Sign in to follow this  
varden326

arma2 operation arrowhead (STEAM download) missing files??

i have recently purchased arma2 combined operation package from steam. arma 2 works fine but when i start OA at the start menu a window pops up saying, "no entry 'bin\config.bin/cfgvehicles/citizen1.scope' " there is also others same pop up errors throughout the game. i cant start the first mission it just freezes at the loading screen. when i load up boot camp shooting range a similar popup that states "no entry 'bin\config.bin/cfgweapons/scar_l_cqc_eglm_holo.scar_l_single' " i am shure there are many more but i can only load certain stuff before it freezes on me. i dont know how to fix it i have uninstalled and re-downloaded it twice so i really dont know what to do now except accept the fact that i cant play OA

No Steam user here, so I can provide only little help.

Have you tried to check integrity of the cache?

We have a lot of users here with CO from Steam which can run it just fine. So I don't think it's a general problem. Also check this thread on how to combine ArmA2 and OA, covers Steam as well.

i have run the check cash thing and it finds 1 bad file and replaces it.... it still seems like it replaces one bad file but i dont know how many i have that are bad or missing. and it only replaces one at a time. i have successfully linked the two though. its i think its a bad download but i have dowloaded it twice and it still has the same errors. any other suggestions?

Try running Steam as Administrator - then re-check the cache and then run OA (I presume you do mean OA and not Combined Ops).

And don't have an antivirus active when installing/updating something like Steam or a game install as the latest versions of them tend to block key registry entries and file installations.

thanks everyone the antivirus must have been the problem.. but not the first time i unistalled it and redownloaded it. what i did was delete all files in arma2 oa common file and expansion addon file. then ran steam cashe check and it downloaded about 7 gigs worth of stuff.. but it seemed to work thanks

I had this same problem and I have finally resolved it. I tried playing a few campaign missions and it wouldn't let me play some of them. I also went to the editor and discovered that there were also missing weapons and vehicles. So anyways, this is what I did: I went to steam, I right clicked arma 2 OA, I clicked properties, and then I did "backup files" and it downloaded almost 8 gigs of missing files. After that I could play OA with flying colours :D