Sign in to follow this  
billsirkill

Adding scores for Kills

Hey All... I am in the final stages of making a user mission. I would like to add points for each kill. example: PVT = 1pt, Lt = 3pt, Armor kill =12pt, physicist kill 10pt.. then have a tally when the mission is complete. I searched and couldn't find an answer.. so if there is one please re-direct or an answer would be great..

Thanks..Bill

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

As a second phase: I will make this an MP mission... where by each squad leader will have a medic. this 2 man squad will be pitted against each other to amass the most points. this will make it a competitive PvE game.. any ideas??

Hi BillSirKill!

Those points are added automatically when you kill targets. At the end of each mission (in the debriefing) something like a tally will appear. But you should mess around with the minimum, the average and the maximum score a player can get, if you want to differenciate that tally. Here's the link to the Wiki about the min- avg- and maxscore sections of the description.ext.

When the player reaches the maximum score, a gold star or something like that (forgot it :D) will appear in the debriefing. And a red cross or something will appear when he only reached the minimum score.

Other than that it is possible to add an amount of points when a CERTAIN condition is fulfilled, which is defined by you (e.g. when the big boss officer is killed or all tanks of the base are destroyed).

For this you should check the addRating command.

Hope that I could help you a little bit.

Edited by Undeceived

Thanks for the quick reply.. So for my example... there are anti-radar installations... Mission ends when all 3 are !alive = false... There are 4 2-man squads.. a bunch of OPFORs on seek and destroy orders against the 2-man squads.. At the end of the mission: Do you believe that the "scores" added from the addRating values will populate for each squad...pitting the blufor squads against each other?

that is my main goal.. I have reviewed a lot of single missions. I have not found any that fit this description?

thanks..