Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery AKA how to make a quick buck...

I just had a glance at Twitch.tv and it seems there are more people playing it than I thought there would be. Not sure on the status of the developers though.

Re-released on steam, currently listed as #20 in terms of sales, well beneath both Arma II : Complete (#16) and Arma II : CO (#9). Glad to see after the shitstorm they have endured that people are no longer mistaking War Z for Day Z. They should now abandon the project within a month given the commercial flop.

Re the Xsolla black listing: Yep, seems true enough. I got a refund, and now, a few months later I'm into War Thunder, managed by Xsolla. For some strange reason I have been unable to buy Golden Eagles (a sort of premium currency, e.g. some planes can only be bought with this currency, and not the one you earn by playing) on the two seperate occassions that I have attempted to buy it. So, needless to say, if you're not already aware of it, don't buy WarZ, or anything that Xsolla is involved with.

Now that has to be the last nail in the coffin

What makes you think that?

WarZ is now called Infestation: Survivor Stories

infes-1_zps1a077873.jpg

new name , same content ... failure to even try release update with it ;)

Honestly, I feely really ashamed for those who have put money towards this company and specifically Sergey Titov...

Good marketing strategy on par with the game lol

World war z film allover tv , hmm lets change name ! Pushed or another fall ?

They had to change the name because of it´s similiartiy to World War Z. I think aramount threatened to sue them

i'm suprised this game is still alive

"Greetings Survivors!

Effective today, The War Z has changed its name to Infestation: Survivor Stories. This change has come about primarily as a result of some confusion and trademark issues with a similarly titled property. While we were reluctant to rename the game so long after launch, especially with nearly 1 million registered players, it was ultimately decided to be in the best interest of our existing community as well as future players in order to eliminate confusion. Please rest assured that this will in NO WAY affect you as players. The only difference you will see is the change in logo and website. There will be no interruption of service or change in content.

So, welcome to Infestation: Survivor Stories - have fun and stay alive!"

LOL, no shit :p

I am not sure if this was widely known already, but i just noticed that Sergey Titov is also related to the development of

, widely regarded as the worst game ever made. :D