Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery AKA how to make a quick buck...

Well, just readed (is that correct?) an transcription of that. The cheating part: he said that once he get the Dev's God mode, he will kill bandits that kill inocent people in the servers. Then gave some aimpoints, ACOGs, weapons and vests for some people. And thats it. PS: Stats\weapons will be reseted once Beta is achieved.

He also said that the game will not feature helos (map is too small) nor armed APCs. Fuel will be rare!

Players may plant and "craft" food.

Zombies will be much dangerous and numerous.

They may add a jail system or something like that.

That's what they said, now we wait....

He also said that the game will not feature helos (map is too small)

ha ..... a wilderness survival game where the map is small ........

Gez ..... that sounds like a PvP to me.

It's like Codies all over again... Seems like ARMA or BI is haunted. Those who try to mimic/copy will doom to fail... Many have tried, none succeeds

I haven't really been following the WarZ development until today, but now that I've read up on what has happened so far... wow. I had a feeling it would be a bad rip-off, but it seems to be much, much worse.

No wonder Rocket has warmed up to the possibility of pushing the DayZ standalone alpha into next year - the "competition" was DOA.

Really sorry story. But man, they sure got their money's worth for the little effort they put into this project. 10 Million bucks? Even a conservative 5 probably would cover the expenses and turn up a decent profit.

And then you got honest companies always skirting along the edge of being broke by producing decent projects over a long time, which people then proceed to rip from various torrent sites because they don´t want to spend the 40 bucks to enjoy a properly made game, and they had to wait "too long" to get it.

Sad, ponces on both sides of the fence. This wasn´t even close to turning into a Dragon Rising.

Well CM at least TRIED to make a good game. They failed hard at delivering the promised stuff, but at least they tried....

good read Tonci87, my favourite part is how one of the devs justifying charging it's player-base real money (after purchase) to set up clans, blaming it on server costs.. hi-fucking-larious.

Could anyone give a quick summary? Havn't read this topic since page 1 XD

Well, this is what I've gathered so far:

• They're charging full price for the game but have "pay2win" stuff on top of that, e.g. you can buy weapon attachments and ammo in their store, for money.
  • Also, you need to pay real money to create a clan. Seriously.
  • Pretty much every claim they made about the game before release is apparently a lie. It's basically a rushed mod for War Inc.
  • The pre-release "screenshots" have turned out to be a load of BS. (No hordes of zombies, no vehicles, etc.)
  • Any criticism of the game is deleted from their forums and the critics are insta-banned.
  • There are even several reports of them trying to deny people refunds.
  • Admins/GMs have been proven to be cheating, spawning gear for themselves and their friends and banning people at will.
  • Despite the dev's claims, hacking is said to be just as rampant as in the DayZ mod.

That's off the top of my head. :)

I find it especially funny that not a single shred of info or even an announcement about the game was seen before June 2012 and the domain, Facebook page, Twitter account etc. were all registered or started activity in late May or June. Everything about the WarZ development suddenly popped up around that time (incidentally right when the DayZ mod was starting to gain mainstream attention, according to Google Trends), but Sergey Titov claims that it has been in development for 2+ years.

Then look at the game itself, how most of the assets are direct ports from War Inc., the map is apparently being lazily thrown together bit by bit, the whole UI is just a reskin of War Inc. etc. And yet, when the alpha was released in October, the game was in a barely playable state. Seems more like something a couple of people slapped together in ~5-6 months, rather than 2,5 years.

That's the same post from the RhinoCrunch forums someone linked to a couple of pages back. The guy actually tried to have it deleted and posted a "retraction" video after he was contacted by WarZ's / Titov's lawyer(s). Apparently he is now best chums with Titov again. xD

He has presumably come to realize just how much he values the integrity of his knee caps.

Short summary:

Devin is an asshole.

He knew this stuff all the time and still remained moderator on their forums, banning people.

Someone hacked his account and they threw him out.

He makes this Post telling the truth about WarZ

A "Lawyer" approaches him and threatens him with god knows what.

At the same time Titov offers him a job in the company if he makes a "sorry I didn´t tell the truth, WarZ is awesome" video.

Devin makes that Video

Now threatens Rhinocrunch that he will face consequences if he doesn´t delete Devins Posts from his forum.

You really should read the last few pages of that thread on Rhinocrunchs forums, its hillarious.

Starting on this page with his post

http://www.rhinocrunch.com/forum/general-discussion-of-things-and-such/82-hey-rhino-you-were-right-about-warz?start=75

LOL .... and the last post by "Trinity" is a contrast.... pumping it up as a good game, then for some bizarre reason bags DayZ ..... it must be written by a WaRZ staffer or a relative LOL

There is allegedly "proof" that Titov and other WarZ staffers have been using sock puppet accounts to promote their game, though I haven't actually seen it so I can't say for sure.

However, considering the shady tactics they seem to be using so far, it would not surprise me at all.

Very entertaining read. And all this was created from Dean 'Rocket' Hall, the brain child of a once popular mod.:nener: HammerPoint Interactive (Nice copy name of B' Interactive) should be ashamed, probably the biggest scam in the gaming industry to date

Gnat;2263478']LOL .... and the last post by "Trinity" is a contrast.... pumping it up as a good game' date=' then for some bizarre reason bags DayZ ..... it must be written by a WaRZ staffer or a relative LOL[/quote']

Hilarious Quote of the day "I play it with my entire family (parents, brother, cousin, aunt, boyfriend, gran) we really have fun."

There is allegedly "proof" that Titov and other WarZ staffers have been using sock puppet accounts to promote their game, though I haven't actually seen it so I can't say for sure.

However, considering the shady tactics they seem to be using so far, it would not surprise me at all.

Titov got banned several times off the DayZ forums for sock puppet accounts

and Roman S. got outed so many times he finally confessed via his sock account that he was a dev.

They do the same thing on Youtube.

Jeez... this changed from a interesting zombie title to a pathetic scam, i'm glad i steered clear :)