Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery AKA how to make a quick buck...

Myke;2266859']Comparing apples with pears' date=' aren't we? Making a remake of a 24 year old game isn't quite comparable to jumping on a hype to make a quick buck. Also with ArmA 3, just because 2 games share the same timeframe doesn't make them directly compareable by default.[/quote']

CC failed it's fans, it pushed out a piece,of crap with little replayability... a cheap buck imo and that has little to do with time.

Yeah, because BIS is trying to compete with Activision. Right.

I didn't say that, you think bis is not wanting more gamers and thier $$? Get a clue.

Ripping off? How?

What, was promised and what was delivered we're to different things.

;2266883']Welcome to the forums sergey' date=' now please go away.[/quote']

Actually im not going anywhere and suggest you learn to live with other peoples options and ideas because this is a big planet and you don't decide what everyone thinks, even if you're too immature to realize that now.

Plus you remember here just like me, and the only power you hold here is the ability to edit your own posts.

welcome to internet forum reality kid.

Edited by DurbanPoison_VoD

That isn´t Sergey, his english is quite good.

But anyway CC isn´t the topic of this thread right?

;2267224']Keep crying Sergey' date=' your game is crap, get over it. :)[/quote']

you're obviously got bad blood with someone here and are eager to argue- unfortunately we don't know each other and I don't really feel compelled to continue interacting with with you.

/done.

What, was promised and what was delivered we're to different things.

Can you name some promised, not delivered features in ArmA series? I remember quite a lot not promised, yet delivered, like in-mission modules or artillery computer, but other way, no, not really.

And, while you're at it, explain please what it has to do with "ripping off CoD". No one-liners if possible, please explain.

That isn´t Sergey, his english is quite good.

But anyway CC isn´t the topic of this thread right?

I know it isn't, just a guy who comes to a bis forum and flamebaits its fans from post uno.

---------- Post added at 01:23 ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 ----------

fortunately we don't know each other and I don't really feel compelled to continue interacting with you.

/done.

/corrected

Edited by VIPER[CWW]

Can you name some promised, not delivered features in ArmA series? I remember quite a lot not promised, yet delivered, like in-mission modules or artillery computer, but other way, no, not really.

And, while you're at it, explain please what it has to do with "ripping off CoD". No one-liners if possible, please explain.

I was referring to CC not arma and the the comment regarding the marketing rip of had to do with an arma3 poster that look exactly like a COD 1... it has some bearded Special Forces jackass on the cover... the Facebook comments pointed this out as well.

you fanboys need to stop acting like arma is your mother... it's a game people. getting so butthurt hurt so easily give this game a bad name. man up already.

If I recall well, CoD1 was WW2 game. Bearded Special Forces jackass?

Edited by boota

Yeah, that's funny Durban. No CoD game has had a bearded SF guy on the cover, but whatever makes your boat float.

If I recall well, CoD1 was WW2 game. Bearded Special Forces jackass?

I'm sorry but you misunderstood my sentence... I speak my text into my phone. I said the arma 3 poster was compared to a similar looking one that was released for call of duty or maybe it was Medal of Honor... I couldn't say for sure because those games all look the same to me. I saw it was months ago on A3 Facebook page, go check the image page for yourself.

Ofp had some really cool players who could crack jokes and insults at each other and also take their... I'm not surprised you don't understand anything I said here.... And I really don't care enough to continue with it. And for the record, disagreeing with opinions is not Flamebaiting.... what world do you live in kid? You only talk to people who agree with you and your ideas? Im really surprised at the attitude of some of the members and their comments... I honestly expected a more mature forum community for Bohemia.

back on topic... warZ idea stolen from dayZ.... I think competition is good and may the best game win... Trees grow big in colorado...lol

Edited by DurbanPoison_VoD

CC wasn't a ripoff in any way. BIS didn't lie about anything. There are two major problems with CC however. The first one is that Black Element cloned the gameplay from '80s without improving it in any way (the example of how it's done right is Battlezone '80s -> Battlezone '98). This was known and criticized at these forums long before the release. And the second one is that it was done by Black Element Software. Truth is they aren't good devs (see Alpha Prime).

So basically you got an almost 1:1 clone of the '80s game with only marginal improvements to the formula. If you followed at least some press about the game you would've known about all the issues that would bring CC down.

Can we refocus back on the train wreck please? Are they getting sued yet?

Man I hope the lawsuit is brewing. That will be the epic ending to this show.

CC wasn't a ripoff in any way. BIS didn't lie about anything. There are two major problems with CC however. The first one is that Black Element cloned the gameplay from '80s without improving it in any way (the example of how it's done right is Battlezone '80s -> Battlezone '98). This was known and criticized at these forums long before the release. And the second one is that it was done by Black Element Software. Truth is they aren't good devs (see Alpha Prime).

So basically you got an almost 1:1 clone of the '80s game with only marginal improvements to the formula. If you followed at least some press about the game you would've known about all the issues that would bring CC down.

Relevant note for readers of this thread when it comes to Carrier Command: XCOM: Enemy Unknown was specifically promoted as being different 'enough' from the original to be accessible for newcomers, which apparently did help when it came to the marketing, and I recall "here's how to play" tutorial videos being posted on YouTube being no small part of that. Might that have helped CC? Who knws...

I'm sorry but you misunderstood my sentence...

LOL, indeed, I misunderstood, it's not like you confuse facts and change topic, once proved wrong, or asked for concretes.

I said the arma 3 poster was compared to a similar looking one that was released for call of duty or maybe it was Medal of Honor... I couldn't say for sure because those games all look the same to me. I saw it was months ago on A3 Facebook page, go check the image page for yourself.

Yep, all of them have soldiers in the middle

Ofp had some really cool players who could crack jokes and insults at each other and also take their... I'm not surprised you don't understand anything I said here.... And I really don't care enough to continue with it. And for the record, disagreeing with opinions is not Flamebaiting....

Mate, you provide statements you can't prove, or outright false, keep doing that after it was pointed out, defending your opinion by calling others "kids" "immatures", saying, it's not you're wrong, it's others just ignorant. So yeah, not flamebaiting at all.

4/10 Made me reply

Can we go back to topic, please? The Troll is put on diet actually so no point in feeding him.

GameSpy's The War Z Review

imgs_stars_0.5.gif

Awful

Pros:

• Atmospheric
  • Long view distance
  • Full refunds available

Cons:

• Rife with hackers
  • Death is far too frequent
  • Missing features

"We don't hand out half-star ratings lightly. This is independent of our disgust with Executive Producer Sergey Titov's insulting attitude -- Craig's speaking strictly as a gamer who felt ripped off after playing. And yes, if DayZ were being sold in its current, unfinished state, we'd have similar problems with it. But it ain't!"

youre_winner_sticker-p217387381454196392env5v_152.jpg

^ This :D

____

In the IGN video on that gamespy rview, does WarZ actually use the same 1:1 weapon customization as Crysis? Hilarious.... EA should like that.

@1:53

Edited by VIPER[CWW]

Pro:

-Full Refunds vailable

:581:

Well, if you bought it on Steam. I had a heck of a problem getting a refund. My tip to anyone who didn't buy it from Steam is to just send an email to their support. Their customer support chat consists of a bunch of people who decide not to respond for ten minutes, which automatically closes the chat, or who have massive attitude problems as in contradict themselves, threaten, lie, etc. just to get you to keep your game and not get a refund.

have massive attitude problems

Speaking of which: (Obviously I can't verify whether or not it's been PS'd but it popped up in the thread asking people to vote on Metacritic, which incidentally is sitting at 1.2 user score)

Ban Message WarZ

Wow indeed. That should be shown to all the reviewing sites out there, photoshopped or not.

The last few pages have been highly entertaining after a shite day at work :p