Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 95168 (1.62 MP build)

WARNING: this build is not compatible with 1.60 and 1.61 version of A2: OA/A2: CO!

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

mirror: http://www.gamefront.com/files/22007838/ARMA2_OA_Build_95168.zip

* fixed some crashes and MP issues (it means to stabilize MP we need change major version to 1.62)

* fixed bad playername issue

+ beta in Sync with 1.62 RC1 candidate for these who don't want install 1.62 RC1

+new BE installers included within

+ some other fixes

BattlEye status: ... SUPPORTED ...

Edited by Dwarden

Is anyone else getting jittery visuals just by turning left to right? Its unplayable in this state.

I noticed over the last couple betas that all the hard work that went into movement interpolation over distances has regressed back to pre 1.60 levels. Anyone else notice this?

I had soldiers warping a bit in singleplayer in 1.61 but I can't reproduce it reliably.

Is anyone else getting jittery visuals just by turning left to right? Its unplayable in this state.
I noticed over the last couple betas that all the hard work that went into movement interpolation over distances has regressed back to pre 1.60 levels. Anyone else notice this?

...not at all, nice patch, superior IQ :)

WARNING: this build is not compatible with 1.60 and 1.61 version of A2: OA/A2: CO!

I have 1.60 (never been near the RC`s) and this Beta seems to run fine ?

I have 1.60 (never been near the RC`s) and this Beta seems to run fine ?

You can´t join a 1.60 or 1.61 server....

You can get bad performance if you install an RC and a beta. I noticed my installed game version (RC) was the same number as the beta, deleted the beta folder and it was ok after that. Had lag and jittery visuals turning etc, with them both together. I would just use the beta patch not the RC. I'm having to reinstall as I did not realise there was no rollback from the RC's.

You can´t join a 1.60 or 1.61 server....

Thaaaaats what he means, thanks :)

Can you please clarify what's going on with the 1.62 beta.

I installed the latest beta's as they are made available on Six Launcher (to play DayZ).

Since 1.62 (95168+) I have not been able to play vanilla ARMA2 (1.60) as I just get a crash to desktop after loading a mission file. Several other people reported the exact same problem to me, on different servers, playing different missions.

The beta is NOT optional, to play DayZ.

Does this mean every DayZ player can no longer play vanilla ARMA2?

Freeborne 1.61+ needs a different battleye dll. BE 1.60 and 1.61/1.62 RC are NOT compatible

Read: http://www.battleye.com/download.html

Lol another unrequired fsck up. Seriously why didn't BI wait a week before release? It's not like anything was actually broken.

Lol another unrequired fsck up. Seriously why didn't BI wait a week before release? It's not like anything was actually broken.

BI have been testing beta patches for 6 months now. It was time enough for them to draw a line in the sand. An week extra become another week and then another and another... What people fail to realise that in the development of complex software, nothing is ever perfect. As a result, someone, somewhere has to draw a line and "That's good enough for a release". That's what was done. Honestly I'm also experiencing a loss of performance but at the same time, check-out the changelog to realise all the bugfixes and new features that have been added...