Sign in to follow this  
AssassinsWraith

Im a bird!!!help!!!!

Ok I bought this game 2 days ago on steam and i bought it for DayZ. I play multiplayer just regular old ArmA 2: CO and when I do im a bird/seagull. When I read some forums you are a bird when you download the game illegaly and yet I HAVE PROOF that I bought this game since its in my steam record and my bank record. Can some one please help me.

Are you using the recent buggy beta patches?

when I do im a bird/seagull. When I read some forums you are a bird when you download the game illegaly

In some missions being a bird is a normal occurrence when you are killed- it is a kind of a spectator mode, which allows you to watch the progress of a mission in which respawn is not enabled. When the game considers you to be using illegal copy, you will always be given a message like this:

“Good birds do not fly away from this game, you have only yourself to blame.â€

Are you given such message?

Suma, it happens sometimes in normal "BASE" respawn missions for JIP clients, no illegal copy message.

Xeno

You become a bird on coop mission that :-

1. Didnt allow respawn and you only have 1 life.

2. Joining a coop game that didnt allow Join In Progress

Nothing to worry about, just move around and look at the players doing the mission. you will be able to join when they finish the mission or all of them died.

In coop as said, but in the description.ext the respawn if the mission maker defined it 1 or bird, but by default when

you die if not defined the player will respawn as a bird for 1 life so basically no respawn.

Seen here:

if defined by the mission maker

Sets respawn type.

Can be one of:

0 or "NONE" - No respawn

1 or "BIRD" - Respawn as a seagull

2 or "INSTANT" - Respawn just where you died.

3 or "BASE" - Respawn in base.

Requires a marker named:

respawn_west

respawn_east

respawn_guerrila

respawn_civilian

Add markers named with the prefix 'respawn_west' with any suffix (eg: respawn_westABC, respawn_west1, respawn_west_2, etc)

for multiple random respawn points. Similarly for east, guerrila and civilian.

Vehicle respawn in base requires a marker named:

respawn_vehicle_west

respawn_vehicle_east

respawn_vehicle_guerrila

respawn_vehicle_civilian

4 or "GROUP" - Respawn in your group (if there's no AI left, you'll become a seagull).

arma 1.08.gif 5 or "SIDE" - Respawn into an AI unit on your side (if there's no AI left, you'll become a seagull).

With this respawn type, team switch is also available to any AI controlled playable units.

What mission were you playing when you died and became a bird?