Sign in to follow this  
Shunt

Your favourite location?

Most of us have very good knowledge of the three original islands by now.

As a lot of new user made islands and Nogova of OFP:r are in the spotlight so obviously the old ones will be less played in the future.

So it's a good time to remember back *lovely music in the background tounge.gif* on our favourite scenarios.

Personally the coastline of Vigny on Malden feels like home to me. With those high cliffs, that steep ravine (if you could call it that?)  and the plateau with fences overlooking the sea.

Beautiful.

Of course it all looks even more beautiful after a couple of hours of artillery shelling. smile.gif

Can't post a screenshot at the time but you all know where I mean.

And remember the screenshot limit of 100kb.

On everon a little below the castle, looking down on Saint Pierre. smile.gif

stpierre.jpg

I'll try to recreate it somewhere on an island I've been playing around in wrpedit:

testisland.jpg

/slaps myself for posting that and going offtopic smile.gif

cool little island.

The bottom left mountain looks nice.

With a little bay as far as i can see.

Nice

My fav location Dc44 Malden ( the big cliffs )

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (JAP @ June 23 2002,13:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">cool little island.<span id='postcolor'>

Not so small, a bit bigger then Everon smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ June 23 2002,13:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">/slaps myself for posting that and going offtopic smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

This must be about the only time ever you've posted anything outside Offtopic. Not counting closing topics!  biggrin.gif

Who made this guy a Mod anyway?  tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Casto @ June 23 2002,14:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ow.<span id='postcolor'>

Let's not make this another spam thread O.K?

While I like Everon best, there are also some very nice areas on Malden. This is from Larche.

larch.jpg

Central malden and that really small island east of everon. It's the one below the big one to the NE. I don't know why i like it so much tho...

How do you get visiblity so far denoir? I can't see much past st. pieere when i stand there. How do i remove all the fog?

Use the setviewdistance command.

In the editor you place your desired unit on the location that you want and you type "setviewdistance 5000" in the initialization box for 5000m visibility. The valid range is between 700 and 5000.

oo thx. Islands look so much better with that view distance anyway my fav spot

New_Bitmap_Image_2.JPG

The hills leading to Saint Pierre on Everon are very impressive to me. They're so huge, and it makes for a good atmosphere. But then there's the nice open plains just south of Provins. It looks good with your man standing in the sunset. smile.gif

The cliffs at malden for sure, those ones by Vigny which are on the west side of malden. Ive done countless 360's and 540's in the jeep off of those. Ive done the stupidest thing imaginable with the ofp engine there.

I like La Riviere and it's beach on Malden. Especially when the sun is shining bright on a beautifull day, it's nice to sit on the beach and blow something up tounge.gif

I dont really like la riveire so much. I don't know why.. I guess its just too small.

There are many places on Malden, Everon and Kolgujev that i like. I like all those bases on Kolgujev, but my favourite islands are Malden and Everon, and there are many places that i like on those two islands.

Let's start. A few of my favourite places:

Malden:

There's a nice place on Malden in La Riviere

Beautiful hill and road on it near Saint Luis.

Area around Chapoi is also very beautiful.

Very nice place near Larche

Moutian Area near La Passagne. La Passagne itself is also very beautiful.

The desertnear airport is also very nice.

Another great place on Malden is Goisse

Here's one really nice place, close to the desert.

I also like La Trinite

Everon:

Really nice place near Saint Phillippe

Everyone like the Valley

And Sain Pierre

Morton is also very beautiful.

And La Mule

Regina's place.

Base near Larche.

hey maybe lets post some cordnates of some nice places.I'll post a real cool cordnate when i recheck my map in OFP.Its a canyon on i think Kolgugev.Later. smile.gif

that last place on the list is in everon not malden. And that canyon is eally a lava flow area from a volcano (dip in the ground) i think thats what ur thinking ov viper

Try to guess where this is smile.gif

whereisthis.jpg

dont recognise it, is it from the island you showed us on the 1st page? i like it where ever it is smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Acidcrash @ June 24 2002,02:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">dont recognise it, is it from the island you showed us on the 1st page?  <span id='postcolor'>

Yepp, it was a trick question biggrin.gif

Since playing around with wrpedit, I have gained new respect for BIS. Even if they have better tools, it must have taken an enormous time to build the very detailed OFP islands.