Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA 1.61 (Release Candidate #3) build 95099

The time has come for brave community to get hands on RC of upcoming patch, this time 1.61 RC3

Changelog: (all from betas between 1.60 and now), minor UI stuff

mirror : http://www.gamefront.com/files/22002892/ARMA2OA_Patch_1_61-RC3.zip

CRC32: A1A76FA4

MD5: 6FDF03041F1EA3231B3DC928BFFB7606

SHA-1: D027162E7D0EF9E588059A1499C73F6CA913A0A6

WARNING : This update will modify your existing game installation.

Rollback to previous version is not possible.

Upgrading to the final 1.61 patch also may not be possible.

It is recommended to back up your full installation folder and profile folder first (you can restore those before applying the final patch).

As always, use at your own risk. Thanks a lot for your support!

please be aware that no easy rollback to 1.60 is possible unless You have full backup

fyi changes since last beta

* fixed bad playername issue

* removed ACR lite models for OA's ACR

[94918] New: command unit addMagazine[name, ammoCount]

[94912] Fixed: Video memory detection on W7/x64 sometimes wrong because of bug in IDirect3DDevice9::GetAvailableTextureMem.

[94886] Fixed: Possible gear item duplication (private https://dev-heaven.net/issues/36648 )

beta in Sync with 1.61 RC2 candidate for these who don't want install 1.61 RC2

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?137382-ARMA-2-OA-beta-build-95099-(1-61-MP-build)

BattlEye Support: ... SUPPORTED ...

Note:

If you installed RC1 before RC2 you need to use backup to restore situation

before installing RC3 or uninstall and reinstall Arma2 for this fix to work.

Edited by Dwarden

Will it make any good changes to RC2 or do I need to reinstall 1.60 again?

Will it make any good changes to RC2 or do I need to reinstall 1.60 again?

yes, serious do you people read readme / first post ? ...

Hurrah! Lite models are no more - thanks guys!

Yes I do. The question was specifically about 1.61RC2 installed over 1.60 -> 1.61RC3 while first post is rather vague (it mentions that RC2 installed over RC1 has issues, so I was wondering if it's not the case with RC2 installed over 1.60) :>

...* removed ACR lite models for OA's ACR

OK, you twisted my arm with that, I'll roll back tomorrow & give this version a good kicking :)

BTW, has there been any recent change(s) that might have caused Grizzle's fine "Visual House Position" module" to fail? - it no longer appears in the modules menu whether I load CO or A2. I haven't looked at any other user modules, may test a couple tomorrow.

BattlEye support added

Marvelous patch. Much better AI ! and I get performance boosts everywhere. Trees no longer bog down my system and radio chatter seem more fluid? Textures load faster or cache better. Also the new FXAA with sharpen filter is genius! It makes everything look super crisp without sacrificing fps. Nice work with this one! A2OA feels fresh and polished, almost like a new game.

/delete until further testing please/

Edited by fraczek

For once I noticed quicker reaction. I was testing a DAP conquest mission and carelessly drove into a group of AI in a city (Taki) and they immediately scattered behind cover. I jumped out of the car, my AI gunner opened up but within seconds we came under heavy fire and I didn't even see where they fired from. I don't recall the AI ever firing this much before. Suppressive fire? Normally I have time to escape and pick off the AI, but not this time.

Ok thanks - I'm still too much of a wuss to download the RC so I appreciate the feedback :)

Marvelous patch. Much better AI ! and I get performance boosts everywhere. Trees no longer bog down my system and radio chatter seem more fluid? Textures load faster or cache better. Also the new FXAA with sharpen filter is genius! It makes everything look super crisp without sacrificing fps. Nice work with this one! A2OA feels fresh and polished, almost like a new game.

Whenwas last time you played arma before installing this ? -.-

I get an error in the MP editor when I load ACR units. Otherwise so far so good.

"...downloaded content has been deleted. caweapons_acr_lrtv"

My Arma 2 game was crashing after about 1 hour of gameplay so I thought installing a newer beta might help that. Well, the installation seemed to go ok but I wasn't able to join any multiplayer games after that. I used Steam to uninstall the game and then redownloaded it but now it won't go past the opening credit screen. It just crashes immediately. I tried doing a system restore but that didn't help matters either.

I did look in the forums for a way to properly uninstall everything but only found tips on getting the beta to work. By the way, single player with the beta did work.. just not multiplayer.

Please tell me there is a way to get out of this mess. I love the game and was only trying to fix the original problem.

Thanks for the assistance!

Jon

I don't remember all of the specs I'm supposed to provide but I'll do my best:

Asus P8P67 (rev 3.1) MB

Intel quad-core 3.3 Ghz Core i5 processor

8 GB RAM

Gigabyte HD 6870 (AMD Radeon series) w/ 1 GB VRAM

250 MB drive with Windows 7 SP1 64 bit

1 TB drive for games

My Arma 2 game was crashing after about 1 hour of gameplay so I thought installing a newer beta might help that. Well, the installation seemed to go ok but I wasn't able to join any multiplayer games after that. I used Steam to uninstall the game and then redownloaded it but now it won't go past the opening credit screen. It just crashes immediately. I tried doing a system restore but that didn't help matters either.

I did look in the forums for a way to properly uninstall everything but only found tips on getting the beta to work. By the way, single player with the beta did work.. just not multiplayer.

Please tell me there is a way to get out of this mess. I love the game and was only trying to fix the original problem.

Thanks for the assistance!

Jon

I don't remember all of the specs I'm supposed to provide but I'll do my best:

Asus P8P67 (rev 3.1) MB

Intel quad-core 3.3 Ghz Core i5 processor

8 GB RAM

Gigabyte HD 6870 (AMD Radeon series) w/ 1 GB VRAM

250 MB drive with Windows 7 SP1 64 bit

1 TB drive for games

Should just be a case of verifying the cashe with Steam shouldn't it?

Betas and Steam, just don't do it.

Should just be a case of verifying the cashe with Steam shouldn't it?

Betas and Steam, just don't do it.

I'm not sure what that means. Anyway, I read that you could delete the beta folder out of the A2:AO expansions folder (I think that's what it was called). I did this, deleted all Arma 2 local files (via Steam) and then redownloaded it. Same problem happens... game gets to the Bohemia Interactive screen and then crashes.

What now?

Thanks for the help.

Jon

u might want to check your .rpt for errors maybe it gives a clue about your problem.

Where do I find the .rpt? Is it some kind of Terminal thing?

Thanks

---------- Post added at 10:47 ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 ----------

Also, I'm not sure if this matters but it keeps saying that the program crashing is called "Arma 2 REINFORCEMENTS". Is this part of Operation Arrowhead?

Where do I find the .rpt? Is it some kind of Terminal thing?

Thanks

The .rpt ("report") file contains basic information written every time you start the game, plus any error or warning messages. Addons like CBA also record functional information. Essential tool for debugging the game itself, mod conflicts, etc.

Search C:\Documents & Settings for "arma2oa.rpt" (without the quotes). It will open with any text editor.

Unless it's huge, post it in code quotes, which are available if you switch the reply with the "Go Advanced" button. If it is very large, zip it and upload it to a file sharing site & post the link.

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, apologies if not; however:

After updating to 1.61 RC3, I tried to load (separately, no other mods used) a couple of user modules - Grizzle's "Visual House Positions" and HeliJunkie's "ConfigExplorer". Neither show up in the 'Modules' (F7) menu.

I unpacked VHP & put the relevant files in a mission folder, it works perfectly so it isn't a script error (it worked fine when I last used it - sometime last year, pre-1.60) or a change in some command. I don't have any other user-made modules to test, but 2/2 failures looks a bit worrying. Would someone else be able to repeat this, &/or test if other user-made modules still load properly?

Might be a noob question but if I want to roll back to a v1.60 compatible beta build do i have to reinstall OA or also Arma2 and the dlcs?

Also any idea when this version will be officially released? Because its kind of annoying the people i play DayZ with are on v1.61 but the people i play warfare with are on v1.60.

Anyway thanks for the work put into these patches, looking forward to the release.

Might be a noob question but if I want to roll back to a v1.60 compatible beta build do i have to reinstall OA or also Arma2 and the dlcs?

Also any idea when this version will be officially released? Because its kind of annoying the people i play DayZ with are on v1.61 but the people i play warfare with are on v1.60.

Anyway thanks for the work put into these patches, looking forward to the release.

Probably have to do a whole combined ops re-install, judging by Jon's problems he has to do it as well.

Erm why are the islands in HD quality now? not that its bad, but mistake?^^

Probably have to do a whole combined ops re-install, judging by Jon's problems he has to do it as well.

Thanks for the reply. I am fine with doing a complete reinstall. I thought that's what I was doing by Uninstalling it and then redownloading from Steam. Am I missing something in the uninstall process? I'm asking that because even after "deleting local files" (according to Steam) and then redownloading the entire program it still crashes on launch. In case this was missed I noted that the error I get says something about Arma2:REINFORCEMENTS stopped working. But whatever, I just want to purge the whole app and start over. Can someone give me a step by step on how to completely wipe Arma 2 from my drive? I must be missing a cache file or something? Help!

BTW, I've also contacted Idea Software support and Steam support on how to get all Arma 2 files off my computer but they haven't responded yet.

Thanks again (and again).

Jon

PS - My computer couldn't find that .rpt file you were talking about. I searched "Computer" to cover all drives but nothing.

---------- Post added at 14:25 ---------- Previous post was at 14:10 ----------

Wanted to add that I figured out on Steam how to verify the cache. It said that 2 files were bad (or whatever the exact wording was I can't remember) and that it was going to reacquire those files. I ran Arma 2 again and it still crashed. I went back to Steam and re-verified the cache files. This time it said that 1 file was bad and that it was going to reacquire it. Done. Game still crashes. Reboot computer. Run again. Crash. Sigh