Sign in to follow this  
ArchAngelAlien

How Do You Move Your Gun And Not Body?

Title is pretty much all I have to ask.. I see alot of videos of people able to aim their gun without turning their body to some degree. This video is an example:

Whenever I aim my gun with my mouse, no matter what... my body turns..? If I need a TrackIr 5, I just got mine today, and cannot figure out how to move only my gun and not turn my body?

Edited by ArchAngelAlien

Esc > Game Options > Aiming Deadzone > Slide to desired output. Welcome to ArmA

Oh god... how I hold you in high favor. Thank you so much, this has been driving me crazy. Just got my TrackIR 5 today just for Arma 2 and Arma 3. Trying to get the settings perfect! :D Thanks again.

Title is pretty much all I have to ask.. I see alot of videos of people able to aim their gun without turning their body to some degree. This video is an example:

whenever I aim my gun with my mouse, no matter what... my body turns..? If I need a TrackIr 5, I just got mine today, and cannot figure out how to move only my gun and not turn my body?

The video is showing custom animations that are not part of "vanilla" ArmA and are therefore not fully MP compatible on all servers,

For simply moving the gun without moving the upper body see vipers suggestion with aiming deadzone to full, or even more than GUI allows, editable in user.cfg config.

floatingZoneArea=0.5;

Edited by Beagle

I just linked the video for reference as I could not find another. I thought I needed TrackIR to use that aiming feature! Silly me. I will try it up all the way and if its not satisfactory I will adjust the user.cfg