Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 95208 (1.62 MP build)

WARNING: this build is not MP(multiplayer) compatible with 1.60 and 1.61 version of A2: OA/A2: CO!

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

mirror: http://www.gamefront.com/files/22012233/ARMA2_OA_Build_95208.zip

* more crashfixes

* fixed some crashes and MP issues (it means to stabilize MP we need change major version to 1.62)

* fixed bad playername issue

+ beta in Sync with 1.62 RC2 candidate for these who don't want install 1.62 RC2

+new BE installers included within

+ some other fixes

BattlEye status: ... SUPPORTED ...

is there a way to deinstall it? I might got updated via SIx Updater - did it not do manually and cant join any Game.. (besides dayz i guess)

Six Updater has done this to me as well. Ridiculous. I now have a beta patch installed that I didn't even know about, much less want, and can't play any MP servers other than DayZ. Why don't they warn stupid idiots like me that this is going to happen? I would have opted out if I was given an option.

Its best if Six Updater does not allow betas to be available. Keep it a manual process for those who wish to test.

is there a way to deinstall it? I might got updated via SIx Updater - did it not do manually and cant join any Game.. (besides dayz i guess)

See the How to revert to an older Beta version FAQ section: http://www.six-updater.net/p/documentation.html

---------- Post added at 16:35 ---------- Previous post was at 16:27 ----------

Six Updater has done this to me as well. Ridiculous. I now have a beta patch installed that I didn't even know about, much less want, and can't play any MP servers other than DayZ. Why don't they warn stupid idiots like me that this is going to happen? I would have opted out if I was given an option.
Its best if Six Updater does not allow betas to be available. Keep it a manual process for those who wish to test.
Thanks for the feedback, it would be beneficial if you could let us know in the future, instead of resorting to luck that we find your post somewhere on the forum :)

I am lost. What is the difference between this beta and ARMA 2: OA 1.62 (Release Candidate #2) build 95208, apart from the RC#2 text?

Which should i install to be able to play vanilla CO and dayz?

I installed ARMA2_OA_Build_94876 last and now i'm being kicked out of the game from all servers due to BatlEye. Then i tried to manually update BatlEye but once i do that i can't connect to a server, it says batlyeye doesn't respond. This was joining dayz servers only. Vanilla sp works fine.

20:02:43 BattlEye Server: Could not connect to BE Master

20:02:43 BattlEye Server: Update attempt failed

Yesterday it lasts 2 hours! Now same, beginning....

I changed nothing and it sure is not my fault. So whats up?

Edit: So server just got updated to 1.149..

And still

20:12:52 BattlEye Server: Failed to receive from BE Master (2)

20:12:52 BattlEye Server: Update attempt failed

It wont update to 1.165! It want to but then "Failed to receive from BE Master (2)" - every day the same...sigh!!!

Manually updated from Be page now.

Edited by ShadowDuke

Please, this is quite important to me:

-does this patch fix the problem about seeing twice the usermade campaigns in the menu?

-does this patch fix the problem with the briefing in editor? (see this thread http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?133138-Weird-problem-with-briefing)

thanks in advance for any response (positive or not)

moreover, if Dwarden or any BI dev. can read this, please can you have a look about these problems?

thanks

zeep, from what I can tell (and have experienced) you CANNOT install the 1.62 beta's, as it will then STOP you from playing vanilla ARMA2 1.60.

The Beta's were always stand-alone executables when I was using them, but it seems to get BattlEye compatible with 1.61 and 1.62, they also have to update the BattlEye files (in the root ARMA2 server folder and in the users profile folder), and these aren't backwards compatible.

Dwarden did have a disclaimer that it's not backwards compatible, but it's a little confusing and vague. Most players (such as myself) would read that disclaimer and still assume you can play vanilla 1.60 by NOT running the Beta, like we always have. That's not the case now, so anyone who's playing DayZ and HAS to upgrade to this beta, is now truly stuffed and can't play Domination, Warfare, or any other training night with their clan buddies.

Six Updater should list the beta version you are about to download, and let you read the change log BEFORE you install the update.

BIS in general just need to put a bit more thought into these beta releases and what kind of effect it has on PLAYERS and SERVERS.

Was quite an inconvenient time for us. The 1.62 beta messed up our PvP night on Friday. Had to update the server to latest Beta as all the DayZ players couldn't join 1.60. Then all ARMA2 players had to go install the latest Beta, but that meant they couldn't play Warfare, Domination or any other game afterwards (understandably, most didn't update).

How BIS could release such an update with such a minor warning (hidden on a forum threat at that) makes me shake my head in dis-sapointment. Of course BIS/Dwarden will say "well they should have read the thread"... clearly something someone out of touch with majority of players would say though. You think those 500,000+ DayZ players come and read the beta threads every-time before they click Update in Six Launcher?

P.S:

I installed 95208 on 2 servers, and it didn't update BattlEye, but I can't start a server then, unless I copy across the BE DLL's from a server I first updated to 1.61 beta on (which updated BattlEye). So seems there's no BE update in this beta patch.

Edited by Freeborne

For steam users, you can just use steam to re-validate the files for all Arma stuff. It'll download roughly 400MB of files to "roll back" to 1.60. Then click on OA; tell it to reinstall BattleEye, and then make sure to run it once from steam before trying to use your favorite launcher otherwise you'll get CD-key errors. Problem solved. And perhaps a +1 for steam finally? :P

Unknowncheats updatet their stuff. Ppl now can spawn gear again easy, etc. scripts.txt is useless now! BE needs to update their stuff!!

zeep, from what I can tell (and have experienced) you CANNOT install the 1.62 beta's, as it will then STOP you from playing vanilla ARMA2 1.60.

The Beta's were always stand-alone executables when I was using them, but it seems to get BattlEye compatible with 1.61 and 1.62, they also have to update the BattlEye files (in the root ARMA2 server folder and in the users profile folder), and these aren't backwards compatible.

Dwarden did have a disclaimer that it's not backwards compatible, but it's a little confusing and vague. Most players (such as myself) would read that disclaimer and still assume you can play vanilla 1.60 by NOT running the Beta, like we always have. That's not the case now, so anyone who's playing DayZ and HAS to upgrade to this beta, is now truly stuffed and can't play Domination, Warfare, or any other training night with their clan buddies.

Six Updater should list the beta version you are about to download, and let you read the change log BEFORE you install the update.

BIS in general just need to put a bit more thought into these beta releases and what kind of effect it has on PLAYERS and SERVERS.

Was quite an inconvenient time for us. The 1.62 beta messed up our PvP night on Friday. Had to update the server to latest Beta as all the DayZ players couldn't join 1.60. Then all ARMA2 players had to go install the latest Beta, but that meant they couldn't play Warfare, Domination or any other game afterwards (understandably, most didn't update).

How BIS could release such an update with such a minor warning (hidden on a forum threat at that) makes me shake my head in dis-sapointment. Of course BIS/Dwarden will say "well they should have read the thread"... clearly something someone out of touch with majority of players would say though. You think those 500,000+ DayZ players come and read the beta threads every-time before they click Update in Six Launcher?

P.S:

I installed 95208 on 2 servers, and it didn't update BattlEye, but I can't start a server then, unless I copy across the BE DLL's from a server I first updated to 1.61 beta on (which updated BattlEye). So seems there's no BE update in this beta patch.

Thank you for the explanation Freeborne.

I was one of the people who didn't read into the beta post before updating.. :( This time.. Having used the beta's for years, i normally check every post.

I can imagine for people like yourself that run servers with multiple games/mods, this is no fun at all.

Anyone know where the single patch to update Arma 2, OA, PMC and BAF may be or do I really need to download 6 patches just to get it back to where it was ? Genius on the RC releases.

That's not the case now, so anyone who's playing DayZ and HAS to upgrade to this beta, is now truly stuffed and can't play Domination, Warfare, or any other training night with their clan buddies.

sry but this is NOT true;

I can switch betas on the fly and play on every server without generating battleye errors :)

no no, that´s the correct one: includes everything you need, inclusive addons;

OA just started with 1.50 :P

I am lost. What is the difference between this beta and ARMA 2: OA 1.62 (Release Candidate #2) build 95208, apart from the RC#2 text?

Which should i install to be able to play vanilla CO and dayz?

I installed ARMA2_OA_Build_94876 last and now i'm being kicked out of the game from all servers due to BatlEye. Then i tried to manually update BatlEye but once i do that i can't connect to a server, it says batlyeye doesn't respond. This was joining dayz servers only. Vanilla sp works fine.

Beta = installs a few files into a new folder ([path to game directory]\Arma2\Expansion\beta\), can thus be easily deinstalled by just deleting this folder. Can only be used with the proper shortcut, which starts the beta executable and some extra files, but that means you are also able to play the non-beta version of your game by using the normal shortcut that doesn't start the beta. Brings only changes in the engine, not different textures or something like that. A Beta only increases the build number (the 5-digit one, e.g. 95208), not the game version (e.g. 1.62 or something), and thus is compatible with all other betas that bear the same game version. Betas are brought out in quite regular intervals. If you want to see what improvements the next official patch might bring, you can use them, but are not forced to. Often they improve the game a bit, sometimes it gets worse and you better reverse to an older beta until it's fixed (that's why it's called a beta and is not an officially released patch).

RC (release candidate) = works like (and is a testing version of) an official patch, i.e. overwrites a vast number of core game files and changing content, can bring new content like different models, maps, textures etc. But CANNOT be deinstalled so easily, you either have to reinstall the game from scratch or revert it to a backup you made before. Increases the version number, so is not compatible with servers or clients which don't use the same version. RCs usually only appear a short while before the next official patch. Using RCs is a bad idea if you just want to play, they are meant for dedicated people in the community who have the time and knowledge to help the developers.

Battle Eye support usually is added within a few hours after a new beta (or RC for that matter) is out, so you might want to wait that time before you use it to play.

Maybe someone should write a proper explanation in a sticky, obviously not only brand new players but also guys who are around for ten years are confused by the different patch types. Sure it may be over in a couple of days when the final 1.62 is done, but the mayhem will start all over next time with 1.63.

Single player missions are not working for me with the RC patches. Screen loads to a view of the mission or as a bird! Custom and original!

Single player missions are not working for me with the RC patches. Screen loads to a view of the mission or as a bird! Custom and original!

If you have Dayz mod installed, you need to disable it first to be able to play normal game content. Hopefully some future Dayz releases will make this more apparent to prevent user launching normal game when it is not possible.

Beta = installs a few files into a new folder ([path to game directory]\Arma2\Expansion\beta\), can thus be easily deinstalled by just deleting this folder. Can only be used with the proper shortcut, which starts the beta executable and some extra files, but that means you are also able to play the non-beta version of your game by using the normal shortcut that doesn't start the beta. Brings only changes in the engine, not different textures or something like that. A Beta only increases the build number (the 5-digit one, e.g. 95208), not the game version (e.g. 1.62 or something), and thus is compatible with all other betas that bear the same game version. Betas are brought out in quite regular intervals. If you want to see what improvements the next official patch might bring, you can use them, but are not forced to. Often they improve the game a bit, sometimes it gets worse and you better reverse to an older beta until it's fixed (that's why it's called a beta and is not an officially released patch).

RC (release candidate) = works like (and is a testing version of) an official patch, i.e. overwrites a vast number of core game files and changing content, can bring new content like different models, maps, textures etc. But CANNOT be deinstalled so easily, you either have to reinstall the game from scratch or revert it to a backup you made before. Increases the version number, so is not compatible with servers or clients which don't use the same version. RCs usually only appear a short while before the next official patch. Using RCs is a bad idea if you just want to play, they are meant for dedicated people in the community who have the time and knowledge to help the developers.

Battle Eye support usually is added within a few hours after a new beta (or RC for that matter) is out, so you might want to wait that time before you use it to play.

Maybe someone should write a proper explanation in a sticky, obviously not only brand new players but also guys who are around for ten years are confused by the different patch types. Sure it may be over in a couple of days when the final 1.62 is done, but the mayhem will start all over next time with 1.63.

Quoted for good information!

The BAF Jackal HMG main gun has a potentially game-breaking bug, and this has been there since at least 1.60.

If you have a rilfe with range-adjustment capability, simply getting into the gunner position and exiting results in the range display disappearing. Although adjustment still seems to work, there is no way of knowing to what the range is set.

CIT created: https://dev-heaven.net/issues/38229

I hope this can be fixed for 1.62 official, at least.

Arma X full install with CO1.60/1.11 on XP Pro 32.

But in it's current state, regardless of the RC version, doesn't the beta change Batlleye files?

The BAF Jackal HMG main gun has a potentially game-breaking bug, and this has been there since at least 1.60.

Repro'd. Ticket updated.