m1aimaus.jpg

Re-skin based of the vanilla ArmA 2 M1A1

More pictures:

m1aimaus0.jpg

m1aimaus1.jpg

m1aimaus2.jpg

m1aimaus3.jpg

---------------------------------------------

Current:Latest Release (v1.1) - Seperated config into another pbo to allow the addition of a replacement config that uses the Australians At War crewman instead of USMC crewman.

- Added AAW Crewman Replacement config

Previous:Initial Release(V1.0) - Added Australian M1A1 AIM in 3 tone camo and tan

---------------------------------------------

Installation:

Install the m1aus.pbo and bisign file into a modfolder

Install the m1auscfg.pbo and bisign file into the same modfolder if you are NOT running AAW

Install the m1ausaawccfg.pbo and bisign file into the same modfolder WITHOUT the m1auscfg.pbo file you ARE running AAW

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Found Under: Blufor > Australia > Armored

Thanks goes to BiS again, uses periscopes and other parts form the stock texture.. What ain't broke don't fix!

Felt like doing this, to my knowledge no Australian Abrams' have been released publicly and they needed one, however please note that the model is not 100% accurate as the BiS M1A1 Depicts a Basic M1A1 and not one that has been through the SA series of enhancements as found on Australian vehicles. The only real differences externally is a box mounted off the sighting equipment and the infantry telephone on the back of the vehicle.

DOWNLOAD:

http://www.mediafire.com/?53rs4fdtrynk2pm (V1.1)

Mirrors:

http://arma2base.de/include.php?path=download&contentid=4935

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17223

Edited by Python.au

Thanks for the new unit! I'll probably add it to my mission!

FYI, i believe that ANZAC mod has an Aussie M1A1 AIM as well

ehh you are right sir, I completely forgot about ANZAC Mod. Oh well :)

And thank you ArmAriffic.

first post updated

"Latest Release (v1.1) - Seperated config into another pbo to allow the addition of a replacement config that uses the Australians At War crewman instead of USMC crewman.

- Added AAW Crewman Replacement config"

Hey Python.au

I don't want sound rude for the addon but just to let you know, we don't have any desert Abrams left is Australia. If you need I can get you some photos for reference, if you plan to expand on it?

Hey Python.au

I don't want sound rude for the addon but just to let you know, we don't have any desert Abrams left is Australia. If you need I can get you some photos for reference, if you plan to expand on it?

Dont understand your question here, the addon includes an M1A1 in AUSCAM

What is the main tank in Australia today?

It would be the M1A1 Aim, which is this addon.

Edited by R0adki11

Dont understand your question here, the addon includes an M1A1 in AUSCAM

He was just saying that the all tan desert ones, how we got the from the US, have been all painted cam now.

Still, not sure why there would be an issue with giving the OPTION for mission makers to conceive a situation where Australian forces might be deployed to a desert environment..

Anyways, great addon Python. If you got any more stuff to put out, please do. I'll get them into my mission and give people an easy method of seeing your stuff in action.

Hey Python.au

As markb50k said, I Provided the tan one for mission makers, they were once painted Tan so I felt it was worthwhile providing it. At that point I wasn't aware all 50 something had been painted with the 3 tone, I had shots off both 3 tone and tan ones on training together and thought it looked interesting. And no I don't plan to expand, the only way to go there is. Fixing up the A1 mlods and/or doing the local "TUSK" upgrade kit. A random decal system would have been nice, but no idea how to code that nor can I do it without the models anyway. But I'm otherwise pre occupied to do that. Thanks for the offer, I got what I needed for this off the net, but should I need any in the future ill remember you :).

Still, not sure why there would be an issue with giving the OPTION for mission makers to conceive a situation where Australian forces might be deployed to a desert environment..

I doubt they would ever leave country though, The leopards never left. the options there though :) And thanks for the kind words. And as for stuff to put out I'm revisiting some old projects, I won't say anything as the last time I started these I left them untouched for over a year. But really cramming to try and get it working ingame ( p.s I hate uv mapping )

Still, not sure why there would be an issue with giving the OPTION for mission makers to conceive a situation where Australian forces might be deployed to a desert environment...

Don't try and turn the comment into something it wasn't, there never was an 'issue' he was just letting him know, that we don't have Tan M1's anymore. Simple as that.

Look forward to seeing more Python.

Don't try and turn the comment into something it wasn't, there never was an 'issue' he was just letting him know, that we don't have Tan M1's anymore. Simple as that.

Look forward to seeing more Python.

Trust me I'm no instigator. But you're right reading his post he was just trying to inform. Thanks