Sign in to follow this  
Loui5D

Error creating Direct3D 9 graphical engine.

Basically what the title says, this is using steam version and i've had this problem for a week or two now; i've uninstalled then re-installed and still get the same problem on the other hand Arma2 launches fine.

Specs and dxdiag can be uploaded if requested. (need post > 1 for links)

---------- Post added at 16:55 ---------- Previous post was at 16:54 ----------

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?w5gt9vsah65uuau

Have you have installed DirectX 9? It's not fully included in DirectX 11 as you may think.

But then again you say A2 runs fine so I presume it's only OA when running as standalone game.

Same problem here! Both games are on steam, arma2 works fine, OA wont launch and this error happens, CO also dont want to run, just dos screen and nothing.

Win7 64

core i5-2500k

8gb ram

gtx580

SOLVED: launch parameters: -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=dummy;expansion

Edited by angelzero
SOLVED !

Same problem here! Both games are on steam, arma2 works fine, OA wont launch and this error happens, CO also dont want to run, just dos screen and nothing.

Win7 64

core i5-2500k

8gb ram

gtx580

SOLVED: launch parameters: -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=dummy;expansion

sweet solution! had the same error message when steam patched it yesterday but the launch params solved it. thanks!

I don't have the Steam version of the game. I purchased mine from the store, and ever since I installed the 1.62 patch, I've been getting the same error message after the game tries to launch, but fails.

Can anyone give me detailed instructions on how to get my ArmA II CO working again? Thank you in advance.

I don't have the Steam version of the game. I purchased mine from the store, and ever since I installed the 1.62 patch, I've been getting the same error message after the game tries to launch, but fails.

Can anyone give me detailed instructions on how to get my ArmA II CO working again? Thank you in advance.

Exactly the same here. I deleted any jayarmalib and dsound, i have installed DX9 and don't have any beta shortcuts.

Strange thing is, it works when I launch CO from the Sixlauncher.

You could try that as well kyle and see if it works for you

I'll download the SixLauncher later tonight, and give it a try.

Looks like a ball was majorly dropped with this latest patch's development. What a pain...

Thanks for the advice - I hope that it works.

I delete 2 dll file in my arma 2 folder, 1. dsound.dll 2. Jayarmalib.dll

Delete these 2 dll file and your arma should be able to work again.

I delete 2 dll file in my arma 2 folder, 1. dsound.dll 2. Jayarmalib.dll

Thanks for the advice, but I ran several searches, and those two files are not installed in my game's directory.

Thanks for the advice, but I ran several searches, and those two files are not installed in my game's directory.

Just look in your arma 2 main folder, if it's not there then you shouldn't have this problem then.

try deleting your config file or just move it to dt. Arma creates a new one next time you launch. worked for me with same error.

Good idea cjgsicknote but sadly it did not work :(

Which makes it even more strange is that I can launch the normal A2 with the exe but CO does not work.

Sure! My CO command line is

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\arma2OA.exe" -mod=@JSRS;@Blastcore;@CBA;@misc;@HiFi_W;@RUG;@R3F;@Tracers;@weapons;@Islands;@HALO;@AI

The working A2 one is

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe"

And I found out that launching from the beta exe works as well but shows a wrong version in the game (<1.62)

Edited by PurePassion

right click on shortcut then properties/compatibility and check box 'run as admin', too :)

if that doesn´t work either, run in compatibility mode for win7

Edited by @ST

right click on shortcut then properties/compatibility and check box 'run as admin', too :)

Thanks a lot ST but I have tried that as well already :(

the edited part is the important one ;)

The most up-to-date compatibility available is Vista (SP2) but that doesn't work neither

have you tried verifying your cache with it being a steam game? ( right click on game in steam library, properties, local files, verify game cache)

have you tried verifying your cache with it being a steam game? ( right click on game in steam library, properties, local files, verify game cache)

It is not a steam game. ^^ OA is retail, A2 is Sprocket.

No problem mate!

To summarize: CO stopped working after the 1.62 Patch, error is

"error creating direct3d 9 graphical engine"

Jayarmalib.dll and dsound.dll are deleted, DX9 is installed, it is executed with administrator rights, various compatibility modes were tested. Adding -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion does not help. Launching via SixLauncher, beta exe (with wrong version displayed) and the normal A2 one works. Startup parameters are

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\arma2OA.exe" -mod=@JSRS;@Blastcore;@CBA;@misc;@HiFi_W;@RUG;@R3F;@Tracers;@weapons;@Islands;@HALO;@AI

but vanilla doesn't work either.

Just look in your arma 2 main folder, if it's not there then you shouldn't have this problem then.

I wish it were so.

I searched for the two .dll's on my entire drive: I found multiple versions of dsounds.dll in directories other than ones connected to ArmA II CO, and there weren't any discoveries of jayarmalib.dll, yet I'm getting the exact same Error Message as the rest of you.

I installed Six Launcher, and spent over an hour trying to figure out how to use it. I don't want to sound too harsh here, but it has one of the most counter-intuitive GUI designs I have ever seen. I gave up using it for fear of doing something to harm my installation of ArmA II even further than what it is. I never tried launching it from Six Launcher.

I tried using the older ArmA II Launcher to launch with (now THAT has a smartly designed GUI !!!), and it would try to launch the game, but then it would lead to the same Error Message as before.

But all of this is beside the point: no one should have to use an outside-developed launcher in order to successfully start ArmA II. I hope that BI gets this mess fixed up ASAP.

The most up-to-date compatibility available is Vista (SP2) but that doesn't work neither

well, I had the same problem, after patching to 1.62 (everything smooth) neither my shortcut for CO nor arma2oa- exe in mainfolder would work anymore (not even the tickboxes appeared);

shortcut for betas and launchers were running fine, though.

running in win7 compatibility did the trick for me (strange you can only go up to vista sp2, though :confused:)

win7 64 bit here