Sign in to follow this  
smacker909

SP: Tankistan Control / work in progress

Updated 8/25

- Added female suicide bombers

- Tweaked prisoner pickup chopper landing routine

- Increased pts for IED disarms (now 2)

- Number of IED disarmings needed to give intel on IED facotory is now random number between 1 & 7

Had only limited testing time.. so please advise of any issues :)

Updated 8/25

- Added female suicide bombers

- Tweaked prisoner pickup chopper landing routine

- Increased pts for IED disarms (now 2)

- Number of IED disarmings needed to give intel on IED facotory is now random number between 1 & 7

Had only limited testing time.. so please advise of any issues :)

I was JUST in the middle of typing out my responses but nvm, thanks Smacker909!

Screwed up last update for Prisoner pickup.. the chopper wont come! deleting update file and will re upload when its fixed and tested.

Updated 8/26

- Last update broke defense squad deployment & Prisoner pickup - Fixed

- Fixed issue with IED Intel from disarming IED

Thanks for this mission! I have spent hours on hours playing without realizing where the time went. But some times I get a little lonely, are you planning on making a mp version or is there some way I can do that in the mission files? Thanks again!!

Hi Cartel, glad u r having fun with the mission. I think there are lots more insurgency missions already for MP so I was mostly trying to make a SP with things I wanted that I couldn't find in a SP. I'm not an expert scripter either ;) so would have to do some reading up on MP requirements. (in other words.. I haven't scripts a MP mission before :)

I'd also love to see an MP version of this. Nothing fancy. Basically the exact same system in place, but with multiplayer. No respawn as in the current SP mission. Just healing once critically wounded.

Ya plenty of insurgency missions out there but non of them are truly as fun as yours. Would love to play Mp on it! but like I said before great sp and endless fun.

well, I'm happy that u think it's FUN because FUN was my main objective ;) Unfortunately I haven't scripted MP before and would need to do some work to get to the point of porting to MP.. because lots of things coded from the start, were not done with public variables in mind. I'm still pretty new to scripting and someone with proper coding skills would probably gasp if they looked at my scripts! lol. However, if someone wanted to help out with porting it over, I would be welcome for that and offer assistance or information as needed. Otherwise, it would be a while before it happened :(

Updated 8/28

- Hostile civilians & suicide bombers now spawn in nearby houses

- Suicide bombers will now target random squad members

Please advise of any issues. :)

Edited by smacker909

Updated

- Engineer added to squad for IED disarming (less chance to explode)

- Patrols added for random Insurgents

- Other minor fixes

liking this mission so far, very fun to go witch hunting the villagers. 1 thing though, destroyed or disabled enemy vehicle despawn too fast for my guys to carefully approach it. possible to prolong the timer?

Muahaha - Glad you are having fun with the mission :) - Which enemy vehicle are u referring to?

--

Only convoy vehicles should be deleted manually.. and this should only occur when the next convoy starts. So if the convoy timer (which is 180 seconds by default) expires and a new convoy starts, they will be deleted. This behavior was changed in a recent release where as the convoy vehicles used to be deleted much sooner.. so if you don't have the latest version of the mission.. please download the new one. ;) If you are using the latest.. please describe the vehicles and timing between when they were destroyed and when they were deleted as well as , if you changed the default convoy timer during mission start.. what it was set to. - For all other vehicles I'm using the garbage collector module and that hasn't changed.

Edited by smacker909

Muahaha - Glad you are having fun with the mission :) - Which enemy vehicle are u referring to?

--

Only convoy vehicles should be deleted manually.. and this should only occur when the next convoy starts. So if the convoy timer (which is 180 seconds by default) expires and a new convoy starts, they will be deleted. This behavior was changed in a recent release where as the convoy vehicles used to be deleted much sooner.. so if you don't have the latest version of the mission.. please download the new one. ;) If you are using the latest.. please describe the vehicles and timing between when they were destroyed and when they were deleted as well as , if you changed the default convoy timer during mission start.. what it was set to. - For all other vehicles I'm using the garbage collector module and that hasn't changed.

I am referring to the convoy, didn't pay attention how long before it got deleted but I took my time to tactically move my squad in, just to make sure no surprises. Should be the latest just got it downloaded again today.

Okay, thanks for the info. If you destroyed the supply truck, you should have gotten credit for an objective and points for that. (music plays..lol) I assume you were hoping for intel from the crew? Hopefully the convoy trucks & crew weren't deleted until the next convoy was starting.. I think 3 mins is default delay if truck is destroyed or cache site is built.

---

Can you tell me if the supply truck was disabled or destroyed prior to moving in? I can see about making a longer delay prior to deleting.. even if next convoy has started. Thanks for the feed back !

Edited by smacker909

it was disabled or got the driver killed, couldn't confirm it but definitely not destroyed.

I'll check, but I believe the script will check if truck !canMove or !alive .. or within range of it's destination before starting the timer.. so I will see if I can change the script to allow garbage handler take care of deleting the trucks and crew.. that way it shouldn't occur until you are gone from the area. I will report back with an update when I have it. Thank

Updated 8/31

- Convoy trucks and crew now use garbage_collector for removal

Please advise of any problems

Updated 9/1

- Correct broken convoys caused by garbage collector addition. Now trucks will be deleted only when new cache site is built.

Any downloads for the 8/31 update.. convoys will not complete and no cache sites bill be built. Sorry!

Updated 9/3

- Reinforcements are free if within 50m of US Base (start position)

- Added some vehicles patrols and other surprises to random insurgents

Anything in the works lately Smacker909? Also, wanted to ask the community if anyone would like to see any specific features in the future for this mission at all? Very open-ended mission we have here in the making, the more ideas the better?

Next update will hopefully have multiple convoys running.. spawning from H.Q. first, then from any active caches sites afterwards. Hope to have something by the weekend, time permitting :)

Next update will hopefully have multiple convoys running.. spawning from H.Q. first, then from any active caches sites afterwards. Hope to have something by the weekend, time permitting :)

Any developments lately Smacker909? Hope all is good...

Sorry Delta, that turned out to be a little more than I initially thought.. so was going to rebuilt the core of the mission from scratch, then got side tracked with other things. Anyway, It looks like the mission link expired, so I'll re-upload it and update the link when I get back home this afternoon, but based on the low number of downloads last go round, it looks like not many are playing anymore.

Well I'M still playing the mission if that means anything to ya at all...underrated mission imho. :beeeers: