Sign in to follow this  
nilizum

Will Arma 3 have better mouse controls?

Current problems that I see with Arma II in terms of mouse controls are:

Forced X axis negative acceleration.

Forced Y axis positive acceleration.

As well as no apparent way to fine-tune the mouse sensitivity via decimal format. (e.g setsensitivity = 3.2342342)

The X and Y do not even match (probably because the X axis is affected by neg. accel and the y axis pos. accel)

In Arma III will we have much better mouse controls? I would really like mouse controls like counter strike or quake, where you can adjust your own accel values, mouse sensitivities, etc.

yes it will, including NA fixes/tweaks

Will the action menu be less, eh, "slippery"? It seems a quite a few people have an irritating tendency to slip a bit and say, accidently eject instead of turning on autohover do to a quick accidental mousewheel roll.

NA fixes???? = numerous?

:confused:

The answer it to stop cluttering the action menu.

Or get rid of it. :j:

Will the action menu be less, eh, "slippery"? It seems a quite a few people have an irritating tendency to slip a bit and say, accidently eject instead of turning on autohover do to a quick accidental mousewheel roll.

LOL, borrowed the wifes logitec MX Revolution the other day, the very definition of 'slippery'. But on the whole I've already overcome this buy remapping and using hotkeys as much as possible, also nothing stopping you from remapping your mouse if you have a enough buttons so that your enter/activate is not accossiated with the wheel.

Edited by Pathetic_Berserker

Yes please do this CoD style so I can make some of these

And in all seriousness, Arma 2 without v-sync (triple buffering absent or so?) which is hampering mouse movement, smoothing set to 0 in controls menu and deadzone about 1mm in order to reduce small movement jerkiness handles great. Default settings suck hard but it's purely BiS fault as they can't make them proper (like hindered helicopter controls which can be easily fixed by changing them to BF2 settings).

1:1 ghost aiming is good in other FPSes but Arma shouldn't allow to do 720 spins with weapon.

Would be cool if we can adjust different sensitivities on land vehicles, helicopters and planes or something like that. And i would also like if I can put numbers on sliders and not just try to adjust them with mouse.

Current problems that I see with Arma II in terms of mouse controls are:

Forced X axis negative acceleration.

Forced Y axis positive acceleration.

As well as no apparent way to fine-tune the mouse sensitivity via decimal format. (e.g setsensitivity = 3.2342342)

The X and Y do not even match (probably because the X axis is affected by neg. accel and the y axis pos. accel)

In Arma III will we have much better mouse controls? I would really like mouse controls like counter strike or quake, where you can adjust your own accel values, mouse sensitivities, etc.

Can't tell if trolling.

uRKF1.png

For the love of god, please, no.

Edited by Pd3

Guy above me is the troll or just too caught up in the 'go back to COD' thing.

I too would love to see the X/Y acceleration difference gone.

As far as the acceleration differential, that's fine.

However being able to edit acceleration values, I fundamentally believe that the ARMA series should always take into consideration actual human constraints, as they already do.

So long as acceleration values apply solely to the mouse moving the perspective, and are capped off in a way that doesn't facilitate somebody snapping their neck at mach 3, or worse yet, implying that the inertia that some guns are constrained by should be removed.

No. Nooooo.

The cons outweigh the benefits of keeping negative acceleration. I'd sacrifice a bit of "realism" for a lot more smoother controls. Keeping negative acceleration on makes a very little impact in normal Arma engagement distances other else than adding in a lot of clumsiness. High mouse sensitivity will mess up a player in Arma. People turning up mouse sensitivity will actually impair themselves in a normal Arma firefight due to the long engagement distances, which require low sensitivity and pixel precision aiming. Even professional Counter-Strike players keep mouse sensitivity very low in order to be more accurate.

Disabling mouse deacceleration and turning rate cap = win-win situation

Edited by Cookieeater

Define "smooth"?

Having mechanically accurate dexterity when trying to simulate soldiers holding weapons isn't sacrificing a little bit of realism. You're throwing the baby out with the bathwater in that respect.

---------- Post added at 07:07 ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 ----------

Disabling mouse deacceleration and turning rate cap = win-win situation

Good god, the last thing this game needs to play like a Quake engine mod.

I would argue in favor of removing ways that make aiming cumbersome in ways that aren't natural, although I would advocate simulating human error via attaching tensor, flexor and weight values to firearms, and actual "arms" respectively.

People who want to play as if weapons weigh nothing and have no physical constraints to speak of have plenty of other games to enjoy than ARMA.

Honestly the mouse controls in Arma 2 for me, are fine. I use a Razer Naga and just customize my settings out of the game with my mouse program features to get the exact values of precision and sensitivity that I want.

Not sure if this is needed.

Honestly the mouse controls in Arma 2 for me, are fine. I use a Razer Naga and just customize my settings out of the game with my mouse program features to get the exact values of precision and sensitivity that I want.

So basically you want to use things outside of the core game to fix Arma again.

I use a Razer Naga and just customize my settings out of the game with my mouse program features to get the exact values of precision and sensitivity that I want.
Lol all fine and dandy for you but what about the casual arma gamer who doesn't own such fancy equipment?

The system requirements don't say:

Minimum:

CPU: Intel Dual-Core 2.4 GHz or AMD Dual-Core Athlon 2.5 GHz

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT or ATI Radeon HD 3830 or Intel HD Graphics 3000 with Shader Model 4 and 512 MB VRAM

RAM: 2 GB

HDD: 15 GB free space

DirectX®:10

Mouse: Razer Naga

Honestly the mouse controls in Arma 2 for me, are fine.
They clearly aren't fine if you had to use external software to fix it. Edited by SASrecon
ah Razer not Raser

Not sure if this is needed.

^^Not sure if huge troll or selfish sociopath who can't be helped.

I, for one, would much like mouse smoothing to be gone, and have direct ratio between mouse movement and screen movement.

The way ArmA 2 feels isn't right, it's easier to aim a real firearm in real life.

In E3 videos where they shoot pop-up targets aiming seems very tight. Of course I havent tried it my self but judging from videos it looks much better.

On a related note, will Arma 3 have an option to invert the Y axis ONLY when in aircraft? Or at least have an option to bind a key to switch between inverted and not?

I'd personally like to see a separate sensitivity adjustment slider for both weapon down (turning with mouse) and when your weapon is up (iron sights/scope), similar to that of Red Orchestra 2.

I'm sure that's not too hard nor too much to ask for.

^^Not sure if huge troll or selfish sociopath who can't be helped.

I, for one, would much like mouse smoothing to be gone, and have direct ratio between mouse movement and screen movement.

Then they would have to cap mouse speeds, and what about arm/weapon inertia?

You do realize ARMA is supposed to be a sim right?

Then they would have to cap mouse speeds, and what about arm/weapon inertia?

You do realize ARMA is supposed to be a sim right?

Again, whatever simulation they did in ARMA 2 didn't feel right.

On a related note, will Arma 3 have an option to invert the Y axis ONLY when in aircraft? Or at least have an option to bind a key to switch between inverted and not?
I'd personally like to see a separate sensitivity adjustment slider for both weapon down (turning with mouse) and when your weapon is up (iron sights/scope), similar to that of Red Orchestra 2.

I'm sure that's not too hard nor too much to ask for.

Yes please, both of these.