Sign in to follow this  
bardosy

[CAMP/COOP] Day of NAPA

One question: what is the story framework for this campaign? Who is the enemy? Is it like a prequel for Harvest Red where you fight the ChdkZ during the civil war? Or is it more like NAPA fighting the russians after the USMC pulled out? Is it even connected to Harvest Red?

It's happened before the Red Harvest and shortly after the Russian invasion. The missions are at North, between the two northern airport. Then enemy is the Russians.

The characters talk about CDF fight at South, but all North is under Russian controll. They decided to not join to CDF, because they are losers. And the second half of story our characters connect with US recon units.

Really hope I can get to play the SP version of this. Sounds really interesting.

Me too! Finally a campaign where you play the underdog, and not shooting some hill savages with hi-tech weapons.

Me too! Finally a campaign where you play the underdog, and not shooting some hill savages with hi-tech weapons.

This is why it really hard in SP. With real mates it's easier to fight with huge number of enemy, but even in coop, sometimes its need to be retreat from the mass of enemy. But in SP you will always flee. ;)

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I think there weren't any russian forces in Chernaruss before Harvest Red. It was purely ChdkZ vs. CDF with NAPA fighting a Guerillia war against the ChdkZ?

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I think there weren't any russian forces in Chernaruss before Harvest Red. It was purely ChdkZ vs. CDF with NAPA fighting a Guerillia war against the ChdkZ?

There were in Bardosy's world. The mission are fun, professional and solid. That's the only thing that matters. The armaverse (which some of us think it sucks) technicalities are for the official releases.

Tonci, you're right! But I'm a storyteller and OFP world is much closer to me, then ArmA2-story. BIS told about OFP, they were inspirited by Prague Spring (68) and I agree with them. My all resistance side missions was inspirated by Budapest Autumn (56). And yes, there were local commies as a black part of our history, but the archenemy were the Russians. In these missions are Chedaki too, but the player feel, we can handle these bastards easily if they have no support from the Russians.

We reached episode 2:

We got to the mortars, shelled the airbase, managed to destroy all the jets but non of the armor since we ran out of rounds and they were not that accurate. We destroyed the mortars using machine gun fire (didn't have satchels) but the objective didn't tick off. Is there something else that need to be destroyed except for the mortars themselves? Do we have to destroy the armor in the airbase?

Great mission bardosy!

Thanks for the feedback!

It's extremly hard to destroy all targets in the airport, so when I tested this mission I do the same as you: shoot all ammo for fun and then I blow up the mortars. (There are some satchels at the top of the hill next to the radar - before you blow it up, it's good to take 3 satchels).

Did you destroy all 3 mortar tube with machine gun?

And if I can recall, after destroying the mortars OR the targets at the airport, you have to flee South the a village (I don't remember the name).

How works the helicopter hunting? Could you shoot down 3 choppers? When we tried it, they always use their countermeasure and we just waste the rockets... What is the good tactics? Did you shoot the same time or did you shoot one by one with some delay?

I liked the chopper hunting! We stayed at town that we just cleared from the Russian rapists and fired at the choppers that were flying at the distance. Everybody just took a shot when they had a lock. It took some time but we managed to destroy three of them and complete that objective. We fired whenever one of us had a lock, nothing more clever than that :P

Yeah, all three mortars were definitely destroyed by our machine gun fire. However the objective didn't complete, and we didn't get any instructions to flee to any town. Is this a bug?

I'll check it. But the good news, it was the end of the mission: nothing else happen. After destroy the mortars you have to flee to south and END.

I'll check it. But the good news, it was the end of the mission: nothing else happen. After destroy the mortars you have to flee to south and END.

Alright, good to know, so I'll mark this mission as completed on our mission list :yay:

Moving on to Day of Napa 2!!

Moving on to Day of Napa 2!!

It was the 2, now comes the 3.

Oh right, we completed the first one several weeks ago :)

Are you ever going to make a proper SP campaign out of this?

I'd like to see that as well.

BTW...your signature. Perhaps it needs to be changed to reflect their tentative release?

An SP version will be great, however, if you guys have the chance to play the missions by their order with friends in coop - do that, that's the best coop experience there is.

You just need to be disciplined and not move on to the next episode before completing its previous.

This NAPA campaign was design to coop for few (at least two). SP mission is could be very hard. But the main problem is: before Arma2 (so OFP/Arma1) my SP campaign - specially the guerrilla side ones - have much deeper story: with personal interests, family motivations, treachery, love... and the full series of moviemakers/storytellers tools: like lost the whole squad and be alone. Lost map and weapons. Join the badguys for a few missions or just "boring" mission (transport or simple civil life) to make place for a bigger twist... etc. But these tools cannot work in coop. Friends who want play together have no time for "boreing" mission and they cannot be "alone". So when I will make my REAL napa SP campaign, it will be different. I mean: this one is not on standard what I wanted to. This is a mission collection for coop-friends on NAPA side.

And this mission collection's story is not completed. It needed the two last missions, but the clan dismissed and we left it. I just publish, because I guess it's better then to lost forever.

Anyway, string these mission in a SP campaign is not a difficult job, if anyone can, please fell free to do it.

off topic: now I'm working two BAF campaigns. One is completed, but is in Hungarian, so I have to translate first. It's a bunch of missions with Brits on Lingor island. The other is could be better with more story and on Duala island.

This NAPA campaign was design to coop for few (at least two). SP mission is could be very hard. But the main problem is: before Arma2 (so OFP/Arma1) my SP campaign - specially the guerrilla side ones - have much deeper story: with personal interests, family motivations, treachery, love... and the full series of moviemakers/storytellers tools: like lost the whole squad and be alone. Lost map and weapons. Join the badguys for a few missions or just "boring" mission (transport or simple civil life) to make place for a bigger twist... etc. But these tools cannot work in coop. Friends who want play together have no time for "boreing" mission and they cannot be "alone". So when I will make my REAL napa SP campaign, it will be different. I mean: this one is not on standard what I wanted to. This is a mission collection for coop-friends on NAPA side.

And this mission collection's story is not completed. It needed the two last missions, but the clan dismissed and we left it. I just publish, because I guess it's better then to lost forever.

Anyway, string these mission in a SP campaign is not a difficult job, if anyone can, please fell free to do it.

off topic: now I'm working two BAF campaigns. One is completed, but is in Hungarian, so I have to translate first. It's a bunch of missions with Brits on Lingor island. The other is could be better with more story and on Duala island.

Maybe I´ll look into it when I´m out of hospital :)

Already messed with the Chesty puller campaign :p

We played tonight the last episode of the campaign:

We got the data from the truck and destroyed the UAV. Met up with the Americans and received the Tomahawk strike designation mission. We located the Russian base (several camo nets, comm equipment, Tunguska) laser designated it and called in the Tomahawk. We saw the cruise missile fly over our heads but exploding far away from the target :(. What are we doing wrong? We had one guy laser painting the comm antenna, and the leader called in the strike (we all had the radio option to do it). Are we doing something wrong?

Great mission! Loved playing it.

Did the laser guy keep the laser on target until the splash? The rocket follow the lasertarget until impact.

Was the antenna parabolic? Is it possible, it was not solid and the laser went through it?

When we tested it, we mostly target the command vehicle (it has an antenna, but we target the vehicle body) and the rocket hit it without problem.

Plan B: you can destroy it manually... :) There was a few test, when the rocket didn't destroy everything, so we have to finish the job manually. It's not impossible. Challenging enough.

It's could be spoiler - even for you - after this task, you have to search the HQ anyway for data. So it's not a problem to clear it with assault-rifles and RPGs...

Thanks for the pointers Bardosy! Will be sure to try again. It's fun re-playing it anyway since it's a good mission ;)