont work for you is if you dont have OA installed into the Arma2 directory.

If you have created a desktop shortcut and the game wont launch then post your target line and let me see what the issue is.

Just remember 1 space after the exe.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

I have been using the Steam versions for both Arma II and Arma II OA for quite some time now and both of them are in separate folders. I also host a CO server and have never had any issues with loading Arma 2 content when launching my game via a desktop shortcut for Arma II OA. One way to verify if your Arma II content is being loaded is when you get to the main menu screen, click on Expansions and check to see if the box to the left of Arma II is green. If so, then all of your Arma II content is being loaded.

Try without a launcher, just create a shortcut manually.

To do this, find the Arma2OA.exe then right click it and send to desktop.

Right click that

then

go to properties at the bottom,

and then

go to the top where it says target line, after the exe in the target line put this line:

-nosplash -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX _SM;@ACEX_USNavy

I personally dont use launchers so Im not sure how they run interms of their setup, I have always used desktop shortcuts, and they always work for me.

Only thing i cannot see if it dont work for you is if you dont have OA installed into the Arma2 directory.

If you have created a desktop shortcut and the game wont launch then post your target line and let me see what the issue is.

Just remember 1 space after the exe.

launcher is the same thing as shortcut, and i am using a steam version, so, both of the games are on different folders

I have been using the Steam versions for both Arma II and Arma II OA for quite some time now and both of them are in separate folders. I also host a CO server and have never had any issues with loading Arma 2 content when launching my game via a desktop shortcut for Arma II OA. One way to verify if your Arma II content is being loaded is when you get to the main menu screen, click on Expansions and check to see if the box to the left of Arma II is green. If so, then all of your Arma II content is being loaded.

yes, however, if i use a different line on the parameters in the expansions the only things that will appear are the ones that has been loaded in the parameters (in this case, ACE and CBA)

my problem is that doing that ArmA 2 content wont load together with ArmA 2 OA, so, i need to find the name of the parameter i need to load ArmA 2 also