Sign in to follow this  
BeerHunter

Did Six Updater screw up my installation?

Made the mistake of updating through Six Updater that installed the latest 1.62 RC since the TG servers installed it.

THEN I read that this RC MAY not allow you to install the 1.62 patch when it's released and I never had the opportunity to back up my installation folder. Six Updater never asked me if I wanted to install the update , it just went ahead and did it.

Is my installation screwed now?

If you want to play on pre 1.62 servers yes.

Then one could argue that you screwed up your installation, not Six Updater ;)

six updater don't update your game unless you ask him to do that. in my opinion i think you just install the beta and not the RC just check if it's the beta on six updater (on one of the preset check if you have expansion/beta or something like that)

ANND the last thing , do you think it's the good thread to post that ? i think everything related to sixupdater go on sixupdater thread , no ?

Six Updater is not a beta patch.

I did ask SU to update , true , and unfortunately my game version is now 1.62.95168

WARNING : This update will modify your existing game installation.

Rollback to previous version is not possible.

Upgrading to the final 1.62 patch also may not be possible.

It is recommended to back up your full installation folder and profile folder first (you can restore those before applying the final patch).

As always, use at your own risk. Thanks a lot for your support!

Guess I'm just screwed. Lesson learned. Check forums before allowing SU to update anything BI related.

I did ask SU to update , true , and unfortunately my game version is now 1.62.95168

Guess I'm just screwed. Lesson learned. Check forums before allowing SU to update anything BI related.

Sorry but you've learned the wrong lesson.

Our software doesn't touch the game itself, at best it touches mods including the official beta patch.

Yes the official Beta patch was updated to v1.62, but you can:

a) Run without Beta patch (aka the official game version, which is still v1.60, unless you manually patched it to 1.6x RC)

b) Install an older Beta patch yourself: http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

If you're using SIX Launcher, and don't want it to update the Beta patch, you can turn it off in the Options. In that case, delete the Beta folder entirely, and manually install whichever you prefer.

We already have dedicated Six-Updater threads here and here.

I fail to see why you had to start yet another one for your problem.

§7) Search before posting

If you have a question, please use the forum search function before posting to make sure that it hasn't been answered before. There is a big chance it has, not only does searching help to keep the forum free of multiple threads it will also help you to get an answer much quicker.

One would think that after 5 years you know the rules.