Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA 1.61 (Release Candidate #2) build 95054

The time has come for brave community to get hands on RC of upcoming patch, this time 1.61

Changelog: (all from betas between 1.60 and now), minor UI stuff

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21998009/ARMA2OA_Patch_1_61-RC2.zip

CRC32: E79D2E26

MD5: C1BCA975D92F595F5310282ECEBF0BD5

SHA-1: C445DAC8B7836D11B9EF087C4F296BAA8C566030

WARNING

This update will modify your existing game installation.

Rollback to previous version is not possible.

Upgrading to the final 1.61 patch also may not be possible.

It is recommended to back up your full installation folder and profile folder first (you can restore those before applying the final patch).

As always, use at your own risk. Thanks a lot for your support!

please be aware that no easy rollback to 1.60 is possible unless You have full backup

fyi changes since last beta

[94918] New: command unit addMagazine[name, ammoCount]

[94912] Fixed: Video memory detection on W7/x64 sometimes wrong because of bug in IDirect3DDevice9::GetAvailableTextureMem.

[94886] Fixed: Possible gear item duplication (private https://dev-heaven.net/issues/36648 )

beta in Sync with 1.61 RC2 candidate for these who don't want install 1.61 RC2

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?137335-ARMA-2-OA-beta-build-95054-(1-61-MP-build)

BattlEye Support: ... supported...

Note: If you installed RC1 before RC2 you need to use backup to restore situation before installing RC1 or uninstall and reinstall Arma2 for this fix to work.

Edited by Dwarden

Thanks Dwarden, downloading right now. Is this RC2 installable over RC1 without problems? Just to be sure.

Edited by Guess Who

Why aren't these betas backward-compatible?

Seeing the first question woundn't be more ration to make one version of them every about 2-weeks in stead of two days so servers have time to put them in?

Thanks.

Goodbye.

Am I correct that regarding the ACR DLC (light) content nothing has changed in RC2 ?

Because the high quality OA ACR units are still replaced by the lowres ACR DLC light ones, no barrel recoil for the ACR vehicles, my RPT is hammered with "cannot load sound" messages when I use the Dingo (MG), etc...

Xeno

Am I correct that regarding the ACR DLC (light) content nothing has changed in RC2 ?

Because the high quality OA ACR units are still replaced by the lowres ACR DLC light ones, no barrel recoil for the ACR vehicles, my RPT is hammered with "cannot load sound" messages when I use the Dingo (MG), etc...

Xeno

Yep, mine too.

World parameter does not work for Desert. -world=Desert or -world=desert results in -world=empty. Utes and Zargabad works though.

Try desert_E

Oops, desert worked yesterday though. Thanx for telling me ...

Xeno

Come on, BIS, you can't be serious about that! :(

Why aren't these betas backward-compatible?

Seeing the first question woundn't be more ration to make one version of them every about 2-weeks in stead of two days so servers have time to put them in?

Thanks.

Goodbye.

These are not betas they are Release Candidates. They mess with the main EXE and other main files rather than just residing in the beta folder. There is another thread here which allows you to use this RC as a beta. Although you won't get the 'extra' content!

These are not betas they are Release Candidates. They mess with the main EXE and other main files rather than just residing in the beta folder. There is another thread here which allows you to use this RC as a beta. Although you won't get the 'extra' content!

I already tried the "beta" version too and it is not backward-compatible too because of battleye.

And noone comments on the new maps ?

Check the RC1 thread.

@Dwarden: I'm another RC1 experimenter who would like to know if I can apply the RC2 patch over RC!, or whether I would need to roll back to 1.60 first. TIA :)

As with the last few betas, I am still getting micro jitters as I pan from left-to-right in city areas.

Check the RC1 thread.

@Dwarden: I'm another RC1 experimenter who would like to know if I can apply the RC2 patch over RC!, or whether I would need to roll back to 1.60 first. TIA :)

Come on, BIS, you can't be serious about that! :(

Xeno

As with the last few betas, I am still getting micro jitters as I pan from left-to-right in city areas.

Note: If you installed RC1 before RC2 you need to use backup to restore situation before installing RC1 or uninstall and reinstall Arma2 for this fix to work.

So if I'm reading this correctly, the ACR stuff is fixed if I use a Pre-RC1 install and then patch it to RC2?

So if I'm reading this correctly, the ACR stuff is fixed if I use a Pre-RC1 install and then patch it to RC2?

well thats good to know. be interesting if any brave person didnt install rc1 wants to give rc2 a go. and will the final release necessitate a reinstall as well?

i'll try this evenig but off to a 12hr work day i go first.

I have Arma 2:CO from steam, and installed RC2.

Are my saved games from 1.60 compatible with this version?

I'm Trying to launch Harvest Red and Operation Arrowhead, from previous saves(1.60) and also restarting the campaigns, but its always stuck at loading.

regards

Depends what you mean by fixed. The units are still low-res. FYI I took a backup of my Arma 2/OA install before applying RC1, I then deleted everything and re-applied the backup before applying RC2.

It's late so I can't test much at the moment, but I can see that the textures are still low res and the sound errors are still there with the Dingo MG.

It's been a long day - I will test more tomorrow...

I have Arma 2:CO from steam, and installed RC2.

Are my saved games from 1.60 compatible with this version?

I'm Trying to launch Harvest Red and Operation Arrowhead, from previous saves(1.60) and also restarting the campaigns, but its always stuck at loading.

regards

1.60 saves are incompatible with 1.61, but campaign progress is compatible so you only need to restart one mission to continue campaign.

1.60 saves are incompatible with 1.61, but campaign progress is compatible so you only need to restart one mission to continue campaign.

Well, for now, i can only play Dayz, which i'm not that interested. Every campaign, Harvest Red, Arrowhead, BAF and PMC, just get stuck at loading. Scenarios also don't want to load, but no error message.

Tomorrow i will delete the game, reinstall Arma2:CO, BAF and PMC, apply patch 1.60 to update BAF and PMC, and them reaply 1.61 RC2 to see if all turns out ok.

pS: I'm restarting everything, not trying to load 1.60 saves

Same thing with me but Reinforcements crashes when I try to play anything that is not Dayz and some ACE.

Well, for now, i can only play Dayz, which i'm not that interested. Every campaign, Harvest Red, Arrowhead, BAF and PMC, just get stuck at loading. Scenarios also don't want to load, but no error message.

Tomorrow i will delete the game, reinstall Arma2:CO, BAF and PMC, apply patch 1.60 to update BAF and PMC, and them reaply 1.61 RC2 to see if all turns out ok.

pS: I'm restarting everything, not trying to load 1.60 saves

Same thing with me but Reinforcements crashes when I try to play anything that is not Dayz and some ACE.
every bis made mission is broken for me with this beta patch.

i always spawn as 2 birds when starting up a mission on a dedicated server.

This may help one of you, if not all of you: Arma2 singleplayer missions will not work if you have DayZ activated. This is because of DayZ cheat protections.

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/36903