Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery AKA how to make a quick buck...

Borrowing ideas is fine but these guys are doing what you'd expect from a Chinese company.

How much ya wanna bet the name of the city has a familer sounding ring to it... maybe rhymes with Cherno.

Watch Conmasters come out with one next..

LOL - kill and survive Zombehs in the harsh conditions of Chucknarus!

I'd like to see one of these types of games with aliens, war of the worlds or falling skies type :)

That would be cool.

My other idea would be something similar to the first Halo. Your ship or possibly fleet gets shot down with some kind of cargo or tech the enemy wants (or there is some other reason why they don't bombard you from orbit) over a uninhabited planet. You're the Captain of the ship so you don't only have to worry about your survival but also the survival of your men and the cargo of the ship. You have to deploy men to prevent the enemy from breaking through your lines while also having to find supplies and explore in an effort to find more favorable terrain to defend. The second Halo book had some cool stuff in it about other Marines trying to survive after the Pillar of Autumn was shot down.

http://images.gamersyde.com/image_the_war_z-19785-2558_0013.jpg At this point I think my gun would be aimed at the zombie.

Edited by Jakerod

WWZ is a great book BTW, even if you don't particularly enjoy the whole zombie thing. I'm no fan of zombie fiction (other than some of Romero's films) but this one got the tone exactly right. It sort of emulates those documentaries you see after the event, where people recount how their war went.

I have a differing opinion. The book continually feels like the author wanted to seem like he did his background research. It's full of contrived and out-of-place history lessons, factlets and model names of military equipment, and they become all the more annoying when you're not sure whether it's the character or the author who got one of them wrong.

Well hopefully it will have a big world like ArmA then I will be more then happy to play it, I like it more then Day Z already and well I can see some war between fans happening one day, which is obvious thing in the internet.

It looks like dog shit and I already sense it's going to be a dissapointing money-wasting flop. DayZ on Limnos map with mods will rock.

There are two outcomes to this:

1. It gets delayed forever and everyone forgets about it

2. It comes out on schedule and is a piece of shit

Hammerpoint is an indie developer. Not only that, they're a NEW indie developer. Unless they are using somebody else's engine they're going to have to write their own. Good luck making an 200km^2 map with millions of objects without running into some problems.

Sincerely, I'd buy any new zombie game that didn't involve the letter 'Z' or 'x of the dead' or 'dead x' or just dead. For fuck's sake, homaging is one thing, but this is just being unoriginal. For the purpose of this statement, Resident Evil and all assorted older (5+ years) horror/zombie games are excluded.

There should be a game called "Dead End", about a development studio making yet another zombie game in an already saturated market.

It's been in development since last year. Might want to scale down the paranoia.

Maybe it was in development since last year. But only since this one it got a dude carrying a ruck and a cap and features copying DayZ.

And much like all clones it will fail hard.

Safe zones? Sounds like you already got a hole in your ship bros and it's leaking.

I carry a ruck and cap quite often. Am I copying DayZ too much? :confused:

There should be a game called "Dead End", about a development studio making yet another zombie game in an already saturated market.

Heh heh, that's a pretty good idea.

One of the developers posts/brags here quite regularly
Well guys, not to brag too much about it, but here is our new game I've been working on for a while

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/...erience?page=1

By the way, when DAY Z came out, we were already in Alpha

*sigh* DayZ is still in alpha...
TWZ allows players to earn experience points and then “spend†those points to learn new skills that will aid in their survival. Additionally, there will be opportunities to acquire in-game cash and gold, which can be used to purchase supplies at one of the few safe-settlements located in the game.
FPDR The whole reason DayZ is such an immersive and awesome game is because of Rocket's attitude to its design - barebones survival - the reward of survival is the experience. Rewarding players with flashy points/gold will automatically turn this game shitty and mainstream imo, I reckon by the time twz has lost appeal (if it gains any to start with), DayZ will still be strong and gaining in popularity.
MoreMoneyZTM
Lol that's a good one. Edited by SASrecon

Thanks DM :)

You're welcome, I guess?

C'mon Rocket just wanted a simple Zombie themed Deathmatch without any story or other "bigger" aims. Just a bit shooting and looting now and then... ;) :tongue:

I want to see a game of people completely destroying zombs and then they get over run.

Heh heh, that's a pretty good idea.

There will also be a DLC where you get to stand in line at the state unemployment office.

For everyone who wants a better stalker game: Play it with the "complete" mod (well just skip clear sky, imho the worst part of the series)

Lord knows where my STALKER DVD is these days (never thought I'd string that phrase together), but will certainly give it a try if I can.

I'd buy STALKER. Then I'd let it rot away because I'd never play it. God damn X-18.

edit:

I'd buy STALKER. Then I'd let it rot away because I'd never play it. God damn X-18.

But it´s excellent with the Complete mod, a game one has to play!

X-18 scary? :D

Graphics are not convincing me at all and the way they market their game is rather frightening. If you take a closer look at what this guy said during the interviews, you'll find a lot of dirty techniques...

But nonetheless, it's very good for a DayZ game to have something sitting behind the neck as "motivation" ;)

also +1 for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. :p

Edited by PurePassion

Meh, War INC Battlezone-esque gameplay mixed with BF3's *cough* ballistics says about all I need to know.

Everything except how did that guy mantle that pickup truck and can the zeds mantle after or him or is he forever safe..? OMG, we need mantling nao!!!!

Website released: http://www.thewarz.com/

Some Q&A:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2ZKq74AGj4&feature=player_embedded

FAQ:

GAME ECONOMY - HOW MUCH THINGS COST

Is the game free to play or is there a subscription model?

Neither. The game will be available at launch as a single-purchase download with no payments required to play after that. No subscriptions or hidden fees. You'll be able to spend money in the game for items of convenience or to rent game servers.

You mentioned that there will be a store or marketplace in the game. Is it micro-transaction based?

As you explore the game world, you'll find two types of currency - Dollars and Gold Coins. Both can be used for barter between players if you want or to purchase certain consumables (food, medicine, ammo) at the General Store in one of the safe settlements and in the Marketplace in the frontend. Not all items that you find in the world will be purchasable, and by no means do you need to use the store at all - everything can be found in the game world.

I want PAY FOR WIN! I have lots of money to spend!

Sorry pal, but this is the wrong game. Like in a real-world, post apocalyptic scenario, your money will mean much less than your natural survival skills, training and wits.

---

Ou seja, primeiro eles falam que você poderá comprar itens de conveniência, mas logo em seguida deixam claro que não terá "pay to win"... Resta saber o que eles querem dizer com itens de conveniência... É esperar pra ver.

Tem uma outra pergunta que fala dos requerimentos:

What are system requirements?

If your computer has at least 2GB of RAM, has video card that supports Shader Model 3.0 - then you should be able to play The War Z.