Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA 1.61 (Release Candidate #2) build 95054

Am I correct that regarding the ACR DLC (light) content nothing has changed in RC2 ?

Because the high quality OA ACR units are still replaced by the lowres ACR DLC light ones, no barrel recoil for the ACR vehicles, my RPT is hammered with "cannot load sound" messages when I use the Dingo (MG), etc...

Xeno

I do not think you are correct. Maybe you did not apply RC2 on fresh 1.60 but on RC1 instead? I believe some data do not patch correctly in such situation.

RC2 should improve the following data:

- ACR Lite data to not longer replace models of vanilla ACR OA

- tutorial missions bugs

I do not think you are correct. Maybe you did not apply RC2 on fresh 1.60 but on RC1 instead? I believe some data do not patch correctly in such situation.

- tutorial missions bugs

Seems you are correct. I did patch over RC1 and content stays low quality. I will apply my 1.60 backup today and re-patch with RC2.

Thanx for clearifying.

- tutorial missions bugs

A big shout out to the Devs! :bounce3:

- tutorial missions bugs

At last an official statement about this subject (first I saw at least)! :) Those "improvements" (talking about the first one especially ;) ) are great news, Maruk.

Thanks a lot, BIS! :yay: :yay:

Edited by Undeceived

Great news to hear from Maruk.

A question to anyone who is in the know in interest of expediency. Will only reinstalling OA be sufficient or do I need to reinstall both arma2 and OA?

Edited by twisted

Great news to hear from Maruk.

A question to anyone who is in the know in interest of expediency. Will only reinstalling OA be sufficient or do I need to reinstall both arma2 and OA?

Well, obviously in something that seems to be an unfortunate human error RC2 does not contain the ACR Lite changes. So unfortunately, we are going to need to make RC3 and try to sort this out finally.

Well, obviously in something that seems to be an unfortunate human error RC2 does not contain the ACR Lite changes. So unfortunately, we are going to need to make RC3 and try to sort this out finally.

Thank you. I guess I'll stick with RC1 for the time being - AIUI adding the 95054 beta will achieve the same result as changing to RC2; or will that only run correctly on 1.60?

It happens, it happens :)

Xeno

anyway the CDF voices should be alerady fixed in RC2 and not being Lite anymore

I've updated my server to 95054 and it's saying "Battleye init failed". Server initialization failed. Why is this happening?

Im surely not reinstall AO to 1.60 just to apply RC2 1.61 Patch properly? wtf? Why cant you do it like we can update from RC1 to see bugfixes?

So i guess RC3 is coming soon today?

€:

So 95099 is out! Arma 2 Beta Page again not working because of login! ANd also no thread here with mirror, etc.

Edited by ShadowDuke

anyway the CDF voices should be alerady fixed in RC2 and not being Lite anymore

And the ACR lite models that have replaced models we've paid for?

I don't know if i should ask in this post, but here it goes.

It is my understanding that RC's can't be installed over the previous version, like install RC2 over RC1.

Is this right ? If so, do we always need to reinstall arma2:OA to apply every RC? and when final version comes out, do we need also to reinstall arma2:OA, or just install final version over RC ???

No its working, read pages back, pplsa sying jsut theres no lite models update then!?

Tomorrow i will delete the game, reinstall Arma2:CO, BAF and PMC, apply patch 1.60 to update BAF and PMC, and them reaply 1.61 RC2 to see if all turns out ok.

Done all of this, and all is fine now. I can play the campaigns and the single player scenarios.

I guess i will try 1.61 RC3 !

PS: i have not applied 1.61 RC2 patch yet, i'll move directly to RC3

Edited by RicardoCCH
Adding PS