Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery AKA how to make a quick buck...

What engine is it running?

mLU6BvTeF9E

At least the weapon controls are intuitive and ragdolls are present. (And yes, that's you, ArmA III, that I'm looking at) If this "War Z" is going to be on the derpboxes, say good bye to high resolution textures and welcome to motion blur, DOF, lens flare overlays.

The first video looks and sounds very staged and the new screenhots look very much like you'll be playing in a very small area with mountains added in the background to give the illusion the maps are bigger.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/09/05/the-war-zs-colorado-map-size-detailed

The guy behind this won't give straight answers about map sizes and the "Features" list is lifted straight from the DayZ forums.

Rocket mentioned a short time ago about notes and messages left on players, shortly afterwords that appeared as a WarZ feature.

It's War Inc [Which is crap] with a bunch of stuff lifted from DayZ.

The glowing loot is evidence enough as to where this game is headed. [ F.E.A.R 1 vs F.E.A.R 2/3.... hand holding, console style play]

The good thing that could come out of this is the kiddies jump ship to go play the COD/L4D game

and maybe the hackers will go along with them.

Edited by jblackrupert

Wasn't Sergei Titov an important guy behind the development of Big Rigs: OTT?

Yes

http://yourewinner.com/wiki/index.php5?title=Sergey_Titov

Here's a real gem from him.

"I don't think that DayZ fans should be worried about future of their favorite project. DayZ have phenomenal strong community

it's growing day by day and I don't think you should worry that some other game will come and destroy "your home" so to say.

Call of Duty didn't destroyed Battlefied. It actually made it better"

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/44652-warz-madness

He's basically trolling the DayZ forums picking up some more ideas to claim is going to be in WarZ

and the usual crowd of suckers are lapping it up.

Busted for sock puppet accounts: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/44652-warz-madness/#entry427228

I'm sure he's got a few more sock puppet accounts to keep those ever appearing WarZ threads alive.

It's going to be Dragon Rising/Red river all over again.

Edited by jblackrupert

Hey, let the best man win. I'm quite confident they will not be able to compete in the map size department and everything will be derivative from that: not enough land to explore -> c00l bunnyhop action per square metre, pl0x -> deathmatch extraordinaire.

Yes

http://yourewinner.com/wiki/index.php5?title=Sergey_Titov

Here's a real gem from him.

"I don't think that DayZ fans should be worried about future of their favorite project. DayZ have phenomenal strong community

it's growing day by day and I don't think you should worry that some other game will come and destroy "your home" so to say.

Call of Duty didn't destroyed Battlefied. It actually made it better"

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/44652-warz-madness

He's basically trolling the DayZ forums picking up some more ideas to claim is going to be in WarZ

and the usual crowd of suckers are lapping it up.

Busted for sock puppet accounts: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/44652-warz-madness/#entry427228

I'm sure he's got a few more sock puppet accounts to keep those ever appearing WarZ threads alive.

It's going to be Dragon Rising/Red river all over again.

Yes.

I´m pretty sure that even the DayZ Alpha build will still be better than this crap, not to speak of the DayZ Stand alone title in the works.

Well hopefully the standalone won't be a rushed mess.

DayZ for me is completly unplayable with other people on the server, it's now nothing but a pointless deathmatch or some bug/glitchy zombie killing you from 40 feet away.

WarZ can have all the DM and hackers they want.

If you pay attention to both the DayZ and WarZ site you'll see what Sergey is doing, as soon as Rocket mentions a new feature

or a DayZ player gives a good idea for one it'll pop up on the WarZ site within a few hours.

The guy is just sleazy to the max, why anyone would want to give him any money is beyond me.... but then again, thats why Nigerian 411 and penis pills scams are so successful.

Edited by jblackrupert

The guy narrating the 'WarZ scam' video is a buffoon. He claims that he doesn't want anyone who's stupid enough to buy WarZ to play DayZ, yet he's still doing his darndest to talk them out of buying WarZ. He sounds like he's going to cry. Retarded...

Well hopefully the standalone won't be a rushed mess.

DayZ for me is completly unplayable with other people on the server, it's now nothing but a pointless deathmatch or some bug/glitchy zombie killing you from 40 feet away.

WarZ can have all the DM and hackers they want.

If you pay attention to both the DayZ and WarZ site you'll see what Sergey is doing, as soon as Rocket mentions a new feature

or a DayZ player gives a good idea for one it'll pop up on the WarZ site within a few hours.

The guy is just sleazy to the max, why anyone would want to give him any money is beyond me.... but then again, thats why Nigerian 411 and penis pills scams are so successful.

Leave the man be - the first 30 seconds trailer teaser of standalone DayZ with fluid animations, proper weapon controls and the same island of Chernarus would overshadow any gimmicks the other brand might provide. :) I'm primarily interested in this, since the greater exposure made the Devs see, that we need intuitive weapon controls in ArmA III. :icon_twisted:

Because many people quite frankly are ignorant to an insane level. Spiteful, blatant disregard and will buy things simply because they want it, uncaring of how impossibly similar things are. Reason and logic tend to be thrown out the window, case and point http://www.pcaviator.com.au/store/images/D/0004%20-%20Area51_AH-64D_Apache_Longbow-01.jpg vs http://images.bit-tech.net/content_images/2010/06/arma-ii-operation-arrowhead-review/0.jpg

Despite the undeniable similarities, people will go to the aid of the false developer, defending them and seeking proof in things such as the texture and only what changed, nevermind the stuff that stayed the same, much less the model itself thus "proving" their point. Why think when you can mindlessly defend and pay for something to get it regardless of wether or not it is a scam, and if guys these blatant can do it then anyone can.

Edited by NodUnit

Because many people quite frankly are ignorant to an insane level. Spiteful, blatant disregard and will buy things simply because they want it, uncaring of how impossibly similar things are. Reason and logic tend to be thrown out the window, case and point http://www.pcaviator.com.au/store/images/D/0004%20-%20Area51_AH-64D_Apache_Longbow-01.jpg vs http://images.bit-tech.net/content_images/2010/06/arma-ii-operation-arrowhead-review/0.jpg

Wow, just wow! Guy takes AH1 & UH1 aswell, charges $20 per piece, and gets away with it.

That sucker deserves pineapple torture from hell.

Graphics are very good. the details of the terrain (ditches, rivers, natural cover, etc ...) are very well. definitively LOVE IT! :P

Oh yeah, the best part is where the laserpointer stays in the middle of the screen while the gun points to the side....

I like the laser line in broad daylight, the gmod like physics for the zombie (statue with flailing limbs when shot and then collapsing) and the non existent weapon sight movement.

Oh yeah, the best part is where the laserpointer stays in the middle of the screen while the gun points to the side....

I laughed so hard! :D

Everything else was just like expected... Not immersive with a extremely arcadish feeling.

Tough I really hope at least some people who think this might suit them buy it so the DayZ userbase is little bit "filtered" if you know what I mean. :)

I love the crawling animation.

Yeah, so gimmicky. Having only watched the first part, I liked the bolt-action reload and Crysis-like primary weapon attachments menu, which doesn't exactly conform with realism, but should be quite useful in a deathmatch. :)

---------- Post added at 23:21 ---------- Previous post was at 22:55 ----------

Finished the rest. Looks like L4D with an expanded map, and WTF is up with those footstep sounds? Two or three sounds are played for each footstep on a metal surface. LOL

I'm actually thinking of picking it up when it comes out because I love how slick it looks. No wonky animations or anything. Yes, it may just be a generic FPS game with zombies added it, but it sure looks a hell of a lot more polished than DayZ. I love DayZ, but the ArmA engine just wasn't made for fast-paced PvP or zombies. Yes it works, but the zombies are horrible when compared to other zombie games.

May the best game win! (DayZ I hope)

Eh, looks kinda cool to me. I'm not exactly on the edge of my seat or anything but I'll hold my judgement until I know it actually sucks or not.

I'm actually thinking of picking it up when it comes out because I love how slick it looks. No wonky animations or anything. Yes, it may just be a generic FPS game with zombies added it, but it sure looks a hell of a lot more polished than DayZ. I love DayZ, but the ArmA engine just wasn't made for fast-paced PvP or zombies. Yes it works, but the zombies are horrible when compared to other zombie games.

May the best game win! (DayZ I hope)

not-sure-dog.jpg

I'll let the non-PvP comment slip.

I'll let the non-PvP comment slip.

I won't. Nicholas undermines his entire argument, much of which has merit, with one sentence of bollocks.