Sign in to follow this  
bardosy

[CAMP/COOP] Day of NAPA

Day of NAPA (A NAPA napja)

=====================

Coop campaign on NAPA side.

The Russian Army invade Chernorus and made atrocity in villages. But in one village a few survivors could escape from the massacre and form a bunch of resistance fighter. Ambushes, hit and run tactics and other guerrilla warfare...

Features:

* Coop 6 missions

* NAPA side (always overnumbered)

* Individual coop missions linked by a story for a campaign

* A few US support (including Tomahawk strike)

* The objectives are relatively close: less walking.

* UPSMON scripted enemy: more intelligence.

Warning:

* This is not a classic Bardosy-style campaign! There are no huge battles with many friendly units and support. It's only a handful freedomfighter (squad) against a lot of Russians.

* It could be very hard for single player, but much fun for 4-5 player in coop.

* I tested it in single, so not possible, but hard.

* Oh, and this is not complete. The last mission is not finished yet.

Install:

Copy the pbo files into Mpmissions folder! Not to the Campaign or the Missions!

Play as single:

Start a LAN multiplayer game on your PC and only you joined. Then start it!

I created this campaign for my clan (this is why few, unimportant text still in my native language, but the important ones are translated). I planned to create a full English version on two mode: a single campaign and a multi coop missions set (like this one, what I post now). But it's need more work and I want to save this time to create more missions, if I can save it.

So every feedback are very welcome! Because if it's not reach the standard what you expect, then I focus on new project.

My problem is this: most player don't like my missions, but there is a dozen guys, who like ArmA as me (in oldskool OFP-style). But these missions are not in my standards. So probably the most players will like it. But if they don't neighter, I don't waste my time for this project.

DOWNLOAD

Armaholic mirror:

- Day of NAPA Coop Campaign (@)

Edited by bardosy
armaholic mirror

Sad to hear this is too hard for SP, your campaign is always top notched Bardosy. Thanks for the release.

Glad to see more Bardosy missions! Uploading to the CiA coop server.

I saw that the missions include respawn. Can you add an option to disable it?

I'm pretty new in multi scripting/editing, can you tell me how can I add option to disable it?

The best way, and easiest for you would be to include a non-respawn version. GROUP respawn instead of BASE respawn is preferable! :)

OK. I'll make a non-respawn version too.

These missions use a very simple respawn: when you died after 20-30 seconds you respawn near of your leader. I know there are sophisticated respawn in the market, but I didn't like them. And it was very useful to me. Did you mean this in GROUP respawn, when you respawn near your group instead of a far base?

Oh, BTW, known issues:

Sometimes if a player who not the host select an armament, after joining the game, he get the default armament instead of his selection. :( I found this issue in other coop missions, so I tough it's a common problem. So I added crates many location in the missions, or the bad-luck player can grab from your victims.

OK. I'll make a non-respawn version too.

Great! Thanks a lot, this is most appreciated.

Did you mean this in GROUP respawn, when you respawn near your group instead of a far base?

No, GROUP respawn means that a dead player will respawn into a live AI of his group, if such an AI is available. If no AI is available, the player becomes a bird.

I can help you with the translation part if you want. I am a native Hungarian, living in Transilvania, so I understand everything. ;) I'm a huge fan of your work too! :P

New stuff from old man bardosy! Guess I'll have to give this a try tonight.

To bardosy's request, I'm posting here a group respawn version of his campaign.

Dropbox link.

bardosy - I recommend you to add this version to your rar because:

1. my link is not on the opening post and people might miss it.

2. my link will expire after awhile and will not be available anymore.

3. adding it to your pack will get it mirrored on other websites - armaholic etc.

I tried all the missions in the pack and I can say they are all very appeling! Back to the OFP feeling! :yay:

Thanks Variable.

I downloaded yours, but I cannot upload it for a while, because I'm going to camp where only I have 3G internet and not tools for SFTP to my store.

But I have to add a readme to my rar too, because I forgot this. So when I'll back, I'll create a new rar with these stuffs (and probably the others what players suggested me).

No problem, ill keep the file available until you create a new rar.

Just tried. Very cool. Pretty please make regular SP campaing too. As Freedom Fighters is utterly bugged this campaing can "replace" it for me.

Tried this as SP and only the Player (me) is issued a weapon.

All my AI members have nothing to use. This will be impossible to play if I cannot equip my AI members.

Can you do something to fix it?

I place the PBO in MPMISSIONS and play in in MP session.

Tried this as SP and only the Player (me) is issued a weapon.

All my AI members have nothing to use. This will be impossible to play if I cannot equip my AI members.

Can you do something to fix it?

I place the PBO in MPMISSIONS and play in in MP session.

Kommiekat, try this:

You have only one pistol. Keep your unarmed team behind, board the vehicle, move down to the road, place your Jeep as a road block, around where the marker is. Wait until a Russian UAZ arrive. It's full of armed Russians. Ambush it and kill all pasengers with your pistol. Just wait until the UAZ is close enough and start by shooting the driver. It's easier than it sounds, they leave the vehicle one after another and you can pick them off one by one. Equip your team with their weapons. If some dead Russians are inside the UAZ order all your team to board it, the bodies will pop out and you will be able to access their gear. You can fit all your team in the UAZ as it has six seats.

Good luck!.

Edited by Variable
typos

Thx KommieKat for feedback! Its not an issue, I meant it.

Nice to see more Bardosy Missions. Currently I'm on vacation and I won't be able to test them for another month. But I look forward to it!

@bardosy

You working also on full SP version of this campaign right?

Thx KommieKat for feedback! Its not an issue, I meant it.

Dear Mr. Bardosy,

Why have you left the SP community and migrated to MP?

We are sad. Please come back.

Love SP community.

:) ;)

Dear SP Community,

Have you tried the mission?

Because most COOP missions can be played in SP without any detriment.

Love COOP community

:cool:

@tom3kb: Yes, I'm planing to create an SP campaign from this. But it's depend on feedbacks, because it's a huge work and I can do anything else if no one like it.

@Kommiekat: Don't worry, I never leave the SP community. I was born for SP campaigns. It was just a visit in COOP community, because I want to try myself in COOP missions too. It's much harder.

Honestly in the last 10 years I had no serious internet connection, so I couldn't play coop. Now I have a good enough internet, so I tried coop missions and I loved it! It's a very new and very good experience. I never player OFP/ArmA in coop before, but I always dream about it. So after a few hours of coop gameplay in public servers (Insurgency is my favorite), I started to create coop missions in my way: in my style of respawn (very unorthodox method), in my style of tasks, in my style of story... etc. And this coop campaign is it.

As far as I know, ArmA3 official campaign is not my cup of tea, so I'll create infantry base, supported, big battles, where the player is only a gear in the big machine and not the star of the war, who can turn the history himself.

I was only teasing you Mr. Bardosy, but I'm glad you haven't left us behind.

I too like INSURGENCY MP missions. Problem is, so many assh#### playing these days. No one likes to team up and

play strategically. It's all Rambo style.

Cheers.

RedMog: You'd be suprised comarade. There are many other like-minded individuals willing to forge a revolution. Let the hordes of capitalist pigs die before the combined might of our COOP. Greedy individuals there are, generous teamplayers there are too.

Bardosy: Glad you're enjoying the game. COOP is much harder that SP but infinitely more rewarding. It provides some truly unique moments that you can share with others.

RedMog: You'd be suprised comarade. There are many other like-minded individuals willing to forge a revolution. Let the hordes of capitalist pigs die before the combined might of our COOP. Greedy individuals there are, generous teamplayers there are too.

Bardosy: Glad you're enjoying the game. COOP is much harder that SP but infinitely more rewarding. It provides some truly unique moments that you can share with others.

I'm not sure what you mean by REDMOG and I'm going to take it as a joke as I assume you mean it to be. You'll have noticed I'm in Hong Kong, not China.

Granted, there are a FEW folks who play team style, on private/clan servers. The ones left open for public are trashed with assh*** as you stated "Greedy individuals there are".

I've worked with Bardosy before on one of his projects and he knows I'm teasing him. I'm glad he does what he does because he does it the right way.

I don't completely agree with COOP missions being necessarily harder then SP, either.

Kommiekat, sure I know you teased me. ;)

And I meant "coop is harder" for scripting, not playing! I don't want judge it, but to play it same. Some aspects are harder, but it's very easy to not handle the AI soldier, because everybody do his job.

But scripting and mission making is defenetly harder...