Sign in to follow this  
suma

Kicked with "Bad player name" - request to help

To anyone who has a problem he is kicked with "kicked off by BattlEye: Bad Player Name":

We would like to fix the problem, but we have no idea so far what is the source of the problem.

Please, do not try to solve the problem on your own, instead, help us reproducing the problem, so that we can fix it properly.

I understand you want to play the game, but if possible, please, try to help us instead.

- Backup your profile (located in Documents\ArmA 2) and have it ready so that you can send it to us.

- If you have a folder called Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles, backup it as well

- note a name of the server which is kicking you off

- Post a notice here in the forum that you the problem and have the files ready

- We will contact you and get the files from you

Edited by Suma

I still have my problematic profile and it happens on my server every time I join. So I can reproduce all the time... :D

File ready to send to you.

I am using build 94876 however, should I try the latest first?

This is how it looks like. I got to the mission selection on the first attempt, before it gave me "Session lost".

But most of the time I'm not able to join the server. I get stuck on "Waiting for Host" or "Joining game..."

46186-badname.jpg

If there is still someone out there who can see the problem in its more serious form (the name appears as empty both in the BE and in the initial Player connecting message), please, post here so that we can get in touch as well.

I'm definitely still having the issue.

I can send my profile if needed.

US 10 Chicago Vet 3dp:off CH:off is a server that kicks me regularly (it is DayZ).

Thanks! Let me know if you need anything.

If you use BEC (ibattle.org) and have enabled ASCII character names only, it will kick you with the message of Bad Player Name.

hi,

i have the problem too that i get kicked off the game by Battle Eye "bad player name".

Edited by Willi

I am seeing TONS of people getting kicked for it on our servers.

I just loaded the new Beta Patch and after that it`s not working anymore. Yesterday i played normal without any problems.

this issue shall be resolved in next beta/RC3

I have this problem, and I'm ready to send you the files when you contact me.

Please help me as soon as possible! Every server I've connected too has given me the same result.

I could connect fine to loads of servers last night

now today i get Bad player Name and Connection Failed from every server

my name is not offensive

sad times with no DayZ :(

Alright, I've seem to work around the problem, I simply just reinstalled the Six Launcher and Battle Eye, and now I'm able to play again perfectly.

I'm definitely still having the issue.

I can send my profile if needed.

US 10 Chicago Vet 3dp:off CH:off is a server that kicks me regularly (it is DayZ).

Thanks! Let me know if you need anything.

With patient help of sxp2high and beezel (thanks to you both) I was able to identify and fix the problem. The bug is when the user name is not stored in registry at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2 OA, it is read as if it was there, but empty. This should be fixed in 95099. If you do not want to wait for that version, just create an registry value with a name Player Name and containing your user name as a value. An alternate workaround is to create an additional profile with any name and use that.